[OCE] OK, really though - let's merge OCE back into a US battlegroup

Also you are a moron, hope you go the way of tidy and disappear forever.

All good. Yea I get the PvP ques suck. Ya think BG ques would be better, but they are horrible as well. Merging the battlegroups would really help, but blizz needs to ensure the servers have a really good connection to each other.

1 Like

It’s how retail currently works, so they’ve got it pretty well nailed - just need to use the same system in classic.

2 Likes

Yea most of the time in retail its slower, but not game ending. Well, its OK until they pair you up with people from South America, then its total trash and unplayable. But thats Blizzards ignorance for doing so.

I would like BGs to be merged at least. Watiting 4 weeks to queue an AV is pretty bad.

The Oceanic community does not want to be merged with US realms.

1 Like

Not one of these people had a brain. Nor do any of them still play.

“we chose oce to play in a smaller group”

Na dumbass, we chose OCE because it’s where we can raid and all our friends will be because it’s our region.

2 Likes

Those people you quoted don’t even PvP, let alone play the game anymore. The vast majority who were vocal during the original outcry don’t even actively play the game.

Keep spewing garbage Bloomsday, or should I say Demoniclily. There’s a reason no one takes you seriously on the forums, keep wasting your life away attempting to troll like you have for the past however many years you rat.

1 Like

Just use the same system as retail

5 Likes

I’m glad you quoted Elron’s opinion on this.

He led the campaign on his OCE discord to get this changed.

Then xfered to US because queues were dead here.

4 Likes

Is he not the one that advocated for the separation of Oceania and NA in the first place?

Guys please dont merge them power shifting will be terrible with 200ms +1 for druid lives.

1 Like

oce community cannot even populate BGs properly, 9/10 games for alliance the queue pops after everyone has been sitting in for for over an hour and finally you get in and you will spend the first 10minutes of the WSG stalling until you finally have 10 people join, and maybe then you can finally get your daily done.

if you think the current system is in anyway an improvement over the inconvenence of having 160-180ms (sucks to be perth with an extra 60ms ontop) then you are delusional.

AV literally does not pop outside of AV weekend period.

the only day you will reliably get queues in 5v5 arena is tuesday.

sorry to say but id rather see people like you whinge about lag than have the game be fundamentally ruined because of inactivity.

2 Likes

YES PLEASE! This will help the arena players

Over 2 years since bg’s opened in classic and this is still a massive cancer to the current game. Merging the regions for instanced pvp content is absolutely necessary and a big reason to why the game had such a thriving pvp playerbase in the first place, because you had people from different timezones queuing pretty much around the clock in all brackets/forms of pvp whether it was 10-19 bgs, 50-60 av’s or 3v3 arena. WotLK pvp is in massive danger if nothing is done, and TBC has proved that. Great people and players quitting left and right because the community that play the game to see all aspects of it, not just their weekly caps or daily quest, are being literally gatekept by short sighted, close minded and selfish people. Merge asap. :pray:

3 Likes

Please merge us dude

1 Like

To be fair, the same faction BGs did wonders for PvP at least for BGs. But ANY other BG thats not the current BG weekend BG is dead. Like you can spend 8 hours in an AV que and never get in. Its that bad.

Now while I do think helping get more people in with linking more Battlegroups together would help. Blizzard needs to ensure they are directly linked to each other via fiber as best as they can going across the pacific. Having the lines routed up to China and then across Europe to the USA then to the west coast servers would kill the experience more then it would help. But (big but here) if they did ensure the servers can be linked from Sydney across the Pacific to California, then there should be very minimal latency issues. But, do they even care enough to do this and then actually do it correctly is the real issue.

Playing a melee is a nightmare on US. Made an alt there to try and test it out and it was very bad. Nearly unplayable.

Zendark and his mates recently xfered and within 48 hours are sending tickets into GM’s begging to return due to the unplayable melee ping.

There has to be a better solution because it really is horrible playin with US ping trying to do any kind of competitive arena as a melee.

I’d rather play with the pay2win Chinese server or something if the ping is better

1 Like

Atleast for the 40mans

I don’t think there is. Either we need to somehow grow the OCE playerbase to allow for a competitive arena ladder, or play with 200ms on US West Severs.

Unfortunately, I don’t see another 1-2 thousand OCE PvPers ready to play WotLK >.> so I would rather an optional toggle to que into US.