Please put PERSONAL LOOT

Yeah, this is the more likely of those two interpretations. He keep telling them to relax and calm down.

In the end though, it hardly matters what Rod was trying to say.

Why do you want to change that?

Let people have Timed Allocation as a toggle. And then you can take care of your problems in-game. Win/win.
But I guess you are not able to take care of your problems in-game, so instead you complain here.

3 Likes

D2R is a modernization of D2, so i agree with you that it should definitely include ploot.

5 Likes

remastering game is not same as doing a new game with new options! spam much as u like but as being said already WE’RE NOT DOING IT! iam sorry if ur just bad with looting but D2R ain’t catering free for u…rather go play some OGD2 and learn how to loot instead

2 Likes

Why did you cross the road? I was joking with somebody. You can go to Act 4 if you don’t like it.

OK, well if it were done in such a way that this wasn’t affected, then I think I might be okay with it. I just don’t want it to be like WoW where items are soulbound and can’t be dropped on the floor for other players to see or have, and items can’t be given to other players freely.

1 Like

We do not want it to be that way either.

Here is the short version of what most people are asking for:

1 Like

You know people hate wow because of Rng.

Loot is already RNG and you want to RNG for your own personal RNG.

What happens when I get 3 hrs and you get 3 quivers. You will come here complaining rng is broken.

No he won’t. Nor will I. Stop making up nonsense.

2 Likes

My friend. I’ve seen it on these same forums.

Less of a stretch than asking for ploot because there may be botters (which blizzard should ban and keep clean if any exist).

1 Like

2.6k posts, original post only has 107 likes…yikes

just sayin, if its not broken, don’t fix it

2 Likes

only 260 users in those 2k posts and since about half or maybe a bit more than half (because it’s the blizzard forums) are going to be anti-personal loot that makes sense

1 Like

Imagine if there was a down vote button.
It would be like -1000.

1 Like

Just being honest: I think having a whole bunch of text from items on the ground that I can’t pick up would irritate me so much. I would completely avoid public games and only play solo or with other people I know. I know people are trying, but I still haven’t seen any idea of how ploot would be implemented that sounds like an improvement. I’m really not convinced.

You wouldn’t need to do that. FFA would still be around too.

Besides you might get the chance to pick up those other items, so seeing them is very relevant information (likewise if you want to trade with the person picking up the item).
Doesn’t seem that different from seeing a drop in FFA that you know you won’t get to pick up, before it is grabbed by the nearest player 0.1 second later.

Of course, it could also just be possible in the game settings to choose whether you only see items you won + FFA items, or if you see everything.

1 Like

You did see in my opinion… i mean i’m not going to do a month long poll, broadcast on any social media, try and get it in on twitch streams, or pull in a poll on the forums where people have multiple accounts already making it look like more/less people want things. The time and effort will not be cared about by anyone (seeing all the trolls here now) so i guessed (cry a river)

You went into to much effort to disclaim me… i really don’t care if people think numbers mean the world or if their crap. The majority of the community doesn’t want it and even Rod has said no to it at least at the launch of the game.

We have to stop fighting for or against something that litterally wont happen.
Just relax and enjoy the game in a few weeks.

If I had a dollar for each time someone had told me D2 Remaster literally would never happen… and we should stop asking.
I probably wouldn’t notice the difference, but I’d definitely have some more dollars :joy:
People love to say X will never happen. Until it does.

1 Like

If the text annoys you, i have good news for you.
It is an optional mode that you are not forced to play.

Also people were complaining about the exact opposite as well (not seeing all the loot). So apparently there seems to be different tastes of what you should see or not.
And last but not least, when you have timed loot, you more or less have to make the items visible beforehand, otherwise there would just be random item popups 1-5 seconds after each kill. That would be quite silly, as you might imagine.

Making up numbers if fine, if you say in the same breath that they are assumptions.
You made them seem like facts, as if you were really convinced about them. And your doubling down on them makes me think that you still are.
Also you did not make up just any kind of numbers, you made up numbers that were highly in your favor. If you want to make an argument based on made-up numbers then at least make it work for conservative estimates! Not for some made-up pipe-dream.

That is unfortunately how things are nowadays. Some people just claim something and say it is true. And to prove that they are saying something false and misleading you actually have to walk the mile.
The problem is not the one who walks the mile though.

Again you double down. I will say it again 4 votes with >5k participation have told us otherwise.
Even if you are believing that a certain number of those votes are fake and misleading, it is most certainly not the entire poll. And even more so not 4 different polls on different subjects.
Even if you strongly doubt that polls, they still give you a strong incentive to consider the notion that it is actually a sizeable part of the community that wants changes and also things such as ploot.

Simply running over here and claiming with “no effort” that “the majority” thinks otherwise is not just lazy. It is - frankly - stupid.

Still i appreciate you coming back in a civil manner. But please try to at least be conservative with your claims. 60-70% refunds is a ridiculous number and nowhere even close to the universe of reality.

1 Like

Listen to the 1000 posters. Nobody wants optional.

You don’t get a special version of the game to suit your lazy needs.

You have been told all the reasons why it wouldn’t work and what else it would break.

Eventually people stop trying … hence why you get simple replies like this.

ITS NOT HAPPENING

Where do you see 1000 posters? I see 2000 posts. That is maybe 30 posters. And the overall ratio is most likely somwhere close to:
40% for ploot
39% against ploot
13% do not mind ploot if it comes at a trade-off (e.g. not getting more than 8x8 items, which we are not asking for anyway)

Stop making up numbers and come back to the facts. Ty.

I am not asking for one.
I am asking for an optional game mode that suits mine and others social needs.
Lazy are those who want to benefit of lesser-abled players by stealing their loot.
Like a bully taking lunch money of a first-grader on the schoolyard.

There hasnt been a single reason stated why it would not work.
Not a single one.

In the past 2 months (!) there have been 1-2 arguments that have come close to standing for a day until we found a solution for it. Nothing more.
Stop making false claims. Absolutely untrue.

I would be surprised if people even tried to begin with.
Some did. But certainly not as many as you claim.
Why else do most people come here with only 1 post and say “go back to d3”? Without even reading what is being asked for.

Your claims are dishonest and easily proven false.

2 Likes