Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

Your definition of a remaster seems to be a sequel like turning this into Diablo 3, but yes gold auto gold pickup is fair game.

What’s the advantage again?

1 Like

It isn’t my definition of a remaster, I literally stated that it was Google’s, go look.

Hmmm… 4 tweets from Rod
https://imgur.com/a/6MAmMMP

People are whining they can’t pick up drops fast enough, so they want drops handed to them for free. Or they grossly overestimate the number of cheaters.

I had no problem in the beta. Granted I didn’t get every drop, but that’s what FFA loot is.

Yawn
Nobody is messing with the loot tables.

Last survey from mister Lamer:
20% use bots
47% use maphack

“never as common”

So add it to pubs as well. Obvious solution.

At launch.
They also said they discussed it, would consider adding it as an option and are happy to hear our discussions.
Go figure.

2 Likes

Even if that is the case you are admitting that there will be people cheating and that in your opinion the negative experiences of those players being affected by those cheaters are not worth protecting. (Because its not as prevalent) …

Again, in your own words, you are admitting that MP has issues for loot hunting. I am advocating for MP pub games to be viable for both XP framing and loot hunting (one of the best features of D2). You have not offered a solution to cheaters (minor or not) that doesn’t involve forcing players to play solo or with their friends, options that are both a solution to a symptom and not always viable for everyone.

Using Pickit, give you the user an unfair advantage. It also creates a toxic environment for new players who dont know about it or dont use it. Having pickit on your side, gives the user tremendous advantage for when that GG item drops.

I am glad you asked, I already covered this in a previour thread. Metas is about creating the most efficient group. It will encourage groups to run the most efficient compositions for specific runs. What MrLlama calls useless character like an MF barb sounds really fun for me to run for my group.

I will admit that I have “leeched” before, and I can tell you that once you reach a certain level, you can tank a few hits with well time pots.

Thats not the Ploot system I support. I like the D3 style better with slight modifications. Please refer to my previous posts if you want to read more about my propositions.

Before game launches.

Savage! :joy:

2 Likes

excellent post
20 chars

Yeah it is an absurd generalization. “Everyone in pubs uses pickit except me” “I’m forced to play solo to get loot” and so on. They aren’t convincing anyone with that, especially not Blizzard.

2 Likes

Well that is the problem with your logic right there. You never actually played D2 against pickit players before.

Nobody gets anything for free. 8 players agree to share their loot. Completely normal gameplay. None of your business.

And the very same will happen in ploot as well. You are not making a good argument here.

There’s an old adage, “public games are for xp, private games are for loot”. He’s not just making this up. And you pretending this away is pointless.

1 Like

That is literally stated by MrLlamea in the video that is posted by the OP in this very thread lmao.

1 Like

In my post I was specifically talking about Pickit. That’s not the same thing as Maphack, literally almost everyone used maphack lol

Attempting to bot is also not the same thing as regularly botting, you’re also looking at a survey where the sample size is most likely people who have played Diablo 2 over the past 20 years

I wrote ‘solo’, not ‘private’. There’s a big difference. You not reading my posts, yet quoting them to try to dismiss them - that’s the pointless enterprise here.

1 Like

Ok, I give up with this thread. Mr. L for Lame a already stated in the video that he only plays solo or with a group of friends, so he is gatekeeping a system that doesn’t even pertain to him. Game over for me man.

2 Likes

So you are ok with maphack?

1 Like

One of the most entertaining aspects of this thread is the persistent “who?” type replies. Talk about coping mechanisms.

1 Like

I get more than 1/8th of the drops. Ploot will change that just because they can’t get pick up drops fast enough.

Obviously people are cheating, when did I ever say that wasn’t a thing?

Your solution is to ruin the game for tons of players who AREN’T cheating. I don’t bot and don’t plan on botting or using pickit. I still know the damage of adding a feature like personal loot to the game, slightly offsetting cheaters does not necessarily make the game better for everyone.

When I’m saying MP has issues for loot hunting, that problem does not go away with PLOOT, the loot system won’t be changing. If you think the loot system should change then you’re advocating to completely change the core game mechanics.

You don’t need metas in D2. Hammerdins, Blizz Sorcs, Light Sorcs on their own are enough to farm Baal / Chaos Sanctuary. Is your meta advocating that 7/8 players in the game wear 100% MF gear while 1 player does all the work? This is the only way I can see it being useful, and then there’s the problem of metas like this flooding the economy.

Naked characters will most definitely die very quickly in hell difficulty, I guarantee you a couple hits and a ring of fire from hell Diablo is enough.

Nice try drawing at straws though, you stated a bunch of things I never said weren’t true, no point stating the obvious ‘cheating is bad’ when we all understand that. It doesn’t make your points more valid about ruining / changing the core game that was intended to be a remaster.

3 Likes