[RoleQ] Behold my horrible GIF making skills

I would take a 30 minute queue playing brig or zen to having a team of 4 dps anyday.

1 Like

From my perspective, I got the PlanetSide 1 devs to put in about 40 of my ideas into the game. And I’ve seen a lot of highly specific coincidences in this game.

I’ve had coincidences happen too.

Coincidences like “I think Mercy healing should be reduced to 50hps, because of her healing per round, and they should put out a balance pass for healers”.
And then that’s exactly what happens a few weeks later, with the exact same justification given?

You called it a coincidence too. Are you retroactively changing your mind? Or just arguing with yourself? Because I don’t care to. It’s just a coincidence, man.

To be honest, I’ll probably never know if it’s coincidence or devs listening to feedback. Due to NDAs.

But another one,
Roadhog, more accurate spread pattern and fix bugs, also cancel momentum with hook, pull hook in sooner, reduce hook cooldown by 2 sec, don’t change the shotgun damage.

That’s a lot of very specific coincidences…

Yes. That is. You’re right about that.

I like to play overwatch and I just would like it to have better gameplay experience in my casual matches, just it… I hope devs listen to us (sorry if I was discouraging).
I just got that feeling that whatever ideas I get or someone else gets there will always be downsides to it and then people point it out and it just hard to find a good solution. All alternatives will be detrimental, you know?

Yeah, no worries. Role Queue has been my pet idea for about the past 8+ months.

And only recently have I been piecing together some roadblock-bypasses and streamlines for a former concept.

In particular, the pick role + pick queue thing used to be a 2 step process.
And I realized 2Any-2-2 could work, with a 1OffHealer limit to block GOATs, but allow for 3+ healers. Which the capability for the DPS slot to flex onto Tank/Heal was a strong benefit to the flex role.

Do you think that after all the buffs, nerfs and bug fixes Goats will still be a thing in OWL stage 4?

Absolutely. If anything, teams that have had success with it won’t really be looking to try something they haven’t practiced on.

I think the current issue where they left the game on the Stage 2 patch, was a really dumb idea, and OWL viewership has dropped a lot this season.

Jeff said IF they did flat queues it would be 20+ minutes for DPS… not 30… come on…

It will be a parallel priority queue system.

Its only 30 minutes if you choose it to be

pick another class if you dont have the patience

or learn to be patient

your choice really

:star::star::star::star::star:

:keycap_ten::keycap_ten::nine:
:raising_hand_man::raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_man:

Exactly as it needs to be!! (the top one)
The bottom one will just keep 3 tanks a thing sadly.

This is 100% perfect so of course Blizzard wont be doing this lol

True, but if you either limit healers to 2 per team, or 1 offhealer per team.
First option would make 3-3 impossible.
Second option would still allow for 3-3, but it would drastically reduce it’s power.

You did the same thing… But just rounded down. Like, wut?

1 Like

Man, if they added specific role conditions it would be easier. For example tanks get some penalty from Lucio’s speed boost (say it 10 or 15% less movement speed gain), they didn’t have to nerf him to all characters.

Or even hero specific restrictions. Throw out some consistency for balance improvements, would it be bad? (i.e. many people would like Reinhardt to get some CC displacement resistance)

My choice is to not worry about role queue because it is absolutely not happening in the form that you people want it to.

1 Like

Oh nice.

See you’ve been putting more thought into the whole structure of things.

A common complaint I’ve been seeing “Oh, the queue time.”

It wouldn’t be bad to just implement what I had seen in League of Legends and Evolve, where they wanted you to select the primary role you wanted to queue for and a secondary role you’d be okay with selecting as well.

I believe he meant there would be 30 minute queues if they implemented it now. He then proceeded to say that to avoid that it would take months of rewriting the matchmaker, which I assume is what is happening at the moment.