Let's Compromise on the Boost!

In a blue post, Kaivax states that, “Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58.” Then why do we have to pay for a character boost? By that logic, every Classic TBC character should start at level 58 upon creation. How about we stop arguing amongst ourselves over this issue and ask Blizzard to consider an alternative solution. (Because one must not become too complacent.)

Every character made on a Classic TBC server starts at level 58 with the option to start from 1. For free. If Blizzard is really more concerned with people’s ability to catch up with their friends and not solely about making a profit, then they should have no argument against this. This would also create a fair and equal opportunity for players of all incomes while allowing others to fully experience the leveling process if they chose to.

Why is this suddenly a thing?

And if it is, then perhaps the monthly fee should be a percentage of one’s income. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The idea of every/any character starting at level 58 is somewhat interesting. An option might be appropriate.

I think someone raised the idea of only having access to the level 58 boost if you do not already have a level 58 or higher on a Classic account. That also seems to solve the issue of those coming back only for TBC to not have to play through Vanilla content (if that is indeed an issue meant to be resolved by the 58 boosts).

I personally don’t plan on using the character boost, and do not feel that having or not having boosts in the way they are coming, or the way you are suggesting would make much, if any, different to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I added it because it has become relevant to the argument against the boost and I’m trying to appeal to those who feel Blizzard offering it as a paid service is a disparity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about this compromise?
Every character begins at level 1 but can be boosted to 58 by gaining experience points through quests and killing monsters

6 Likes

Because Blizzard is never going to consider it with the community so divided on the issue. And as long as we focus on trying to invalidate each other’s opinions with disparaging remarks, Blizzard will be free to make decisions that only benefit them as a business with no consideration for the player base.

Here’s a very simple compromise: a fresh server option with no transfers or boosts.

How about this one? People can buy the boost if they want, and you can shut up.

3 Likes

Because you would receive a “free” boost if you bought the newest xpac.

This time around there is no xpac to buy as classic is free with a sub to retail, so instead of charging for the xpac they are instead charging for the boost.

Let’s all continue to take a dogmatic stance in our own camps and see how that works out. The only time Blizzard has backtracked in their history is from universal outrage or mass player demand. We have to find middle ground. A fresh start server would be cool, but do you trust Blizzard to implement it effectively? I mean, look how they handled population issues in Classic. You’d probably end up with a single fresh start server for each type, which isn’t even what is being advocated for. From the forum posts I’ve seen they just want one. There is no population cap that we are aware of. And you know these servers will be popular. How many layers do you think they can add I wonder? I just don’t think you’re going to get what you’re asking for and even if you do, I don’t think Blizzard is capable of pulling it off correctly.

I didn’t see Kaivax say that, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. If that’s the case then yeah, all characters should start at 58 if that is truly where the game begins.

First time posting a link to a blue post. Hope this works.

There doesn’t need to be a “compromise”. I’m fine with what we know we will be getting.

Blizzard is not going to change their plan now. There are no guarantees in life but on this one I’m pretty confident.

I’m with you, I just felt like it wouldn’t hurt to offer an alternative solution. Seeing as this has most definitely been the most divisive topic I’ve seen on Classic forums since they originally announced Classic.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.