Why do new races start at 1 instead of 58?

I can see this happening. If I could boost a Draenei or Blood Elf, I would 100% choose one of those. So I can see why the choice, it means new players who want to choose one of the new races have a larger population of players also leveling with them.

I am all for boosts. I agree- they should let the new races be boosted. I am extremely keen to boost another class though. After leveling a warrior to 60, I am still so burnt out- even when i got him to 60 a few weeks after release.

It is not “senseless” to me. I think…

The boost isn’t a feature for existing Classic players. Allowing the new races to be boosted would cause a lot of existing Classic players use it. That isn’t its purpose, so Blizzard doesn’t allow that.

Blizzard has offered the boost with every new expansion since 2014. They allow existing players to use it, but it isn’t for them. Instead, each boost adds tens of thousands of NEW players to the game. That is its purpose.

Leave it to blizzard to find a way to create a system where no one is happy with the end result, they are shockingly good at it.

1 Like

I’m happy with the TBC plans as they are.

That’s not consistent with their reasoning for the boost, though. The boost is for new players that wanted to play in TBC but didn’t play in Classic.

Wouldn’t Blood Elves and Draenei be a big draw for new players?

But wait… Blizzard said this:

So you’re not boosting past TBC content. It starts at level 58!

New players will come in to play as belfs and draeneis, and its gonna keep their sub longer if they have to level from 1.

I am told that tbc for Belvs and Dranei starts at lv 1 according to the anti boost crowd, so I guess to prevent them skipping outlands content they must lv 1-58. Is that logic sound enough?

I do love how the argument is quite simple for what is and isnt TBC content.

what did you get access to without buying TBC expansion? that is not TBC content. What did you get access to only when you bought TBC? That is TBC content. All those new quests and xp changes etc? Got without buying TBC. New races and outlands? Didnt get without buying the expansion and typing in that CD-Key.

Not sure why this is so hard, you would think all these people didnt play back in the day.

1-58 isn’t tbc but then TBC
1-25 for the new races maybe.

Then its 25-58 in old world.

Remove the boost restriction at launch. Keep it for the pre-patch.

Everyone who wanted to could have played classic. So anyone could have had one of the races from classic leveled. Allowing a boost to let late comers catch up is allowing people with money to catch up, not to pass those who “played the game”

Allowing a boost to the new races, means those with cash can boost and other who want to “play the game” or can’t afford the boost are at a disadvantage to those who can boost. So no boosts for the new race/class for each because no one had a chance to level one the normal way. Allow them to be boosted when Wrath Classic is a thing.

The belf starter zone is the 2nd best in the game (after forsaken). You should play it at least once. Very fun.

2 Likes

why does it seem like no one on this forum actually enjoys playing this game

Because the game does not start at LEVEL 58.

1 Like

All the people who enjoy the game aren’t here. They’re playing :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, we are already getting the opportunity to level Belves and Dranei in the pre-patch. the same could not be said for the original Burning Crusade. so it makes sense in my opinion to limit it.

It’s not senseless. The reason the boost exists is to allow players who didn’t play classic to be ready to go for BC. The new races were not available in classic, therefore are not eligible for the boost. I have no clue if new race/class combos will be boostable, but you could argue though shouldn’t be allowed either

At first it was “Boost is fine i don’t care about Vanilla content”

Now “Please allow me to skip TBC content aswell”

BE/Draenei starting areas are exclusive TBC content. This is why they start level 1.

1 Like

I for one am excited about rerolling to a belf Holy Paladin and going through those gorgeous belf zones again. But I understand why some might not care about this.

Dungeons 1-58 are going to be 5 belf paladin groups lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.