Less Game Play Less Sub Fee?

in my mind…after I paid the 30 day subscription. I’m kinda locked into a product I paid for. If the product changes, then it wasnt really what I paid for. If I renew the sub after the change then that was on me…

2 Likes

People seem to forget that we are playing in Blizzard’s game, on Blizzard’s servers, with Blizzard’s rules…

People seem to forget the only reason Blizzard came out with Classic servers is because they knew the masses wanted it, they knew they were losing the battle with private servers.

Changes like the one that just happened will only push people back to private servers.

Blizzard needs to actually listen to it’s player base before they alienate them further.

First, it’s 15 bucks, calm down karen. And go read the TOS, EULA, whatever. Their product, they can do whatever they want with it when they want.

3 Likes

Let them learn the hard way then, I say.

Either flood the forum with our displeasure or unsubscribe.

Perhaps you should reread the end user agreement you agreed to when you began playing.

1 Like

People are doing that, and Blizzard isn’t listening.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-instance-limit-in-wow-classic

Let it play out…it’s been a few days.

You can’t expect instant turnover on reversing a decision like this.

A wild mage appears

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgSO8_cRio

Not really, they were shutting them down pretty regularly. However, shutting them down cost money and they were finally convinced that they could make back the money they would spend on Classic servers. Like any business decision it came down to a CBA of the alternatives. Plus I’m sure at least some of the Blizzard folks liked the idea of Classic servers.

1 Like

This weekend will be the real test to see what % of the Pop can actually hit the 30 lockouts in legitimate ways. Im talking about the Friday night grinding and get up Saturday afternoon and hit lockout before raid type of stuff

1 Like

“Legitimate” being bypassing 99% of instance content to chain run a single high value boss, selling and receiving boosts for gold, and fishing for rares by abusing the instance reset mechanic?

5 Likes

I admittedly have not read it—but I’m sure that most MMORPG’s ToS have some baked in language/clause addressing updates/changes and how they can alter your in-game experience?

Not really, they were shutting them down pretty regularly. However, shutting them down cost money and they were finally convinced that they could make back the money they would spend on Classic servers. Like any business decision it came down to a CBA of the alternatives. Plus I’m sure at least some of the Blizzard folks liked the idea of Classic servers.

The President of Blizzard, himself, spoke out against Classic.

J Allen Brack (first 15 seconds) talking about his distain for Classic Servers.

“at least some”

…being the operative words there.

And that distain lasted until someone showed him a CBA breakdown that demonstrated how they’d profit from Classic Servers versus just chasing down and closing private servers for IP theft.

And that distain lasted until someone showed him a CBA breakdown that demonstrated how they’d profit from Classic Servers versus just chasing down and closing private servers for IP theft.

Yep, agreed, which is why this change is not that great. It’s only implementational purpose is to create more subscription revenue from the bot accounts.

But, you can also go back and watch the last 2 Blizzcon’s where J Allen Brack still had distain and disgust on his face anytime he mentioned Classic. He does not want it, at all, ever.

You think fishing for Jed or only trying to kill a specific boss in a dungeon is abusing the game mechanics?

You think theres a line drawn between when a lvl 60 helps out a friend in the open world on some “hogger” type quest and when that lvl 60 zones into a dungeon with that same friend to help them?

You think that Druids who have found a way to creatively be steadfast tanks with less worries about threat are breaking game mechanics by trying to accumulate a specific game item which helps their class?

What makes that item any different than accumulating demonic runes in the open world or any other rare class specific item.

A majority of the outcry is pouring in from people complaining about mages boosting making 200+g per hour when they forget that mages can still AOE in open world environments and make plenty of gold outside of dungeons. The boosting game brought in more gold sure, but it also brought in ways that you could personally help your guildmates, friends, or make new friends with strangers who were leveling along the way. I still to this day play with some of the toons I leveled through SM and MARA.

This fix, while it really only affects the “hardcore” players. I’d say the population of Classic is way more Hardcore players than we think. Its a 15 year old MMORPG that rewarded endless hours played with tiny gear upgrades through PvP. How many casual players are there really? 50%? 75%? 85%? Id say no more than that imo.

Maybe I’m just on a server where I see the same 500-700 people playing ALL day long or maybe Covid is keeping these folks online. But they are there. We are here playing the game we love

Well, I don’t agree. I personally believe it helps with bot control, and was probably also to moderate a behavoir that seems much worse in Classic than I remember it being in Vanilla.

But, they have the metrics and it will be inetersting to see how it plays out in the long run.

The change doesn’t really help bot control though, it only further exacerbates the problem. Bot accounts are making money hand-over-fist and will just purchase another account, boost themselves, and use the new account to do more boosting in the long run… further allowing them to keep their income flow top notch.

Blizzard benefits.
Botters say the same or are slightly worse off.
The average player suffers the most.