Personal Looting System = The screwed-up originality

Well since it is an optional system that doesn’t affect anybody who doesn’t want to use it in any way whatsoever, there’s no reason not to implement it.

1 Like

Personal allocated loot in a nutshell:

1. I have a good balanced dps/mf character.
  2. I kill a monster.
  3. The monster drops a perfect griffon.
  4. I have no option to pick it up.
  5. ???
  6. Maximum fairness.
1 Like

Because ploot is just that terrible

So don’t play in ploot games?

2 Likes

Of course I will never play ploot games. I’m going to play D2R which will be free of that scourge.

Just go to my D4 FFA loot suggestion topic and read some replies. People get crazy about the option even for a NEW game in development. But you are talking about option for OLD game, with established balance designed with current implementation in mind.

We’ll see what the devs do. I’d probably stick to FFA games if they ever do implement it as an option, but I don’t get all the whining about a possible implementation when you wouldn’t be forced to play it anyways.

3 Likes

I talk about it a lot but it’s not really even that important to me. If it’s not implemented, I don’t really care. The discussions are very interesting though, and those who wanted installed as an option are logically correct. Since it is a very popular topic, I continue to debate those putting out misinformation.

But this is the greatest game ever developed. If nothing was added to it, would remain that way, still.

However, this is an opportunity. And a lot of these ideas are not just shots in the dark. We already know they work on established private servers in the community loves them. These servers are actually much more popular than battlenet now. Ideas that are tried and true, especially if optional, should be implemented imo.

1 Like

again that’s not how ignore works on this forum so if you can see his name you are looking at the post that was hidden.

3 Likes

The loot drops are. The loot allocation isnt.

And the devs have even said so themselves already.

1 Like
  1. you select ploot as an option on game join and therefore agree with these rules
2 Likes

“give ploot!”, is what their entire argument can be boiled down to.

From a recent press interview, it looks like Blizzard/VV is looking into changes post launch that include balance changes and new items. They sound like they want to release a similar game to D2/D2:LoD and then add onto it.

Rob Gallerani - "We have a ton of ideas, of course, but for now it’s our job to make sure the base game is okay. We have unlocked all single player ladder-related content and made it available outside of the ladder.

Now we need to see what happens when the game comes out. What can be done with balance, new items and all that.

We, of course, have not confirmed anything yet, but some fans may be interested to know: there is a possibility that if the community wants this and everything is fine with the game, then new content may be added to it."

See:
Diablo 2 Resurrected May Get New Content After Release - Aroged

`https://gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-post-launch-content/`

for the original article that one is copying and it does seem very likely they will be adding stuff post launch.

Unsurprisingly, two of the persons who liked this comment consistently engage in ad hominem on this very forum.

Pot…kettle…??

1 Like

d3 had massive refunds (and a class action lawsuit I think) long after the game released because they promised pvp and never delivered. Just an example that the customer can get their money back even after playing. Blizzard does not want that bad press and to piss off their customers.

A refund might not be automatic at that point, but they will likely consider it and refund them.

its not suposed to be fair…thats what you dont get. Either your lucky or your not . Besides items are free for all who ever gets… it gets it …Just becouse you play a character and your perfect item drops that dosent mean that YOU must get it, if your lucky you pick it up if not…maby next time. This is Fair , you just fail to see it.

1 Like

Actually D2R like D2 already has ploot. It is by doing the following. Playing solo mf runs either online or offline. Or playing with a group of people that you know will actually share the loot drops in a fair manner. Playing in private password protected games. That is the ploot that current exists in D2 and D2R. No other options are needed.

1 Like

Its really simple for me, and many other old time players. If this game releases, and if they change it so that it no longer resembles the game we were told (sold), there will be refunds, Whether or not the release date has passed.

Everyone can believe and feel what they want, I speak only for me, and only this once, as i have observed the forums for weeks as we lead up to this point in one week, what should be a legendary release. Yet, its all just sad to me.

Here is a game, the KING of all arpgs. And all i see is people wah wah’ing over changing it. QOL… they say… rune stacking, splash damage, on and on.

All i know is this. After reading the article where the company admits that they will look into changing the game after release, depending on the players… well im frankly insert curses mad as hell.

The reality is , us old timers, are not the majority, we are not the loudest voice, we are far and few. But it us , us alone , that carried this torch to where we are at today. This game is not for the gaming generation of today. The evidence is all around this forum.

I am going to leave now, and let the loud almighty echo on. I just had to say, Blizzard, im absolutely disgusted with you. From the let down that was D3 years ago, to this new communicated ‘possibility’ of ruining a game , that YOU “Modern Blizzard” , didn’t even make. Fricking disgusted.

Good day.

1 Like

The solution is the same as before. Two realms, Original 1.14 and Changes. Then nothing can ever hurt the original gameplay.

1 Like