Oceanic Realms Broken - Merged with US Battlegroup (Lag)

Oceanic realms are currently merged with US battlegroup causing high latency inside bg’s please fix

284 Likes

bumping this needs to be fixed asap

70 Likes

This will completely kill PvP on the oceanic servers. It was perfect after the pre-patch, why the hell blizzard decided to randomly change it now with no mention or warning is crazy.

Blizzard are completely useless.

72 Likes

the one great thing about classic has been the consistently good ping, please fix

31 Likes

Start opening tickets i guess

26 Likes

Hello. I just want to acknowledge that this was a deliberate step taken to prepare for PvP in the Burning Crusade Classic.

As a result, we expect to see:

• Better PvP queue times for players on Oceanic realms.
  • Better Arena matchmaking for Oceanic players.
  • A much higher likelihood of Oceanic players being able to meaningfully compete for end-of-season rewards.

On that last point, remember that all of the realms in the Americas and Oceania are part of the same region, and Arena season rewards are region-wide. We don’t want to see Oceanic players prevented from earning rewards because they aren’t being matched up against the vast majority of the region.

19 Likes

Uhh…except do you want to comment on the LAG?

120 Likes

I did not expect this to be intentional, RIP their latency LOL

26 Likes

How exactly is arena better with 200ms ping?

92 Likes

You think forcing Oceanic playerbase onto american servers on 200-300ms is in the best interest of the “Oceanic Community” ?

Have you forgotten the reason why we initially wanted oceanic servers to begin with ?

Have you asked our community what we would prefer ?

This is a lazy fix to a problem you’ve created very disappointing

Also stop changing the title of my thread that includes (LAG) because that’s what we are experiencing right now

154 Likes

This is not good for Arena.

52 Likes

Not real tbc unless all the australians have high ping

25 Likes

They actually can’t get anything right lol, this is getting embarrassing

66 Likes

Another one of those blatantly obvious "WE SHOULD ANNOUNCE THIS CHANGE TO THE PLAYERBASE BEFORE IT GOES LIVE" decisions that … well, “small indie company” and all that.

41 Likes

The real reason was that U.S. players missed reading Aussie trash talk in BG chat. lol

9 Likes

Immedaitely hidden by community flags

Try again and answer the question please. Why would players WANT to play with bad ping? Why was this change not made clear before implementation.

58 Likes

Any competitively minded player would rather not play at all than play against NA players with 250+ ping. Terrible change that no one asked for.

35 Likes

He also changed the title of my thread 2 x that included (LAG)

26 Likes

Amazing, document this please. screen caps.

7 Likes

Locked thread incoming!

3 Likes