Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

What is the problem?
Ploot is specifically not meant to increase the benefit of playing together, since that would make it imbalanced.
It offers the same average loot rate as FFA. Each have different pros and cons, but neither is better. People can pick the one they like the most.

That is true in PoE, and would be true in D2R.

4 Likes

Because people posted it here on the forum and tried to use it and this guy to prove a point. That’s the only reason lol

Stop hiding behind this guy and fight your own battles.

3 Likes

You are probably right. Also I wonder if loot was private they would just stick to you and get loot without actually doing any real damage? Leeching beyond the limit.

Stop hiding behind ploot and fight your own battles for loot you think you deserve but you dont.

2 Likes

Son don’t @me I will destroy you lol

1 Like

Nothing is spoonfed, you still didnt understand the suggestion.

Exactly. Like keeping outdated mechanics and not providing up-to-date features.
There was a reason to render it in 3d.
There was a reason to put it on bnet 2.0.
And there is a reason to give an option for ploot.

It doesnt.
This is a claim you keep making, which is very detached from the actual reality of ploot pubs.

Ploot doesnt remove any choice. It adds one.

False. It promotes cooperative play where 8 players work together for shared loot.
FFA loot on the contrary promotes selfish play, because even by the name of it, everyone fights for themselves.

What is “their own thing”? And why is it bad?

What is that supposed to mean? Are you arguing for FFA or ploot? I cant really tell.

You mean the one where he calmed you down and told everybody that discussion is a good thing?

I mean that we are a broad and diverse group of people. Different thoughts, different ideas, different playstyle, different reasons for that playstyle. The word to describe that is heterogenous.

Stop trying to give me lectures when you cannot even grasp what i am talking about.
Now go back and study your dictionary to pick the next word to build your argument on.

I am not pushing anything. I am just stating a fact.

The contradiction lies in your understanding of the words, not in the way they were composed.

Unbelievable, he has no clue about the loot system. yet tries to make a 10 minute rant video on it. Pathetic.

4 Likes

Bring it on grandpa
20 chars

If you followed the group with a magic find barb who received all the horking loot as their own did you not win? It changes the meta. The meta becomes leeches for bonus loot characters, rather than participating and being “in the action and close to the monsters”. This is a can’t see the forest through the trees situation. You can’t see what the cascading effects are of your own personal wants.

1 Like

WOW, did Zax just agree with Mrllameas and now wants permanent changes to his pure game like stacking gems and charm inventory. This is very shocking news since he was one of the biggest advocates for the no-changes crowd. :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Not exactly sure what he’s trying to say at the moment… any moment now a huge post will appear I expect lol. He’s been typing for a while now.

1 Like

I agree. Considering that the game is 20 years old I would say the average age of current player base is between 30 and 40. While indeed twitch audience is probably 10 to 25 year old.

No, it was because you said that who care about what streamer thinks. People who watch him obviously do and as far as i know, he is biggest D2 streamer with most audience. A lot more people probably just watch him.

He is well known D2 streamer for a reason. I think its good that his opinion is posted here and he is right btw, he explained it pretty well why is ffa loot better for D2R.

??? I am not hiding behinf anyone. What battle lol? Plooters already lost, battle was won.

1 Like

What you dont get is that Rhykker actually made an argument. Not even the best, but at least he had arguments and knew a bit more.

Lamer just took his second-hand half-truth and minced it with some mod-pre-party-war-stories of his youth.
There is a huuuge difference in quality between both videos.
I would have loved an argument by Lamer about ploot, an argument where he actually got off his butt and read about what was suggested, what was already implemented in different games and why they fit or not fit into d2.

Instead he tells us:
“D3 is bad”,
“i never had a problem”,
“when i play with friends, they share loot with me, so its ok”,
“one time i clicked faster than a bot and it was awesome”,
“i had a lag once, so i know what a bad connection feels like”

D3 had different problems that the loot allocation, so it would have had the very same perception despite FFA loot. Maybe even worse.
But otherwise i agree. David Brevik also agrees.

1 Like

You cant be more far from reality dude. What the hell are you talking about? I am one of forum users who want many changes. I am definitely not in no-change crowd. I even created several topic suggesting radical changes to skills.

I guess you are confusing me with someone else?

I am only against bad changes.

Originally you miss read what I posted now your being too lazy to read posts I’ve made further up this thread. Feel free to answer your own questions by READING those posts.

And why would all that not be possible in ploot?
even more so: why would it not be incentivised by ploot?

2 Likes

It’s going to funny once players who never played D2 but are also agreeing to not have a personal loot option, really find out how bad multiplayer games can get with bots/pickit players. The complaints against the bots/pickit programs are going to be huge later in D2R. It is going to be quite hilarious to see. :rofl:

2 Likes

No I didnt. Stop making stuff up.

The only way anti-plooters can argue is by making up an argument to counter that was never even suggested, and pretending they are addressing the issue. Over and over again, this is all they have.

I’m certain a ploot option will be added after launch. It was already admitted that “if” they implimented it, it would be an optional system so they already have a working model. It’s just a matter of public relations at this point so a small minority does not go and sabotage metacritic and start a refund campaign.

After we’re past that, blizzard can implement these things. The writing is on the wall.

When this happens, the anti-plooters will have no excuse because they can’t even address the arguments being presented. They are only addressing ones they made up in their own minds and are pretending to engage in counter arguments with them.

They have nothing.
So, it will be implemented.

5 Likes

Maybe you cant read?

Feel free to apologise any time.