Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

Update 4/13/19
We saw some confusion about a specific part of this post so we want to be clear that Customer Service will NOT be transferring items in WoW Classic and the system that we outlined will be in the players’ hands. If we were to go down the road of developing a policy on item trading, we believe it would end up allowing the exact same kind of abuse that we are trying to minimize with the 2-hour trade window system which we outlined in the original post.

Ninja looting does have consequences in the community and those who do it will have trouble getting invited to group. In other words: your reputation will matter. Remember to play nice, play fair folks!

Original Post:
At BlizzCon 2018, we talked about how we plan to keep loot trading in World of Warcraft Classic. We added loot trading in Wrath of the Lich King to solve a common problem: a player could accidentally loot an item meant for another player or give it to the wrong person using Master Loot. They would then have to contact Blizzard to get the item moved to the intended recipient, which might take days. We wanted to keep loot trading in WoW Classic because the end result is the same – the correct person gets the item – and it’ll save everyone time.

But we heard your concerns about the potential for abuse of the loot trading system in parties of five. It’s possible that abusive play could take the form of a group of four players colluding to deny loot to a stranger who joined their party as a pick-up. Raid groups, being much larger, come with more understanding on the part of solo players that loot distribution can depend on the whims of the many players and raid leaders who know each other.

Taking that into consideration, we’ve decided that the two-hour loot trading system in WoW Classic will only apply to soulbound gear that drops in raids. Soulbound loot that drops in five-person content will not be tradeable at any time. What we hope to do is to strike a balance between saving players time and minimizing the potential for abuse of the system. We think this approach better addresses the concerns we’ve heard from players on the subject.

411 Likes

:bowing_man:t2:

7 Likes

the best solution!

64 Likes

Excellent news !

46 Likes

I can honestly say I did not expect this.

but it is a VERY welcome change to how loot trading will work, and a solution that I can be happy with.

53 Likes

I’m ok with this. Majority of raid content being done by guilds makes this a logical approach.

38 Likes

Nailed it.

53 Likes

Thank you!

38 Likes

That’s a pretty nice solution. Thanks.

24 Likes

LOL

And they said Blizzard doesn’t listen.

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

75 Likes

Way to listen to the community and restore faith in your company. A very sincere and heartfelt thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

50 Likes

Great solution.

9 Likes

Way better than what I expected! Thanks for the update, Blizz

14 Likes

Awesome solution! However, I must ask.

Will UBRS/LBRS be counted as a 5 man dungeon in this situation (as in no loot trading)? I would hope so since normally guilds would run their own 40 and 20 man raids.

28 Likes

Hmmm Would Ubrs count as said raid?

3 Likes

As i said any news is good news, even if it’s not one we want to hear aobut it, so thank you, because this is also great news and a nice way to help fix with raids.

Now Kaivax, if you happen to have the time i would ask you to read

Whenever you have the time in your busy day, or at least notice it in someway.

(Sorry everyone to post this everywhere xP)

9 Likes

Woot! Awesome news! Thank you for listening. Thank you!
Now does that mean there will be a policy saying loot tickets won’t be reviewed in 5 mans?

6 Likes

Sweet, classic team understands what classic is about. Love it.

19 Likes

Where have you been for all these years Blizzard? Bravo! Welcome back!

41 Likes