Blue post confirmed intentions for boosting

Obviously.

Similarly, you don’t get to decide that they do. We’re here arguing our cases so Blizzard will hopefully choose not to go forward with the boosts.

That doesn’t solve the issues with it. If anything, it adds its own problem.

I’m just tired of reiterating, at length, the same points I’ve made numerous times throughout all these dozens of threads.

Check my post history if you’re genuinely interested in the arguments. I don’t imagine you’re actually interested in seeing the other side’s point of view, though.

Incorrect.

No, but Blizzard does, and they’ve decided, and now you’re saying people can’t boost.
You’re just objectively wrong, but it’s how you “feel”. We get it, but get over it.

Because I’m sure you’ve been debunked over and over again and you have nothing really solid to go on except “that’s how I feel”.

We don’t care how you feel.

I’ve already seen it. I’m sure your arguments are as baseless as everyone else’s.

When you’re ready to check your ego and realize this is a game people have already played and using a boost is nothing more than the skip code (that you have to PAY to unlock, in this case) like in older games, you’ll understand the “spirit” of the game is not harmed in any way by people getting a SINGLE boosted character.

None whatsoever.

I never said people can’t boost. I said they shouldn’t be able to.

Nope. Check my post history.

So you haven’t seen it. I was right. Just another bad faith actor. See ya.

I never gonna waste money on boost, since leveling was fun back in the days not like today, I actually enjoy Classic leveling FAR more than Shadowland leveling.

I hate level boosts, but at least you can only boost one character which mean Bots won’t be able to abuse it too much like they do on retail.

Where’s the blue post I was looking for it I in see it thou?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/character-boosts-are-not-in-keeping-with-classic-we-dont-want-to-break-any-hearts/883607/10

1 Like

They’ll just make a new account to receive another boost. Their accounts get banned anyway, so the 1 per limit doesn’t really matter to them.

Thank you Thank you very much for helping me find that

I’ve seen the arguments. I didn’t say “I’ve seen YOURS”. Learn context please.

People like yourself have been spitting out the same boring arguments over the last few days ad nauseam.

And Blizzard says otherwise, and it doesn’t harm the game to skip Classic content to go to TBC content.

Please give me ONE example of how boosting any character (within the limits they have said they are setting, don’t try to pull BELF Paladin out) would harm TBC.

Just one that can’t be debunked.

And before you try to pull “bots” out, I’ll just debunk this one for you:

Bots aren’t as widespread as people try to make you believe, Blizzard keeps a good lock on them, and they don’t “ruin” the economy either, other players have been doing that because they know what people want, farm the heck out of it and charge ridiculous prices for it all, because other people are lazy and will pay for it rather than farming it themselves.

Bots are NOT a major issue and having one boost to BEFORE TBC content and having to level through it doesn’t do them much good and it only gives Blizzard money to fight more bots and improve the game overall.

Can’t wait for my boost with my friend.

so let me get this straight, it’s ok for players to boost other players by cheesing mechanics and abusing safe spots in dungeons.
It’s not ok for the company that makes the game to sell character boosts for cash??

Boosts have been happening through the whole of classic it is the smartest move by blizzard, instead of people buying gold to pay for boosts ingame, blizzard will just sell you one and pocket the cash the gold sellers would have made.

3 Likes

you think bots only have one account? poor child, join our side. read through the threads, theres many other reasons for #NoBoosts

the argument seems to be “no both are bad and both should be forbidden”

though the anti-boosters, as far as I’ve seen, have yet to even try and acknowledge that the level boost is a method of combatting the gold sellers

I know that, what I meant is at least they won’t be able to boost multiple characters on the same server and then rotate them as they get dungeon locked, they will have to waste time and money leveling up.

correct. fix the “safe spots” if they are considered a bug or not intended. fix the experience gains if they are considered a bug or not intended. theres a ton of ways to deal with that problem without saying “screw it, lets just sell them the boost for real money.”

1 Like

Nah. I’m just gonna pay blizz for the service they’re offering. Take my money blizz!

1 Like

Blizzard has had over a year to prevent boosting by fixing the safe spots, I think it is safe to assume they are not interested in doing it.

not much, if at all. sorry.

so that makes it justified to sell instant boosts…yeah…see, thats the problem.

1 Like

I have no problem with boosts, I will never personally use one.

I just dont see how it affects anyones gameplay.