New/fresh servers pointless now

Any new/fresh server Blizzard releases would immediately have max level toons on it due to boosts. Boosted bots would destroy the economy quickly, anyone hoping to do server first anything would have no choice but to boost, community fragmented between boosters and levelers, etc.

Very disappointing as I just started and even though the game is fun I don’t really want to continue as the game really feels like it’s already over with the constant world buffs and people throwing around gold like nothing etc. I probably won’t continue.

4 Likes

I’m not a person who’s been advocating for a fresh server because I wouldn’t play them… but how would boosting ruin a fresh server if everyone starts at level 1, with 0 gold? I would also assume most people choosing these servers are not the type who want to be boosted anyways. Just sounds like you wanna complain for the sake of complaining lol.

6 Likes

Welcome to World of Warcraft.

It’s heartening to see a new player take such an interest in the game that they join the forums to express their opinions on some of the more esoteric aspects of an expansion that has yet to be released.

Again, welcome, I hope you stick around.

4 Likes

Boosts aren’t coming to WoW Classic.

2 Likes

Blizzard can just prevent boosts from being used on the fresh servers.

6 Likes

can’t tell if sarcasm

Good.

Couldn’t they just disable boosts on characters on the fresh servers? Keep in mind there is only one boost per account too. I think they should tie it to credit card number to prevent people from having a 60 of every class due to multiple accounts

I pay for three accounts, only one of which I play. My kids don’t get their boost? Hard pass.

1 Like

Submit birth certificates to blizzard to prove - problem solved

2 Likes

If they do fresh servers for Classic those are boost free because apparently the boosts are for TBC. That alone has me excited for possible Fresh Vanilla Classic realms because it’s to me just seems like Fresh classic realms are a logical path going forward.

2 Likes

Personally how I’d do it is one mega server for PvE and one for PvP then a fresh server for each as well

1 Like

Yes, because having populations 3 to 10 fold of the original numbers didn’t cause any issues at all.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen like 3-5% of the playerbase is interested in remaining classic…without a mega server we aren’t going to be finding raid or dungeon groups or even groups for Elite quests

1 Like

I saw that they may be doing grouped realms like many retail servers are.

How this works is, it’s basically server mergers but you keep your name and your realm name is included in chat same as in Battleground.

This way there are more names to go around.

Yeah, I saw that too. Thoroughly disgusting idea in my opinion. Personal preference of course but I’m so hoping they do not go that route with Vanilla Classic. I hate the idea running around with a tacky tag after my name. Especially on a RP server. Yuck. shudders

1 Like

Would be nice to do away with the stupid hyphens.

2 Likes

FRESH server implies

No transfers
No boosts

Try again

2 Likes

Most of the community is against boosts as well, we don’t need fresh servers to be anti-boosts. Please stop with the red herrings and attempts to bring unrelated topics into the fresh camp.

We the community are seeing through to your true motives, which have nothing to do with fairness, and everything to do with handicapping others for your benefit.

2 Likes

“The game is already over”

Only to an egotistical tryhard whose only purpose is to get a server 1st or dominate the economy.

Your own words expose your true motives.