'I Don't have time to level' argument

So based on Blizzard themselves, “Burning Crusade begins at level 58”. I do not see anything about 1-57 being a part of TBC in that statement. I wonder what all the anti-boosters are on about? Blizzard themselves have stated BC begins at 58!

IF the game truely began at lvl 58 then why is it a paid extra feature? Is there a magic button to make your professions 300? IF JC is a TBC profession why does it start at 1 skill and need classic era materials.

just becuase blizzard says the TBC starts at level 58 doesnt mean it does.

I can call a pizza a hamburger but doesnt make me right even if i created both.

1 Like

Last time I checked, Blizzard makes the game, they develop and program it. If ANYONE can claim to know what TBC is, I think it’s Blizzard.

Did you read all of blizzards response?.. I’ll highlight the text that matters I guess?

It is totally possible to experience TBC without ever doing anything related to Classic. Who ever said professions were REQUIRED to enjoy TBC. If someone chooses, they could go the whole 58-70 experience without ever crafting. Heck, I know players to do just that, they wait till they are 70 with plenty of gold coming in and just burn through any crafting later when they can just buy the mats off the AH.

This assumption that Professions are now some required thing in order to experience TBC is very narrow-minded.

So why is the boosts open to every account? Should be then only available to the new players whom wish to quickly join their friends in outland? LOL

2 Likes

Yes, the foundational experience upon which the entire game rests is “irrelevant content”.

1 Like

Because the programming of that would be cost prohibitive?

First you would have to define what “new player” is - which can have a multitude of definitions depending on the parameters.

Is it someone new to wow, new to classic?
Someone that played a decade ago but is just now getting back into WoW?
Etc.

Then you would have to program implementation that is intuitive enough so you don’t waste time answering tech questions from people that don’t see a boost.

(And honestly I feel like that is impossible due to how subjective “new” can be)

1 Like

Think about it logically. If they tried that, apart from the points already made about it being difficult and cost prohibative. Players would just get around anything like that by canceling thier current account, opening a new one and getting the boost.

At the end of the day, better to add it for everyone.

Ultimately, we are arguing about an optional choice for each player, if you do not like the boost, then you do not have to get one. It is a personal choice each player is free to make or not make. They are not forcing you to boost a character.

1 Like

That you are using a blue post as absolute proof means nothing when it’s from company that has gone back on it’s words multiple times.

Also that post does not even make sense, the boost is available for everyone so the target audience are clearly not new players.

If TBC really starts at 58 then when creating a character all of them with the exception of blood elfs and dranei should begin at 58 with optional professions at 300.
Following that reasoning boosts should be a permanent basic feature and not an optional service you can buy with real money.
If TBC starts at 58 then all the new characters created in this expansion should start at 58 and people should pay for the privilege of being able to play from level 1 instead.

But the reality is that TBC was not designed with that mindset, and that is why when you created a character back in burning crusade that character started at lvl 1

2 Likes

The time I don’t have, is to spend an equal amount of time on leveling my Mage to 70, and getting Raid Ready. While also leveling my Druid to 60.

If I can reduce the time leveling the druid to 60, then I could have two characters raid ready faster.

It’s about efficient use of one’s time, rather than not having it at all.

Isn’t that your problem for thinking that the end game content is the only content? Quests are merely the stop gaps from you slaying Illidan so the faster you can get past them to that finish line you’ll be satisified? Maybe it’s time to wakeup and realize you’re a casual with ambitions outstretching your means. That isn’t a bad thing but, don’t taint the game because of your inabilities.

3 Likes

I played the questing experience 16 years ago on several characters, and once already in Classic, and am working on it for a second time currently.

I know what I enjoy in the game, and leveling ain’t it these days. I do however enjoy end game dungeons, raiding, and PvP.

So if you do not mind, I’ll enjoy the parts of the game I enjoy, and how I choose to enjoy them ; )

Why play Classic TBC at all? Just buy a boost in retail and pretend you’re a level 70 doing content in Outlands. Just bypass it all. Pay2Win your way to 1shotting raid bosses because getting 24 others is too difficult too.

1 Like

Leveling your character was not optional content.
Raiding, dungeons, battleground, arenas, professions… all those are optional content.
Leveling was a requirement for you to then choose what other content to focus on.
That you can skip it now only means blizzard is applying retail design philosophy in a game that was not designed with that in mind.
Leveling in retail is probably only 5% of the content so it’s not that significant to skip it.
Leveling in classic and TBC is probably more than 20 % of the content, so to skip it is an aberration.
In the end the only design philosophy activision blizzard follow right now is $$

1 Like

Dude, don’t be so hyperbolic. Take a step back and try to understand how your comment is silly.

It isn’t silly. You’re asking for a new experience that wasn’t there for a rerelease that is intended to be the Classic Experience. If you dislike that experience because a certain aspect(A massive aspect) than just boost on the Retail Zoomer edition and play to your hearts content with TBC. Be the mega chad champion that gets the winner winner chicken dinner as you 1shot Illidan.

1 Like

Do you say the same thing about all of the “Change This” threads? Or is this specifically about boosting 1 character to 58?

Do not read as snark, but as a legit question

They will have plenty of time to do all that since they won’t be spending 100 hours on leveling. Hello?

1 Like

Just boosting. I’m more than happy to have changes in the game that was frankly broken in a number of ways. Cash shop is just a bs way for Blizzard to bypass making their leveling experience good and to cash in on impulsive people. They should be hyperfocused on making their game good but, that has been iffy for quite sometime now.

The Paladin change? Amazing. Are there other changes I’d like to see? Definitely. I would like to see a Heroic/Mythic level content for people if there is ever a situation Heroics are too easy for dungeons and regular raids are too easy as well. People aren’t as bad as they use to be and nor is the hardware. Something left after a phase has gone through.

1 Like