Buff Mercy Please!

Well Mercy was basically overpowered for a year, up until the the last nerf.
And the last nerf was a bit too much.

But the end goal of buffing Mercy shouldn’t be “make her overpowered again”.

I dont play her but I feel like her chain healing doesn’t work as advertised. Is it broke?

So we should change her because now she is bad but it is alright for roadhog to be in the gutter for almost a year, how is that fair ? Remember, mercy was still picked and player prior to the healing nerf. Also, would you rather the devs take baby steps nerfing a hero or have them sledge hammer them into f tier. Whilst the former is slow, it is better for the game in my opinion.

Just because Roadhog was mistreated doesn’t mean Mercy needs to be too.

Make both heroes fun and viable.

1 Like

While that is true, we have more pressing matter to address than the whole mercy is not fun/ good to play. Also, it isn’t easy as you make it out to seem.

So slap a bandaid fix on Mercy:

Caduseus Staff

• 55 heals per second, up from 50.

Resurrection

• 1.25 second cast time, down from 1.75 seconds.

And then do something like this for Roadhog:

🐖 [Roadhog] Changes I want
🐖 Hog fix, without buffing shotgun

While I agree a band aid fix might work for hog players, I doubt it will slow down or even stop the mercy complaining. You have to remember that the mercy players are a very vocal group, at least on the ow forums.

A lot of people have to remember that blizzard’s balance philosophy has always and will always be a flavor of the month balance ( it is been like this with a majority of their games), i.e. a couple of heroes are meta for x amount of time. Once mercy was dethroned as top dog people started having a fit over it. Lets be real here, mercy was a must pick for far too long.

I think Hog players are relatively chill, and have been dealing with such a bad pickrate, that any straight improvements would be warmly appreciated.

I was still playing him during the time they nerfed his damage by 33% and before they buffed his tab. Man, that was a masochistic thing to do.

Yeah, I stopped playing Roadhog around then.

I have 322 hours on him
45 % hook accuracy feelsbadman
2.77 eliminations per life
well you can see this my profile is public.

My accuracy trick is my key setup.

Thumb key, primary fire
Right mouse, secondary fire
C, Melee
Left mouse, Hook

I use the default settings.

My biggest grip with road is his rng bullet spread. What I do not understand is how some heroes have massive hitboxes whilst having little to no mobility i.e. McCree, zen, etc, compared to heroes with small hitboxes and huge mobility i.e. mercy, genji, etc. I can kill zen and McCree at least 95 % of the time whilst I can only kill mercy and genji 10 to 30 % of the time with hook combo. This also includes pre firing, moving forward, aiming at the body, and following up after the combo. His rng spread, hook placement, and los checks make playing hog equivalent to playing a slot machine.

Well, the recently redid all the math for shotgun pellets, so it should be more consistent.

But I agree, a fixed shotgun spread pattern would be nice.

It is only more consistent for critical hits and not spread patterns. It is moot if you get unlucky and a majority of your pellets are on the outer edges of your spread. Obviously this is a worse case scenario and I will have to wait to see if the changes actually make a difference.

Also, I wanted to ask you if this is a bug or just I being stupid, sometime when you hook combo, do you not shoot and just melee after hook ? Sometimes it happens and I wonder if the game did not queue my actions or I was just too fast to hit the melee key.

Not sure if it’s a bug, but there’s a way you can prevent it entirely.

Just hold down left click during the hook animation, and it will automatically fire the instant the shotgun is available.

Two whole months? Whoa, that’s a first.

I mean, Mercy is really thrash atm. Picking her as a main healer is basically throwing.

But I predict Dev will leave her like this which saddens me :C

Kinda like ana was prior to the mercy nerfs. Also, does anyone remember when the forums were saying ana was an off healer two or so months ago or how mercy’s rez was the best ability in the game and now it is bad (note rez has not seen changes in months), it is funny how perceptions of an ability or hero can change so easily.

Because Jeff admitted somewhere around October of last year that Mercy was the one giving them the most problems.

I guess that’s still true today.