Boost is coming

I’m not confused at all. Classic Vanilla and Classic TBC are both Classic. The game didn’t have the credit card swiping services then and I don’t want it to have them now. Ever since it was first announced, Blizzard’s official stance on Classic was that the whole point was to be able to go back and experience an authentic recreation of WoW’s earlier eras. After seeing Classic’s commercial success, they’ve conveniently decided to backpeddle on their word and bastardize the memory and experience of WoW’s roots by slapping paid services onto the game (That ANYONE can buy, including those with level 60 characters) while pretending that they’re just concerned about the experience of newcomers.

No, I’m not confused at all.

You didn’t really, though. I’m trying to understand the perspective of someone who will pay for a game, and then pay once again, specifically to not play that game. Of course, assuming the intended purpose of that game was for you to level up and progress rather than just swiping your credit card like it’s some mobile game.

I’m perfectly aware that you don’t worry or care about the implications of Blizzard’s actions here.

I’m not sure if you realize the glaring irony in your argument here, but trying to minimize the investment and work involved in the leveling process really only goes to show that level boosts aren’t necessary and that we should be looking to Blizzard to explain themselves for wanting to dip into our pockets to skip something that “…literally makes up such a small amount of your /played”.

Is skipping this content going to have a big impact or not? People on your side of the fence seem to suddenly have vastly different opinions on the matter depending on which part of this conversation we’re having.

I honestly don’t care how others spend their money. If this were a single-player campaign like Shadow of War, I’d have a good laugh at the idea that people would be willing to pay money to skip content in the game they paid for, but I’d move on with my day immediately after because it makes literally no difference to me if someone wants to blow their money that way. But in an MMO, paying for advantages has actual consequences, even for the people who mind their own business and elect to keep their money in their pockets.

Your oversimplification of the situation makes me think you’re not actually savvy to the impact that this will have on gameplay and on Blizzard’s decision making in the future.

There’s no point in pursuing a conversation with you if you earnestly can’t or won’t see that this will affect everyone playing the game. That’s really the whole point. It’s never been about wanting to govern how others enjoy the game.

1 Like

Not everyone is poor or allergic to paying for convenience. It’s no different than paying a premium for a ride to a concert from Uber so you don’t have to deal with parking nonsense. Most classic players are acting like they make $3 an hour and they can barely scrape by paying their subs. Just as an FYI you don’t have to be rich to not be poor. And if you have more time than money you’re free to level the old fashioned way.

They didn’t backpeddle on anything because they didn’t mention their philosophy for TBC until they announced it. I don’t know anyone who assumed that every expansion would be “No-changes” going forward, if they decided to re-release them.

You’re basically putting words into their mouth.

It’s like the kid that’s told if he behaves at the grocery store he’ll get a cookie and then throws a full on tantrum and then is mad he didn’t get said cookie or the chocolate bar he decided on his own he also is “entitled” to despite never been promised it in the first place.

1 Like

Boosties are those kids.

We’re not talking about the no changes mentality. This conversation has nothing to do with the no changes thing.

Blizzard confirmed that there wouldn’t be any level boosts in Classic a little over a year ago in a Reddit AMA, and I quote (from the executive producer of the WoW Classic team):

Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don’t want to break any hearts.

If you want the source, you’ll have to Google that quote, as I can’t post links here. As a blue post points out, it’s true that the Vanilla era of Classic is what they would’ve been referring to since, at the time, that was the only era publicly confirmed to be a part of Classic. However, we know for a fact that there have been internal discussions and plans revolving around the future of Classic and bringing the expansions into the frame since long before the official Classic announcement was ever made. At the time that he posted this, he was fully aware of where Classic was headed if it was met with commercial success.

23 days ago, a community manager created the only blue post that I’m aware of on this issue. In his post, he says:

Notice the carefully and conveniently-worded backpeddling (Keep in mind, this is damage control, after all of this blew up). “What we’re now calling WoW Classic Era realms…”

TBC is Classic. On the launcher in the TBC update panel, it literally says, “The Dark Portal reopens 2021. Prepare for the next WoW Classic adventure.” If they haven’t decided to listen to the community on this issue, you better believe that Activision Blizzard, from the corporate side of things, is going to try with all their might to reframe the situation so it doesn’t look like they went back on their word on a project that’s basically meant to be a gift to the community they’re now trying to dip into the pockets of.

So no. No words being put into peoples’ mouths. I quoted them verbatim, and those quotes should clearly indicate a paradigm shift in the corporate offices of Activision Blizzard to anyone with basic reading comprehension.

1 Like

Nah, u wrong.

the very post that you’re quoting very specifically differentiates Vanilla Classic (aka the current Classic that will then be ported to “WoW Classic Era” realms as the post calls them) from TBC Classic

but you’re conveniently leaving out the rest of the quote because such differentiation runs opposite of your narrative, hm

1 Like

lmao cant make this stuff up

Seems like you don’t like to read whole posts. I addressed the thing you’re talking about.

Here let me reply to your ignorance.

For 1 I lvled several toons in classic, just didn’t make it to 60. The mage is classic and is lvl 54 and I just began lvling him again to get him to 58. The rogue is lvl 48 and I have not played him since we stopped killing Asmond on Ferilina (however spelt).

For 2 there is a huge difference in questing in classic and questing in Outland. If you played as long as I have you would know the difference. Best thing I enjoyed over the years of lvling many alts in retail was dung grind to 58. Then I would begin questing in Outland and Wrath. I have done this over and over with so many different toons. now with Chromie Time I just go with Outland and Wrath.

My post being flagged hurts me in no way as it will come back after Blizz reviews and great thing is, the salt from you hating a boost makes me ever so happy while I boost a character and enjoy the game how I want to enjoy it.

1 Like

Yes. Yes it did. From Vanilla onward.

2 Likes

No, you didn’t. Or more accurately, you outright refuse to see it as anything other than damage control and backpedaling instead of simple clarification, and so misrepresent it to the point you may as well leave it out of your argument entirely.

You’re so caught on “omg Blizzard lied” that you refuse to acknowledge that Vanilla Classic and TBC Classic are two different things. Two years ago they said Classic (now to be referred to as “Classic Era”, or Vanilla Classic) that it would not have anything like level boosts - and two years later that remains true. With TBC Classic, they’ve promised no such thing

If Vanilla Classic and TBC Classic were intended to be the same thing, they wouldn’t be separate game clients

2 Likes

here ya go, to make sure you understand a full post vs editing to try and suit your opinion.

4 Likes

I remember watching the space shuttle blow up in 8th grade if that gives you any idea and watching my dad push our car to get gas when there was a gas shortage in the late 70’s but if you feel I am 27 or something silly then I will take that as a compliment.

1 Like

I, and others, in fact have explained. To understand you must be willing to listen.

Your statement about someone willing to pay for a game, and then pay once again is just fishing. The fact is we don’t even PAY for classic. We pay for a subscription to retail, which allows us to play classic. But that is just semantics.

The Burning Crusade expansion is NOT classic alone. 1-60 is Old world. 70-80 is TBC. While back in the day we had to progress all the way from 1 to 70, it was a different time and different players and different time constraints. It would be difficult for you to argue that the times and people are not different.

With that said, having an option for someone to play the TBC content, without playing the other levels can be appealing and does not mean they are not any more of a fan of WOW than you.

To have such a stance against it is simply gatekeeping and you wishing to impose your sense of world order on them.

To understand, you need to consider the positives and other arguments that have been put forth. Sadly, repeatedly on these very forums, the anti-(whatever) movement only asks to understand without trying to meet halfway with the other side’s argument.

This is not an accurate statement, however you felt it necessary to try and get a jab out at me to lessen my opinion because you want my viewpoint to be seen as marginal or not as important as yours.

I hope you have a good weekend Eldemir.

Even if they dont provide a boost people still pay gold to be boosted.

Classic leveling experience was at launch almost 2 years in. I’m sure most go the boost way for alts.

1 Like

TLDR
All I see in your post is desperate attention seeking.

1 Like

yall are the kids. try sending the average arguments both sides have made to someone without explaining context, who doesn’t play wow at all. people that don’t even PLAY wow are like :rofl: at the way yall are behaving. the comment i made i didn’t pull out of thin air. :wink:

looks like it’s unflagged lol