Are they seriously nerfing Hog?

Or as they’re calling it, “fixing” his alt fire. I don’t know the full details, but it sounds like they’re making his right click much weaker, is this a joke?

Does anyone have more info on this?

Thank you

9 Likes

Read the patchnotes on the PTR forums, see it for yourself.

Several heroes have been nerfed with “bugfixes” before

5 Likes

Seriously? He’s barely played as it is and their solution is to nerf him!?

Are they on crack or something at HQ?

7 Likes

They need to nerf HOG because Doomfist can’t run wild with him in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:
stupid nerf of a hero that is weak to start

At first I was going to say they’re probably patching the falloff damage without making any other adjustments to see how his performance changes, so they can buff him accordingly in a week or two.

But after reading that, it made me remember how scummy Blizzard is about hero balancing.

I would absolutely believe it if they just called it a bug and “fixed” it to make Doomfist have an easier life. They(Blizzard) love making a couple heros really, really good for months at a time.

1 Like

Unless they edited the patch note to read right, that’s not going to help

No idea, but here’s how I would return Hog to most of his former glory:

2 Likes

The ridiculousness called Roadhog’s hook should be adressed ASAP, just like they started adressing Rein’s ult bugs.

Hook breaking by THIN AIR is obviously ridiculously bugged, and while I don’t like him that much, I’d prefer him having a consistent hook and fixed spread rather than pure RNG.

3 Likes

Are you sure hook actually landed? It seems to me like its just glitched and accidentally showed the hook as hitting when it didn’t. If you look carefully at the video a lot of these hooks look like misses. (Its most easily noticed on the Reaper, Genji, and McCree) https://youtu.be/8Qqz_XuoeBs

Watching the video I love how the surprise and confusion each time the hook breakers fades into for God’s sake

It’s ether a nerf disguised as a bug or the devs decided to fix a bug 3 years later…

The hook is landing, damage dealt, hook connect sound the works.

The hooks just aren’t working.

1 Like

I think it’s the latter one.
No malice, just a mistake.

One can hope they now have the time to make it right, now that Hanzo/Brig/Mercy aren’t hair-on-fire overpowered anymore.

1 Like

I want my competitive points back!

If the hook dealt damage you would see Widowmakers HP bar. Also the sound can be busted with the animation. Also that Gif widow is literally like 2 widows away from where your hook was aimed.

Seriously, and it’s not like he’s OP or anything at the moment.