I just locked myself out running stocks for my guild

Sticking to the point of this thread, it doesn’t matter. This change changes something for legit players. Is this an acceptable trade off for what it fixes?

What does it fix?

Do we have a choice?

2 Likes

Partly to combat bots :slight_smile:

There are other people speed running dungeons in other ways that weren’t the case in vanilla.

1 Like

I’d be fine with that too lol.

It’s obvious we’ll never agree on this stuff and I’m not trying to troll. Best of luck to you and hope you stick around and kill KT.

These crying posts are comedy gold…just leave already…

3 Likes

If blizz comes out and specifically states they don’t want people boosting then sure, but they havent done that. Literally the post is talking about cheating and automating gameplay.

1 Like

Actually, the wording is:

It’s possible that spamming dungeons to hit lockout is considered exploitative.

Where the term cheating is used is:

Not very long after the 30 instance per 24 hour period lockouts were implemented. Is there a correlation?

6 Likes

I’m not going to argument semantics, it’s not just targeted at bots.

1 Like

Dont boost. Its bad for the game

5 Likes

Bye bye :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When has boosting ever been considered cheating or exploitative? Boosting has been part of the game since the beginning. I boosted characters in BC by running dungeons for them. Bottom line is blizzard has never once said that boosting or running dungeons over and over is cheating or exploitative. They did this for bots its right there in the post. Claiming its for something else is ignoring what has been going on in the game/forums for the last couple months.

3 Likes

Sure. There are several differences. I don’t know what you mean to suggest by pointing that out.

Prior to Dungeon Finder there was a maximum number of Heroic instances you could run in a day (precisely 1 each). After the introduction of Dungeon Finder, heroics became infinitely spammable.

1 Like

Man that sucks. Hopefully they change this so that doesnt happen to more people/raiders

2 Likes

I don’t think I did a good enough job explaining, this is what I mean.

there are (a select few) people who would still play no matter what.

reasonable people have breaking points, Blizz fan bois do not seem to have this same “fault”

The horror! Imagine having to level outside an instance and explore the game world. Which streamer started the boosting meme by the way? I notice it has plagued trade and world chat for months now.

itt: people who evidently are incapable of forming their own instance or leveling groups or presumably have no friends with which to do so, demanding other players be locked out of their preferred style of leveling and forced into theirs.

2 Likes

It’s not Players, it’s Blizzard.

2 Likes

i consistently have no idea what you’re trying to say every time you post.

1 Like

IDK what’s complicated to understand that it’s Blizz and not Players being the arbiter of how we play their game.

1 Like

… how is that relevant to my comment in reference to the posts in this thread?

You said it’s Players dictating how others play. It’s not, it’s Blizzard. Why is that so hard?

1 Like