šŸ– [Roadhog] Changes I want

• Hook instantly cancels all sideways momentum.
  • Consistent spread pattern on every shotgun blast.
  • Hook pulls targets a bit closer.
  • Shotgun ignores some or all of the damage mitigation from Armor.
  • Secondary fire changed back to itā€™s former high damage, slower fire rate. (Reduce ammo by 1 if needed)
  • Fix the bugsā€¦

As a guy with over 280 hours on Roadhog, averaging 56% hook accuracy, I barely ever play him anymore. Heā€™s just too inconsistent. Here are the types of changes I would like to see to make him better.

Especially now that they are putting falloff on his Secondary Fire. For a weapon that only has a target at the perfect range for a split second. It doesnā€™t make any sense for it to not be high burst. Damage over time for a very range range specific weapon means the opponent has moved out of range by the time you fire the second shot.

26 Likes

The incosistent hook breaking is what made me stop trying to learn hog

6 Likes

Agreed, but Iā€™d like to see a little less range on hook, since sometimes I feel cheaped out whenever I get hooked from 20+ meters away.

2 Likes

I agree with most of them.

Absolutely needs bug fixes (poor guy is riddled with themā€¦), would totally be fine with horizontal momentum being cancelled, and consistent spread pattern on shotgun blasts.

Iā€™m really weary of the shotgun ignoring armor. I know we need something to mitigate the armor in this game. Iā€™m not sure having a hero who bypasses that would be optimal. And Iā€™m not sure what the implications of hooked targets being pulled closer would be, but I would love to try this out. :smiley:

3 Likes

Shotgun damage without armor: 140
Shotgun damage with armor: 70

Itā€™s that bad

3 Likes

Ah. I didnā€™t know the numbers. Thatā€™s quite bad.

An idea popped in my head, and Iā€™ve appreciate your (as well as anyone elseā€™s) opinion on it.

If armor is that big of a problem, what would the implications of pulling back armorā€™s damage reduction from 50% be? Instead of reducing it that much, maybe theyā€™d reduce it a bit less?

1 Like

Depends how you do the math.
Right now itā€™s 6 damage per pellet, reduced in half, times 25 pellets.

1 Like

My hooks have a habit of going in the wrong direction, or just flat going through the target.

1 Like

As a 90 hour Hog main I can agree that hook needs to be fixedā€¦the amount of hooks I get screwed out of cause this game doesnā€™t work correctly is absurd. A small damage buff would also be good, along with consistent spread

5 Likes

The limit is 20 m but it does break that limit a lot, that would be a bug fix.

2 Likes

LETS GET HOG FIXED!!! Pls blizz.

3 Likes

The old 3.0 hook (post crosshair spin bug removal), the player was capable of shifting mid hook, to catch targets who think they can just sidestep out of range of the hook. This was a common escape tactic.

At some point, the ā€œwhipā€ effect of the hook was replaced, with a single straight line hook. This in effect requires Roadhog players to be PSYCHIC, and incapable of adjusting hook mid-flight to catch player movement changes.

Lately I have better results just using my shotgun, than hooking people.

1 Like

If the random spread pattern doesnā€™t screw you over that is.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the point of the armor to reduce damage, many other heroes also suffer damage reduction from armor, why will give roadhog armor piercing shot but not reaper tracer Winston?

1 Like

Would almost be better off meleeing a hooked target with armorā€¦

The hook is currently an ability that cannot be trusted. This coming from a player who had to deal with Tracer/Genji for 5 seasons as Roadhog.

1 Like

They absolutely should give it to Reaper.

2 Likes

Actually its more like 3 or 7 damage per pellet depending on whether or not the pellet headshot which some definitly will unless it was just a body shot and only a body shot with all pellets still a little too hard on shotgun heroes but Iā€™m a fan of putting all the variables I know into the equation

how about tracer and Winston and other heroes? do you have any good reason to give hog and reaper but not tracer and Winston?

Iā€™ve been posing this stuff about hog also and i agree with what you said. He needs some serious help.