Hog nerf still went through (EDIT)

This is how us Sombra mains felt

16 Likes

Jesus do you take everything so literal.

50 Likes

Why are you even sniping people as roadhog? His intended effective range is unchanged. You can still oneshot people with a right click.

3 Likes

jesus christ do you even know what he’s saying? do you know what im saying?clearly not so how about you make a real response instead of being a duck (QUACK)!

(wait do you think i think youre a literal duck now? probably knowing you)

I mean, you take things pretty literal based on the above…

12 Likes

So rather than being super negative, how about we start getting constructive?

🐖 [Roadhog] Changes I want
🐖 Hog fix, without buffing shotgun

10 Likes

I think what they mean is that hog is good at busting shields with his scrap gun and it’s large shot does well against Orisa/rein and is pretty effect against brigs that are turtle. With his range getting nerfed for whatever reason it’s kind of pointless to try and use hog against a shield comp(that he should do well against) so that basically puts more hurt on the small tank roster already.

4 Likes

what, Hog was a shieldbreaker…

10 Likes

Technically it’s a fix. If it wasn’t really calculating fall off damage correctly then it’s not a nerf.

That said, it’s pretty bad and I feel his alt fire damage should be buffed some.

2 Likes

So you can’t smash through a shield a mile away anymore. He’s still just as powerful if you move up a few meters to where his damage was intended to be effective to begin with.

1 Like

Because they lied about the circumstances of it. It was not a bug, and they retroactively pretended it was a bug AFTER we just had a fall-off normalization patch. Beyond that, virtually nobody wanted it. Like, it is not just that guy’s personal vendetta, taking a low tier character and knocking them to bottom without any explanation is definitely something that might influence their trust.

22 Likes

if you didnt mention trust i wouldnt have mentioned it people complain all the time even when 100% wrong
“devs dont care bc we dont get response” ppl mean that literally in many cases.

youre upset over a nerf that doesnt mean much thats it and youre salty at my response youre being literal thinking Im only speaking in literal terms. do you even know what I said? clearly not
try reading it again if you can

I’m not talking about a mile away but out of brigs damage range that is very common now in all comps. Hog needs some quality of life changes and this is not helping. With out his hook he still had his scrap gun to chip away at defenses.

EDIT: you have 0 hours on hog so I’m not sure Why you feel entitled to tell people how his kit should be.

6 Likes

Yeah, we need to get away from some of the trollin’ that’s rollin’ through.

That’s really depressing.

2 Likes

The projectile travels 9 meters, and then the shotgun has its usual spread afterwards. This is well beyond Brig’s damage range without being so far away from her that you don’t even have to think about playing around her.

In reality this bug is going to do very little to change Hog’s effectiveness, since his main staple is being paired with Orisa to hook people around shields, not tear through them, which she’s already good at on her own.

So if this bug is going to have very little effect why change it then?

Seems like a waste of resources for something that is so small.

You know could have spent more time working on bugs in sombra/doomfist/Orisa kit you know kind of make abilities used useless because of something breaking LOS or something small getting in the way of them.

1 Like

I’m not sure what part of all of this indicates they lied about it. Discovering unintended behavior and changing it is a bug fix. Doesn’t matter when or how they found out about it.

Yep, and its sad…

2 Likes

Roadhog created space by being able to threaten the front line, getting rein to back off and dealing with Orisa’s high shield up time, now he’s an inconsistent dps, with a hook that does whatever it wants and no real purpose in the game seeing as most tanks can do his job better than he can, especially now.

Being able to melt shields was a vital part of his kit and you clearly don’t understand his playstyle.

11 Likes