"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

https://old.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/ct08c7/welcome_to_the_rclassicwow_subreddit_ama_with_the/exiano5/?context=3

160 Likes

That was vanilla. This is TBC.

42 Likes

They are going back on their word. ITs right there in print.

76 Likes

Ya where is this mindset at blizzard?!

24 Likes

Tbc didn’t have boosts either. Both are classic games. One didn’t have boosts and neither should the other

94 Likes

What Septic said

The leveling was part of the draw of Classic, and so they did not want to take away from that. The boost for BC Classic takes you straight to the bare minimum level to get into BC, where that leveling can take place, and gets you to endgame faster, which had a much bigger focus in BC than it did in Vanilla

22 Likes

“Boosts are not in keeping with classic”. Tbc may have a larger endgame experience, but you also had to level to get there. No boosts were in original tbc, and no boosts should be in classic tbc. No boosts!

79 Likes

If Blizz agreed with you then they wouldn’t be separating Classic and BC servers

if you want to level in Classic then level in Classic

17 Likes

They don’t agree with me because they want to money and maybe because they don’t have faith in their product. And they have to separate servers… This all got started because people wanted vanilla wow. You have to keep the era servers or you’re gonna piss off that community, and they’d be pissed for good reason. If they took got rid of classic and kept these boosts for tbc classic, then I’d never come to back wow again.

9 Likes

Hello.

I think it might be helpful to note that what we’re now calling WoW Classic Era realms start at Level 1, and we feel the same as we did two years ago: no Boost would ever be needed (or appropriate) there. When we originally laid out our principles for WoW Classic, the 1-60 experience was the only thing to which we could refer.

Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, and we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.

261 Likes

of course they do, they’re a business. why would a business not want to make money?

24 Likes

Make Fresh Servers please though …

61 Likes

Please change your mind on providing boosts. It makes me happy to see you guys are noticing our complaints and that you’re talking to us because maybe y’all will take boosts out. Tbc is still a classic wow game, and it had no boosts originally.

64 Likes

They get money through subscriptions

10 Likes

Boosts are a great idea! Keep up the good ideas Blizzard!

55 Likes

so? they have an opportunity to make more money

4 Likes

At the cost of undermining the game

49 Likes

depends on how many subs they lose due to the changes

13 Likes

it does not affect you one way or the other

14 Likes

then lock it to people who dont have a 58+

42 Likes