A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

IF (again IF) we were…Deviate Delight (RP-PvP) could some more population. It’s sitting at Low Pop.

The low pop is the only reason I did not create a character over there to give it a shot already, it is even fairly balanced.

Believe it or not I have put a lot of thought into it and have already done investigation, lol.

I still stand behind fresh servers because I believe the initiative is worth it. I doubt they would do an RP-PvP-Fresh designation for the same reason that they were originally hesitant to create RP servers in the first place…

If they did however, I’d bite in a heart-beat.
If they are so bull-headed as to entirely ignore the rather massive request for “fresh” servers and release “new” servers instead - one being an RP-PVP server I may still bite. I’ve never RP’ed in WoW as you know. Partly because when I RPed in other games I had that expectation that you’re always IC.

I am genuinely a little curious as to why I never see this topic on the “TOP” thread listing on the forum…

By its own definition the TOP threads are: “the most active topics in the last year, month, week or day.”

I have a bit of a hard time believing this is not one of the more active topics with some 32+ thousand views, over 2500 replies, and I dunno how many likes - I tend to not keep track of that stuff - but I just happened to notice this one never seems to be there O.o

It feels almost as though Blizzard has this post flagged somehow, lol.

I have not done the deep-dive research or anything but at first glance I would argue this is one of the most active topics on this forum. lol

IDK either. If anything, it should be pinned, by now. Even if I do disagree with the message, but IK NEW Servers are coming so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

a new server where they dont allow transfers nor the 58 boost for a few months, would work too, as long as everyone starts at level 1.

6 Likes

I can see them holding off on Server Transfers but seeing as how a blue stated this:

I can see them keeping the Level 58 Boost in and have people jump straight into Outlands and enjoy that content, almost immediately.

The only way I’d play tbc is if they removed/ disabled boosting on a server

You keep talking like this is actually going to happen.

It’s funny and very cringe.

Let me ask you this, then…would you play the BC that Blizz is releasing, IF (BIG “if”, here) they removed the Level 58 Boost?

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 Likes

I wanted to reply to this as soon as I saw it posted. However, I waited for a reason.

I speak for myself when I say: Yes. However, I may be a bad example because admittedly I plan to play with or without the boost - I just highly prefer to play somewhere without it.

Here is the reason I waited.
I have some friends I can confidently speak for when I say: Yes.
I asked them via discord if I could speak for them on this matter. Most replied yes. Some have yet to respond. I waited until most of them had given a response in order to reply.

3 Likes

Fresh when???

2 Likes

Yes, if they do not release any new servers (with or without cash shop conveniences on them) for TBC Classic in the Oceanic Region, my wife and I will most likely stay on our current server for TBC Classic. Not that we have a lot of choice seeing as there are only four Oceanic servers and only one PvE server. :slight_smile:

Of course, I will be starting over as a Draenei Mage and by the time I have leveled up again to enter Outland the state of the server may be quite bad as we have a number of people who openly engage in RMT activities on the server. We are still hoping to see The Burning Crusade, me for nostalgic reasons and my wife because she joined WoW during Wrath, but time will tell if we are able to. It all depends a great deal on any more surprises Blizzard has in store for TBC Classic as well as how bad the state of our server is by the time we both head into Outland.

Here’s hoping!! :smiley: :crossed_fingers:

Thanks.

2 Likes

Same here, my friend. Same here.

2 Likes

Very much hoping… A fresh server with active GMs like I experienced once would make bots, RMTs and economy-battering GDKPs a near non-issue. Does anyone remember how GMs would personally respond? “Hello so and so! I am the great Zephrys from the beyond! How may I help you today?” OR “Hello so and so! It has come to our attention that you have intentionally misused in-game mechanics. In your email you will find a response to our findings. Our terms are “such and such.” Have a nice day.” Disconnect. Findings in email. “Blizzard” no longer employs active GMs, which is abundantly clear. Employ some active agents once again, and we WILL have a more accurate experience in “Classic” TBC. I recall the ban wave when people were mind controlling adds on Void Reaver Pinata, where Blizzard made a clear distinction between clever use or abuse of mechanics. You’d get warnings and God forbid the GM email. We need this. Bots can be beaten. We need on-site GMs like we once had. The GMs were players, too. On the PTR during, for instance, Hyjal testing where waves became intense, GMs carrying artifact Warglaives of Azzinoth would teleport to you and make quick work of intensive waves so bosses could be tested. We need GMs. We need rules enforced. I can’t ascertain how “Blizzard” tackled misuse of mechanics during TBC, and yet a multitude of guilds over several servers summon players OFF THE MAP or close to it in the current game. Any blue response?

4 Likes

Wishful thinking but not gonna happen, and I don’t need a magic 8-ball to tell you that. It would make no sense what so ever. People can count their blessings, blizzard gave us all classic ones in the first place. Been playing since vanilla and I don’t want a fresh new server it would make no sense. They can still do TBC and not add more servers on top of the ones that are barely full already.

Why would you want fresh servers lol bro it’s gonna be so tight being outgeared from day 1 and unable to compete for / afford resources :smiley: i can’t wait man!

6 Likes

I wish I could love this more than once.

2 Likes

Not sorting through that wall of replies to find your reply to me.
No, that is not an insult, it’s a fact.
:wink:

Probably not but you know what? It’s ok to try.

It makes no sense to YOU. You are basically saying it’s wrong to want fresh servers.

Gee, and you wouldn’t be required to play on one.
Noting wrong for saying that you don’t think it’ll happen. Please refrain from implying that anyone wanting this feature is wrong to. People were told this about wanting Classic and gee, now we have Classic.

3 Likes