New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

• You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.

This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.

151 Likes

This part should be bold because people are going to miss this and get REALLY angry about it.

This seems really heavy handed to tell everyone you can only do 30 instances a day across ALL your characters.

Non Botters doing DM Mat farming are going to be hurt. Should increase the cost of some mats quite a bit… at the same time Boost runs going to cost MORE to do since you have to understand your caps.

133 Likes

I wonder how many people are going to freak because of dm farming

14 Likes

Wow, this is a significant change. I think it may help.

17 Likes

What is the plan to stop botting in battlegrounds?

38 Likes

Hopefully this change doesn’t have unintentional consequences by punishing players who are playing the game as intended, but it looks like a step in the right direction.

13 Likes

You should read the entire post before posting

8 Likes

So basically you’re restricting our game time by saying…you played too much… Time to take a time out.

109 Likes

Ahh. Thanks for pointing that out. I swear he just edited it :wink:

1 Like

I wonder if this will affect Druids since they farm MCP?

56 Likes

The 5 instance limit was already account based and limited DM farming heavily. The 30 instance limit per day is still pretty reasonable.

Hmm, if you’re doing instances as intended, most of them take an hour or so, so 30 is high enough that normal gameplay wont hit the limit.

17 Likes

ban bots, fix the real problem. this is a band aid

207 Likes

Hey Blizzard

Nice to see how you forgot about us Feral Druids yet again.

71 Likes

I doubt people who do normal dungeon runs even hit 15 instances a day. Probably not even 10.

18 Likes

It will, but I’d say that falls under unintended gameplay, so who cares? Nobody reasonably expects a level 30 item to be BIS for end game.

Druids can spread their MCP farming out a bit and be fine anyway. You dont use THAT many.

6 Likes

They are limiting gold farming in a way that is quite heavy handed and broad. Instead of being surgical about it and going after the issues it was easier to put something in that effects everyone.

I dont like it personally. If people want to boost or people want to farm LEGITIMATELY i have no issue with how players interact with the game… the issue is and always will be people exploiting the systems. Mostly thought botting.

26 Likes

30 isn’t that crazy at all… This is actually a really bad change for anybody farming HoJ or Jed trinket… Especially Jed. Think about it. You run in to UBRS to check for Jed, you don’t get Jed, you reset. That was one instance in 5 seconds. If you run several Jed runs then you’re kinda screwed because it’ll probably be like 3-5 instances per hour.

I know that it’s still like 6 hours, but 6 hours of farming isn’t an unusual thing to do on a Saturday when you’re off, especially if you can’t do it throughout the rest of the week because of your job.

I personally spend 8-10 hours farming on Saturday just to make gold for raiding resources.

109 Likes

I solo farm tribute runs on my hunter. Doing 30 in a day would be brutal. I don’t think I’ve ever done more than 15 in a day.

30 instances is 6 hours. 6 hours of farming a day is a lot, but I suppose some people will probably hit that cap legitimately.

12 Likes

Looks like I need to be careful running an alt through dungeons; could accidentally lock myself out of raid. lol

46 Likes

I think it’s possible you could even lower that to 20 a day.

10 Likes