Boosting and Multiboxing

Is it not? The conversation delved into calling people names. I merely brought up my experience in being name called, myself. Pointing out it’s a common tactic, around here regardless in where anyone stands.

I don’t believe in Name-Calling, period. Nor being irrational/uncivil. I like productive dialogue. Not a “who can insult the best”. Again, I’m not asking you to follow my flow of conversations. Just stating both sides have their fair share of unruly individuals. They don’t really reflect a position.

Not really. It was only one post and it wasn’t name calling. You mean well but you have derailed the conversation. It’s OK I was ready to retire anyway.

Thanks for the talk Rotsta.

Oh, well. Good night.

I was relating to the post, in question. I didn’t bring it up.

Players need to play the game the way I say, or it’s wrong and needs to stop. If anyone would like to know how to correctly play the game please feel free to message me for instructions and permission.

Yeah, we understand each other and have only a small area of possible disagreement. While boosting might have an effect on there being less dps for level appropriate groups it can’t be the only explanation. I’ve noticed it and on Bloodsail there is almost no paid boost runs.

1 Like

This thingy right here?

I suppose it’s all about how you interpret what they have written.

I read it more on the lines of this is what they are doing as a way to combat botting and nothing to do with the boosting or multi-boxing community.

I don’t think they went into any more detail than what was OP.

Even reading through a good number of the comments, i’m not the only one that felt this was for combating the bots. There was also a lot of, “Thanks for kicking the legit players while down” comments as well.

1 Like

Maybe you are concern trolling.

What? The thing you asked for a citation for was the availability of DPS outstripping healers and tanks. As Rotsa said anyone who things differently clearly did not play vanilla. Or are trolling as you clearly are.

I assume you mean didn’t know to join it in vanilla, which is understandable as there was no such official channel in vanilla. Tell us more about your vast vanilla knowledge.

Perhaps you believe that but it seems to me that many are focusing solely on “automated gameplay” as a strategy they think they can use to “win” and are unwilling to consider or discuss what Blizzard might have meant by “exploitative” because doing so might cause them to “lose.”

How or why would anyone bother when this seems to be the play of the day?

Person A: You are a cheater!
Person B: How am I a cheater?
Person A: You just are and you are ruing the spirit of the game

It becomes even more disheartening when people are pointing stuff out on how they are seeing things and are met with the wonderful, “Stop with thy foul mental gymnastics! you know what you are doing is wrong and just won’t admit it”

Some people here will never back down and always firmly believe this 30/24 change was to also slow down boosting, regardless of how blizzard words it. They can think that if they want, I guess.
Slowing down boosting is just a by-product of the change, not a reason for it. Boosting just got caught in the cross-fire and had to take a hit from the change. That’s all.

That’s a gross distortion of what happens here. While people may say this it’s usually at the end of a long discussion where people have laid out clear arguments to support their views without the other being willing to engage those views. If you think that’s all that happens you’re either not paying attention or you think distorting the discussion with a false narrative is a “winning” strategy for you. Or perhaps you’re just trolling to get a response

1 Like

I think it’s a reasonable and plausible hypothesis when faced with the limited information blizzard gave us.

Nah, they got you pegged.

Want me to find citations? You’ve left plenty.

I don’t care at all what you do. You pointed out my post where I said the forums are just a game and like classic I play it for fun. It’s not fun to be bored and you bore me.

I’m not here for your entertainment.

Don’t want to be called out for lying? Stop doing it.

Developers’ notes: The newer limit of 30 instances in a 24-hour period is an extension of the 5 instances per hour limit, which was tracked per-realm since it was first implemented in 2005. The intention behind both of these restrictions is to reduce the profits for new bots when they first come online and haven’t been removed yet.

Never once has blizzard ever mentioned anything about boosting in the initial 30/24 change post or the recent “per character” change. They mention about profits of botting. Blizzard hasn’t even said the words boosting.
As I said:

People can think that this change was, to at least a degree, combat boosting. That’s just biased opinions because they don’t like boosting.

No, all of your posts are very passive aggressive. Relax.

That’s not what I said.

Do you not see how comments like this inhibits you from having a civil discussion?

We ended up having a nice discussion and ended it by understanding each other better. Read the thread while restraining yourself from jumping down other poster’s throats.

On the contrary, I find people who know how to use or buy boosts to level in the fastest speed are the most competent players who are already familiar with all class mechanics and take very little practice at 60 getting skilled.

The people who never interrupt? Probably don’t even know what a boost is. Can’t afford to pay for boosts even after knowing what a boost is.

My lvl 12 rogue died 3 times in Westfall earlier. I am very annoyed and am now just going to use my mage to boost it all the way.

The leveling process after the first, possibly second character is just horrible. I perfectly understand why nobody wants to do it.

I do love dungeon groups at the appropriate level, but if I can’t find one, so be it.

talking about gear boosting/io boosting in retail

The player base in general is very toxic and WOW is a breeding ground right now for racism and racist views. It is quite disgusting and Blizzards response is to ban the victims of racism.