Honest Question for Ploot Advocates

This is the consequence you chose to refute an optional 2 second allocation timer then becomes FFA loot system?

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29DXfcdhBg

I dont have to convince anyone. I am trying, but that is just out of good spirit.
We already have 40-60% support for ploot.
And we already convinced multiple people.

As it stands right now, we are thinking more about consequences and you are thinking more about emotions.

Epic self-destruct. How would you even…

3 Likes

Your consequence is literally anecdotal. It’s based on the notion because you haven’t personally “seen” any bots in your public games then that means they aren’t in public games.

The kind of ploot system that is discussed here, how exactly would it look like? Did I get it right that each item that drops has a 2 seconds delay before anyone can pick it up? Isn’t it still the pickit user who would get it first?

We really need a thread where each system is defined in more detail. I think people make the wrong assumptions way too often when they hear ploot.

Another guy who pretends there are no negative consequences, although the thread is full of it. :yawning_face: In case you haven’t noticed yet. I am just a little amused by you guys. Arguing with you is pointless. All I can do is hope that the devs won’t give in to the huge cry of the lazy people.

This is the baseline version.

Yes, it is “full of it”. Not of arguments for negative consequences though.

2 Likes

We are discussing timed loot and not personal loot per se.

For timed loot, loot is assigned to one player in a multiplayer game for 2 seconds where that player can see and collect that item. After 2 seconds, everyone can see the item and it is FFA like the current system.

Edit: As mentioned below, the timed loot system would be optional, set at game creation. and require opt in. No game would have two loot systems in the same game.

3 Likes

Also it’s only an option that you can choose to use by joining a public multiplayer game that has this option enabled during game creation. You can still play full FFA games.

1 Like

made my day :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’m not surprised that you’re one who thinks a handful of people represent 40-60% of everyone.

Personal loot is too broad a term, and I wished we’d stop using it. The scope is so broad, to the point of meaninglessness when trying to discuss merits.

2 Likes

Well for 2 seconds it is personal (invisible so others can’t gather around and wait for the 2 seconds to expire), however, maybe some people are so adamant against it due to the triggering of the word. I guess it could be changed. :thinking:

I also dislike the term “personal loot”. Instanced loot is better since some people think personal loot means account bound. Instanced loot does not have that misperception.

When applicable, timed loot is better terminology.

Instanced loot I associate with Diablo 3 immediately.

But, again, opinions differ. It’s almost painful to discuss unless we had a signature at the bottom of each post listing our definitions… :confused:

1 Like

“Hot TP … Safe” bo bo tele tele hammer spam pickit spam. Sounds to me you haven’t played Diablo, either at all or never went into a pub baalrun.

1 Like

The loot option for Path of Exile is called “Short Allocation”. So we could use that instead of personal loot.

3 Likes

That would work for me.

1 Like

I didn’t think a word would trigger players so much, I should of used that wording in my tweet to Rod yesterday.

That guy was arguing that ploot was preventing bots in Diablo 3, not Diablo 2 :roll_eyes:

Have you visited the acronym D2R forum? There are more accepting than last time; however, we have some of the same well-known players.