New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

welp, #JMNQYJHWZ UYHHMEZ MJ ZOTNTXW LYENQ YHYTJ CMC

Limiting unguilded Level 60 mages farming Stratholme to 30x per 24-hours seems like a ham-fisted bandaid, but okay … let’s see how this shakes out.

6 Likes

Often times, botting is done via stolen accounts. They do ban them but they are rapidly replaced by more stolen accounts. they are TRYING to address that too by bribing players to actually add authenticators to account on 1.13.5. As it stands now botters don’t care how much they get banned because it’s not even their account they’re using in first place, just some gullible fools account they are using which blizz ends up having to recover for them, spend time cleaning up chars botter made and recoverying stuff removed, THEN giving it back to owner. If lessof this happens, more time can be spent on other things by GMs, likea more proactive approach.

32 Likes

Ya this limit is going to hurt legitimate players.

Well geared hunters can do a DM Tribute run solo in under 20 mins.

Not to mention players who are farming portions of a dungeon instance like ZG for bloodvine and DM jump runs.

Blizzard you should not go through with this change and think of another way because legit players can easily hit that 30 instance cap.

74 Likes

10 Pummelers a day is enough.

10 Likes

or you could just ban the bots, rather than punishing legitimate players with ridiculous limitations that don’t actually remove the bots at all, just slow them down.

Gotta keep collecting their sub money, right guys?

90 Likes

With 30 chances a day to get them? MCPs will still be a thing.

4 Likes

This is a stupid change.

Ban the damned bots.

64 Likes

Wow. this sucksss.

So if youre power leveling your toons now you can only do 6 hours of 5 lockouts/hour through dungeons now, and then you have to do open world questing.

That really sucks. I’m not a nochanges guy but bro yall are changing things for the worse here. Jesus.

38 Likes

Hey Blizzard

Nice to see Blizzard still not caring about feral druids yet again. I hope you realize you essentially made Manual Crowd Pummeler farming a daily task? Remove those useless boots from the drop table.

29 Likes

Can there be a warning system if we’re getting close? I raid Sunday evening, and often do MCP farming through the day on and off, and could easily hit 30 runs throughout the day…

I completely understand this limits what bots can do in a day, and if you’re wondering why I spend so long getting MCPs, you haven’t druid tanked with warlocks in a raid before.

Also, what about people resetting UBRS for a jed ID? Are they now boned?

22 Likes

Instead of identifying and banning the bots, lets just punish everyone! We are so good at detecting bots!

Meanwhile I see 20 bots running the same exact pixel perfect path as 20 other characters and could ban all the bots manually in 10 minutes on my server.

52 Likes

Even by your math, it’d literally take 10 HOURS to hit this limit. That’s assuming not a single bio or food break at all. you mean to tell me this is going to hurt a lot of actual players? Hardly.

About the only types that are actually doing 10+ hours a day of just raw dungeon farming are bots that are left running all day long.

20 Likes

While the first post about bots was underwhelming, the follow up is nice to hear. I think it’s a step in the right direction. As for real players hitting up 30 instances in that period of time, there are options of farming in the world as well. If that doesn’t suit you then take the rest of the day off from the game, wouldn’t be bad for you ya know. Will this go into effect when phase 5 drops or before that?

3 Likes

10 Pummelers a day is enough.

3 Likes

What a joke. You can’t figure out how to fix the real problem with bots and end up punishing other people who are actually playing the game and farming in ways that work for them

65 Likes

Lol 6 hours of running dungeons and I feel pretty burnt. I don’t think I could do 30 a day anyways. That’s just me though.

3 Likes

I dont know how much i find this to be true. The idea that person gets an account stolen from them then they make a mage on the account level it and then bot STILL takes time to do. In that time the player is either not paying for the game or they are targeting certain classes in general. More likely they gold you get from losing an account is bigger than the idea that they stole your account to Bot a 60 mage.

6 Likes

This is not a good change. At all. Do your damn jobs and ban the bots instead of hurting the players.

68 Likes

This will hurt Jed hunting the most, as that can be 5 instances in 20 minutes.

31 Likes

Also, all this is going to do is increase the prices boosting bots charge. They’ll still be there, they’ll just charge more to compensate or spin up more accounts. The known zg booster bots on whitemane are already clearly running 5+ accounts each.

Blizzard fails again to make any meaningful changes. Does anyone on the classic dev team even play this game?

23 Likes