Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

Those cheating loser andies are already in shambles, cause people do trade websites so their 100000000 FG on d2jsp they “achieved” by cheating, botting and scaming people is irrelevant. Now they want to at least keep the pick it using :slight_smile:

No one is fixing it. Players are asking for a second option. If you like the FFA system, you can pick it.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of projection in your posts. We back to the “everyone who picked up something I wanted uses pickit or bots” cope?

I know you didn’t just use the critic metascore in metacritic to prove something right…? I know you have a brain in the skull of yours, use it please.

So I can be in a game with someone who has personal loot active?

Which he ignored.

No, he provides his personal opinions on something that is not suggested. And he would easily find out what is being suggested, by doing his homework.

I guess that’s what he was trying when he said “go back to d3” and chose the whimsyshire thumbnail for his video. Totally not trying to influence people.
How dellusional can you possibly be?

Also completely not showing a way that the game is also fun, which is the ploot that is being suggested around here.
Because he knows that this suggestion is working and has no negative aspects to it. Otherwise he would have brought those arguments.

P.S.: You should consider naming yourself Apostolian. It is far more fitting.

Nope.

Nope.

No change to economy:

You mean the part that you people are making up? Yeah, we are coming back to it because you keep making it up again and again.
It is your choice to maybe stop making ridiculous accusations up from thin air.

1 Like

If it is like how Rod tweeted, an alternate loot system would be optional, set at game creation and require opt in. No game would have two loot systems at once. If you did nothing, all your games would be FFA only loot like the original D2/D2:Lod.

2 Likes

Yes, if you activate personal loot, you can. It’s an option you can chose from.

Sounds like you are just unable to accept that Mrllama is correct in his reasoning…You are full of so much fuming toxicity it is astounding… Please take a deep breath and think before you go around breaking everyones post up into tiny little parts so you can reply to 1 word at a time. Mr 2006 posts…seems like the only game you play is called “forum fuming”…get a life segmenter.

It is a deep, deep sense of insecurity. Pitiful really.

Sounds more you are still not able to read through the list of reasons why Lamer is completely misguided in his commentary and doing you a disservice by misinforming you.

And you are just blindly following a leader/false ideology without ever questioning it.

Practice what you are preaching. We could have avoided all this breaking down if you would actually try to read what i linked you in the very first post.

Seems like you are just resorting to ad-hominem instead of arguing on the point.

I already have one. I dont need two lifes. My life is not a video game. :wink:

The only insecurity is that of adult human beings who are so afraid of losing the ability to be toxic to other people in a video game that they flail mindlessly against any other opinion on an online forum and grasp at every straw, as little and broken as it might be that has the vaguest and most frail notion of being remotely in their favor.
Lamers commentary is a disservice and you are fools to not see the complete lack of preparation and general knowledge on the topic. Let alone the fact that he has literally nothing to do with public FFA games to begin with.

2 Likes

MrLlamaSC. Basic spelling eludes you, in your toxicity.

Loot is incredibly complicated. Different items - armor (body, helms, boots, belts [?], gloves, etc.), weapons (1H, 2H, melee, magic, etc.), and so on… Each of these categories breaks down even further - white, blue, yellow, gold. Sockets, modifications, etc. There’s non-weapon/armor items, including charms (blue, yellow gold), pots, scrolls, etc. Lot is an incredibly complex beast.

How it drops, however is a simple thing: player kills monster, monster drops items. Period.

So, loot is indeed a core part of the game. How it drops is simply one of a very, very long list of criteria relating to it. It’s not a question of “forest vs. trees” as you frame it. It’s a question of “an ice cube vs. an ice berg.”

Try to keep the proper perspective…

Does it bother you if someone comments on a topic without using the full context and contorts it into a completely different direction?
Maybe then you should also take offense in MrLamers commentary, which does exactly that.

2 Likes

Nothing does, but I can’t say the same for you:

Pitiful.

Yawn. Are we still taking seriously comments from a self-interested “influencer” who’s trying to monetize acrimony that he himself has caused - due to his confrontational vids?

Man, this guy laughs his way to the bank, whilst we snipe at each other in reaction to the stink bomb he dropped in the room before he promptly left.

I thought most of us are smarter than this…

4 Likes

Yes, some people actually care whether a discussion is being done in an honest way. Something you seem to be unable to do. Same as Lamer.

Indeed. I agree that his commentary is pitful. As a matter of fact, i wrote it further above.
I am afraid you are not important enough to make it to the list of pitiful people to deal with though. For you i just have disregard.

Very few do here, and you’re a prime spreader of toxicity.

As juvenile as it gets. Reap what you sow, child.

And at the same time i am still coming up with arguments, counter points, quotes, citations, links and have a genuine interest in understanding the other persons point of view.
I have watched Lamers video twice. Also Debrunskis and MentorGGs. I heard what they said and wrote down why it is incomplete or (in Lamers case) completely and utterly false information spreading.

If that is the prime of toxicity spreading to you, then you might have different standards than me.
In your case, i only have one real message that i hope you will understand:

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Correct. I am happy to see you in agreement that he should reap what he sew.

Considering trading with others is a fundamental part of the Diablo II online experience, The way it drops is a core mechanic of the game.

Is there going to be to many items flooding the economy with personal loot? Simply devaluing all the items as a whole.

Or if I am in a game with others with P loot going…do I even see enough items to even make it worth it to me? Maybe I should just go play by myself at that point since it just isn’t worth it to be with people also. See how quick the P loot system could go downhill if it isn’t implemented well enough? I’m keeping a very proper perspective on things.

I’ve said this in the thread before and I’ll say it again…“If it aint broke…don’t fix it”.

This game has stood the test of time. Yes other things could use some modernizing, like UI elements and ease of navigating it / moving items. That doesn’t affect the gameplay itself, if anything, it just makes us able to play the game even more by reducing downtime of muling and transfering stuff.

The way the loot drops is quite possibly the most important thing to be wary of. You change it and you change the way people interact with each other…there are deeper issues at play here then just loot when we are talking about how it drops. How it drops is EVERYTHING.

Mrllama is a great person who has helped me itemize/build tons of different toons. He is a great resource and he is a successful influencer of the game BECAUSE of his knowledge. He has worked hard to be where he is and if you deny that then that proves your arrogant ignorance and why your statements should not be acknowledged.

I stand by everything I’ve said and I will not be swayed on this subject. Pick apart my words all you want.