Will vanilla servers have boost?

Asking now, I’m interested in playing vanilla after TBC launch and 2 others who returned to play are curious as well before we start leveling.

Better not. Would completely ruin the classic game. I think even Blizzard understands this.

1 Like

Thank you!

But it doesn’t, though. It begins at level 1.

The entire reasoning behind the boost is flawed. Frankly, nothing good will come of it … and very likely a lot of bad.

• Vanilla starts at level 1
  • Burning Crusade starts at level 58 unless you are a Draenei or Blood Elf (who cannot get the boost)
  • Wrath of the Lich King starts at 68 unless you are a DK which has their own boost built into level creation but you have to have another char at or higher than that level.

“The Boost” from Blizzard is an expansion feature. It is only offered with new expansions. My retail account got a 100 boost and a 110 boost (for free). I don’t remember if I got others.

So a CE server (Vanilla-only) character can’t get a boost.

No, lol. That’s not how that works.

The game starts at level 1, regardless of the current expansion. If as developers you’re dumb enough to add paid boosts, then for that boosted character it starts at 58 in TBC. But the game wasn’t designed around that. This is something they’re tacking on now and it’s a really bad idea.

The game starts at level 1. Yes, the Deathknight hero class in WotLK was a notable exception to this, but having that class start at level 55 was integrated into the game’s design at the time. And you had to have a max level character first before you could create a Deathknight … so really, again, the game started at level 1, lol.