[OCE] OK, really though - let's merge OCE back into a US battlegroup

To be fair Blizzard already tried this once and you guys didn’t like it. Why would they do it again?

Define “you guys”? A small group of BG classic elitests, many who couldn’t even break 1700 in TBC arena went and made a hate post on the forum when it was originaly annouced . The change lasted less then a week from memory which was hardly a voice of the OCE people and enough time to warrant reviewing the change. The stats of BG and Arena particpation over the 4 seasons of TBC should be enough evident the OCE only pvp scene is dead and will not suceed in WOTLK if it stays the same.

i got flamed by legions of bandwagon smoothbrains when i supported the original battlegroup merge
enjoy your nonexistant queues hahahahahaha
i warned you

People that play on Oceania realms

It was not a small group.

It was very small and very loud, also most didn’t last season 1. It was a bad idea, we won’t hold it against you just help us fix it yeah?

Here’s a thread with 300 likes and 1.7k replies that mostly consist of vitriol degrading Blizzard for the merge. This is not what I would call a small minority.

In fact, it has 6 times as many likes at this thread and almost 10 times the replies. Which one do you think is the minority here?

Wow that post really aged badly. Even if 1.7k replies were all positive it’s still a minority of the OCE players screaming pvp would be dead, only to have pvp die in tbc…. Honestly we could have done without all 1.7k of you and had a healthy pvp community without all the toxic mess all of those people caused.

Also get off ya sock toon mate

I’m not sure what you’re trying to communicate here. The posts are universally negative. I can’t find a single positive post. If you were for the merge, why didn’t you support it back then against those that didn’t support it?

So it really doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that you’d claim it’s a small minority that wants to be separated.

I 100% agree with this. Oce population is far too small. Please, merge us back.

1 Like

Not possible to merg with Chinese servers for 100ms and still high population? I played a melee on Whitemane (US server) for a bit at 70 and it was pretty horrible.

Go actually play on the US servers and you will see how horrible and unenjoyable it really is. I personally know of 9 people from Aus who went to US servers to pvp and all of them either ticketed GM’s to revert their server transfer or they just quit the character all together and are back playing on an OCE server to pvp.

That thread had a lot more to do with the way it was done - The pings at that time were literally unplayable. By the time they merged the servers, it was well down and very playable iirc.

There’s another thread about this now:

Please add your comments in support of this change there as well!

1 Like

Merge us please.

Priority queue. After 5 mins, chuck us with the US West players

i’m fine with this as long as I dont have to play on oceanic servers with 250 ms

Retail system - OCE match OCE 2-3 minutes + matchmake oce onto NA

Bumping for more attention

bump it up!

Hey Blizzard hows the merge coming along? Remember to make sure its priority queue to US West.

US here, you have my vote! It’ll only help PvP queues and RDF queues once they add RDF back into Wrath. Also, Aussie accents are a huge plus.

2 Likes