I was against Ploot. I changed my mind

Alright what does it mean then? I also wasnt talking soulbound btq

You are welcome.

Shadout was nice enough to write a short summary.

Right right so its like poe perm allocation but you would see the roll.

No reason to assume POE style. They’ll be lazy, and go D3 style.

What you got on my 40 homie?..

Yea, you got something.

I see you are great at taking things out of context.

Funny that the title is “when an argument falls apart” , as there is still no logical response about someone leaving party and killing.

Yeah I was against the entire idea of myself, until Blash convinced me otherwise. There’s no logical reason to get in the way of it being added as an option. It has no effect on anybody that doesn’t want to use it, whatsoever.

Players can already get together and decide to roll on every item in a game. All this does is streamline what can already be done. It’s just an optional way to play, that doesn’t affect min/max.

4 Likes

I have zero problem with Ploot and I played the original D2 like a damn addict. I had three accounts full of characters and stuff. Games are always more fun when the encourage you to group. D2 is great fun, but it creates a atmosphere of being super paranoid about drops when you are playing with others.

4 Likes

Yup I agree with this 100% and that’s the main reason I will not be grouping at all in this game… and a lot of people probably will do the same. The more I think about it the more it seems like ploot would actually be good for the game in the sense that more people would be grouping, thus the game would stay more lively. Let’s face it the only people who enjoyed FFA loot back in the day were probably the ones stealing it all… I’m not sure why people are so hyperfocused on how ploot would break the game but it wouldn’t. FFA loot has always been annoying and I’ve always solo played for that exact reason (and will continue to do so). But hey it’s whatever y’all want I’ll enjoy myself either way. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Rod Ferguson opened the door to ploot after 23rd and everyone is raging and whinning again on twitter…

This player gets it. If I wanted the most optimal way to farm loot I would play solo (which I am going to do). I would like an option in public games so I can socialize while making new friends without having to worry about getting all the loot stolen from cheaters like bots and pickit players.

4 Likes

No he doesn’t. Many of his arguments are completely invalid and he has yet to prove to me why he was against ploot in the first place as all of his reasonings for pro-ploots are the exact same reason why so many people are against it. I won’t go into details as this topic has been discussed numerous times over the last few months.

• 8 players doesn’t give you 800% drop increase. In fact it’s 450% and this number does not affect super uniques, uniques, and champions. Bosses on the other hand are different. For details google Diablowiki Player_Settings.

• Ploot will be only effective in quests, normal - hell rushes, and Baal runs. It’s terrible for mf runs unless the parties managed to stay on the “same path” while “everyone” is cooperating. Each mf routes are usually done under 3 minutes and I don’t see how a group run would be effective. This isn’t like Diablo 3 Greater Rifts.

• OP wants same drop for all members in the party. This suggestion is simply not very thoughtful and I won’t even comment on it

It did for what I wrote for:

Soloing is the most efficient way to farm for loot.

1 Like

Only way to achieve this is to complete redesign of D2. Group play has always been for levelling. Efficient group mf runs require new features like Greater Rifts or bounties where rewards are given for the fastest finish time. This doesn’t work for D2 and I hope it never does.

Party would not matter for any of this, just like it doesn’t in FFA.

firstly this isn’t what ploot advocates were talking about. I have a hard time siding with them on what they were asking for just based on their posts. We obviously have a difference of opinion here.

That said, I think this is a topic that ploot and faa agree is a bad idea. Thanks for at least uniting 99.999999% people on this forum.

“no reason to assume X. So let’s assume Y for assumed, unrelated reason Z without a reason.”

That’s hilarious because i literally quoted your entire context.

There was.
Same logic as in FFA. When someone leaves the party, the loot will still be distributed to everyone in range of the kill. Party does not have a role in ploot allocation.
Very simple, very en par with FFA, no abusability (that is not already possible in FFA).

1 Like

Well here is my message message that Rog Fergusson (the one in charge with the Diablo franchise) responded to me with a couple days ago, this is the most agreed upon system for the option so far:

https://twitter.com/Portal_Ingress/status/1438626059553968128?s=20

It’s for an optional system of a 2 second allocation time for an item then it becomes FFA.

1 Like

Only problem i have with FFA is that people will use auto-clicker and having lowest ping to server probably gives you the best chance to get the item that drops. Not very fair.

Yeah I could see that work but it’s still not ideal.

• at that point you have a whole bunch of people waiting for the drop to be active. It actually makes decreases the odds for you.
  • if a bot is in the game, they’ll most likely be the ones that wins the toss. I mean chances are they would have one it anyway but i’ve beaten bots to loot lots of time before. Granted this is an assumption the person who has dibs isn’t paying attention.
  • I just don’t like gatekeeping loot but this is maybe more of a personal reason. I think most FFA’s feel this way. You want to make your own luck than let RNG decide.

All in all this is probably the best ploot method of the the lot.