What kind of buffs does whole hog need?

I feel like that would be a nerf… :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

It doesn’t need any. I like to think of his ult as another rarer ability honestly. It’s not the type of ult that can almost always drastically change a fight in any situation.

Also, If it lasts too long, he risks not being able to heal himself, and if it doesn’t last long, it just doesn’t output enough of anything to be useful.

I think his dueling potential is so insane with his normal abilities, which is why he doesn’t “protect” like other tanks. But that being said, he’s still a tank, and if a bunch of microscopic, Ana’s, Mercy’s, Zen’s, etc. are around him, then why shoot him? He’s got no shields to protect anyone, so his ult sort of makes up for it in those situations where he’s got a bunch of enemies charging at his vulnerable team, he pops that ult and tosses them outta sight.

1 Like

Whole hog is fine.

Only thing it could use is the option to cancel it, like McCree.

Roadhog’s basic gear could use some work.

6 Likes

Ability to cancel and some damage resistance

I think making it a ‘transformation’ effect that allows you to control shooting/not shooting by holding down left click would help a great deal.

It also means you don’t immediately lose the ult to every bit of CC. And you could vape during it if you please.

4 Likes

2 second increse would make it worse imo

Yes! It needs a kill switch.

No, he needs the ability to cancel it. And damage reduction during

By the way, which one of these fixes for Roadhog would you say is preferable?

🐖 [Roadhog] Changes I want
🐖 Hog fix, without buffing shotgun

A passive deducting ult charge is definitely something that should be added. I also agree with hook canceling momentum.

Another thing that I’d needed, for all shotgun heroes, is the elimination of RNG spread.

i think giving hog a small bit of damage reduction would be interesting (say 20% or so)

the tank class has several ults that are top 10 in strength but whole hog is both easy to deny with cc and hog himself is very easy to kill when ulting

1 Like

TF2 competitive mode had a fixed spread pattern for it’s shotguns.

Which means it’s completely no RNG.

1 Like

So did quake.

1 Like

Didn’t know that, but cool.

I wish his ult was based around his hook tbh

What if canceling his ult early increased the damage output of some of his currently loaded shots by 30% (allow him to one-shot again as an “ult”). The earlier he cancels it, the more boosted shots he has.

Kind of how McCree can cancel his early for an instant reload, Hog gets a temporary damage buff.

I just literally want to cancel it halfway through, that’s all.

Save the other buffs for the rest of his crippled equipment.

Im not saying you are wrong, I just want to know how.

its not a very useful ult outside of having a grav or a ledge nearby. when you use it the enemy is pushed back, after about a second everyone is pushed far enough away that they aren’t in danger of getting killed. Now you have a hog that is very slow and cant take a breather or hook, and you can just kill him easily

By increasing the duration youre just giving him a longer time to use a weak ult that puts him at risk of dying

Its similar to barrage or deadeye where you’re a sitting duck and very vulnerable, only with a lot less impact

I’d start with that janky recoil he has throughout. I get that he’s pulling a crank to shoot out scrap metal, but it’s kinda hard to do anything with it when the controls are fighting you.

Also, maybe he doesn’t get a movement speed reduction.