WoW Classic Stress Test on May 29

We have just wrapped up the first stress test for WoW Classic and while we understand the concerns that a number of you have mentioned, it helped us in many ways. Testing the login process is certainly an aspect that is very important for us to explore and we did gather some valuable data yesterday, so we appreciate everybody who logged in or even attempted to do so during the testing window – you have helped us prepare WoW Classic for release.

That said, because of some of the issues that were encountered, we were not able to test other aspects that we’d planned for. As a result, we will be doing another stress test on Wednesday, May 29 from 2-4pm PDT. The stress test realm will become available at 2pm PDT and the level cap will be increased to 10. For access, we will be including everybody who was invited to the test on May 22. Similar to last time, the stress test realm will continue to be available until 4pm PDT on Thursday, May 30 so there is additional time to check out the starting experiences.

Please keep in mind that while more issues could impact the play experience, it is very important to perform these tests so we can learn about and fix as many of them as possible before the release on August 27. We thank you for your continued support and we’ll see you back on the WoW Classic stress test realm very soon.

Hogger also sends his regards…

271 Likes

nice! thanks. woot will get to learn power word shield. hehe

18 Likes

Will anymore people be added to this stress test?

22 Likes

Can’t wait!

3 Likes

I didn’t see you in the streams did you have fun?

2 Likes

YESS!!
ily bliz

3 Likes

Will we still have our characters from the current stress test or will we be starting with new characters?

17 Likes

Thank you very much, I can’t wait to get to 10 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yes i did! really enjoyed it. cant wait for august 27th… well may not be able to get on august 27th if too many people are trying to log in.

i tried to gurubashi but it didnt work out. traveled there and no one was there because they had just had a streamer event there on the previous captain’s chest spawn, apparently. waited, checked forums and twitch, let some orc hunter loot the next captain’s chest. (i didnt need it. was playing a priest and game was gonna be over in just a few more hours).

ah well. now they’re saying next week we have another stress test up to level 10!

3 Likes

I assume that means no additional invites?

10 Likes

Its~ All~ Over~ But the crying~♫

3 Likes

Being chased by Patchwerk and Majordomo at the end was much fun :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the next one.

5 Likes

Can’t wait till the 29th!

3 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to testing more things!

4 Likes

THANK YOU ! I loved every minute of it, thank you thank you thank you !

13 Likes

Awesome! Was a lot of fun testing this out. Haven’t had this much fun in a game in a loonnng time. Glad we could help and also enjoy it in the process

11 Likes

Absolutely amazing experience! Thank you Blizzard for bring back classic. Had an absolute blast playing with old community and those new to Classic!!

9 Likes

any extra beta invites, would love to try out 1-30

7 Likes

This is gonna be awesome!

5 Likes