OCE+US battlegroup merge PLEASE!

I highly doubt that

1 Like

We tried this already and you guys didn’t like it.

Please merge.

No, it got temporarily dropped on people unexpectedly during an AV weekend, without any proper communication from Blizzard about what/why/how it would work. Unsurprisingly, there was a big panic and lots of people (myself included) protesting about the higher ping.
Knowing what we know now, merging is 100% neccessary.

2 Likes

If more evidence is needed - I tried to queue 2v2 at ~2100-2200 rating last night at 9pm. There was ONE other team playing. ONE.

1 Like

Yes Murchy…

it got temporarily dropped on people unexpectedly during an AV weekend, without any proper communication from Blizzard about what/why/how it would work. Unsurprisingly, there was a big panic and lots of people (myself included) protesting about the higher ping.
Knowing what we know now, merging is 100% neccessary.

That’s a lot of gymnastics. The writing is on the wall though. People didn’t like the change. At all.

Its not that easy due to timezones. I have actually rolled a 1-70 character on US servers to play and there are no guilds who raid during Oceanic hours or even host GDKP’s.

3 Likes

Please re-merge OCE. As Haiku has pointed out, BGs are non-existant during the week and arena queues are incredibly long above 1500 rating. I also dont think there has been a single BG for any level bracket outside of level cap since TBC launched.

Even if you could add an optional toggle for players to queue into the NA West servers, that way those players that absolutely cannot play on high ping are not directly affected (though their queues will become non-existant as OCE pvpers queue into NA).

The problem we face is that at the high ratings are queue times are exponentially longer than the average players due to a small player pool. On top of that, when we do gey queue pops, it is only against the same 1-2 teams that are queing.

This creates the illusion for the lower/casual pvpers that queues are fine (since 1000-1400 players will get queues in 1-2mins). A illusion that often makes them resent the idea of high latency games (since for them the system works fine).

Unfortunately, due to the backlash of non-competitive players during classic, i doubt blizzard will actually do anything. Kind of dug our own hole on this one.

1 Like

The second post in that thread demonstrates my point:

“why the hell blizzard decided to randomly change it now with no mention or warning is crazy.”

People didn’t understand why it was needed/the impact it would have overall.

To be honest and with all respect. It was obvious things would end up this way. Even with people actively ranking non weekend bgs we’re dead except warsong, which surprise surprise is what we ended up with now.

But you own it so thanks.

Ok, and what about the other 1.7k posts?

Re-merge ONLY if there is a priority queue system that queues us into US West after, say, 3 minutes. I’ve tried playing on US servers and was almost impossible after 2k rating as feral, the ping is brutal with powershifting, warstomp + clone doesn’t ever land, being behind target for shred very hard, etc.

Dear god, please re-merge them. It’ll be better for everyone, and I’m hoping this might inspire the rise of an old legend to work on more of his famous warrior PvP videos.

2 Likes

I would like to only merge the Arena Skirmish queues. I tried to reset my Engineering debuffs the other day and I sat in a 40min queue at 9am! Preposterous!

2 Likes

No please don’t do this.

Why not? There is no negative impact. Surely queues with slightly higher latency are better than no queues at all?

When there are OCE queues, you will get OCE games with OCE latency.

1 Like

Because i ront want to ever play with us ping, it sucks.

High ping for melee, very hard to play Hunter or Feral Druid for example above a certain rating