Master Looting Concerns - Solved

We saw that thread that some of us thought was a troll, the one where Blizzard interfered in a Master Loot decision because they didn’t understand the context of the situation. I just watched it happen again, live on stream. I’m not going to mention names but it’ll probably be really easy to find out what happened on Reddit in the next couple hours.

Why is Blizzard interfering with loot decisions? Do not change your mind, do not under any circumstance give a piece of loot that a player won on a /roll to another player, unless you absolutely trust your group.

Why is Blizzard interfering with Master Loot decisions? Is this something new?

whim
noun: whim ; plural noun: whims

1. a sudden desire or change of mind, especially one that is unusual or unexplained.

Could you update this to reflect the change in your stance on loot decisions, Kaivax?

P.S. I’m not posting this thread to discuss account penalties/suspensions. I’m posting it to bring this apparent policy change to the attention of the community. I’ve never heard of this happening to anyone until yesterday, and now I witnessed it happen live today.

1 Like

Why do you people start another thread rather than simply using the one you read. You aren’t a leader so don’t respond with bs.

2 Likes

Because it was closed, genius. This one isn’t using any names, there’s no reason it’ll be closed. This is a discussion forum, this is worth being discussed.

6 Likes

While I am happy for you that you got it resolved, you cannot blame the GM that made the original call.

But yes, don’t joke around with /rolling if you never intended to give it away with a /roll. GMs can only see chat logs when making their judgements.

4 Likes

No it isn’t worth it. Just don’t be stupid in game. Glad you learned something. You need to read many more threads.

4 Likes

This isn’t anything to do with me, it was a thread posted by someone I thought was trolling. After awhile it became apparent that it did happen and another GM reversed the previous GM’s actions.

Because the master looters are scammers.

5 Likes

Fair enough, I just assumed you were one off the parties involved. I was part of that thread last night.

The Blue post you linked to I don’t think applies to judgments of scamming/ninja’ing though, which is what I assumed the Binding was originally transferred for…rightfully/wrongfully so. That is different than a “loot dispute” or a run-of-the-mill “loot transfer.”

1 Like

Then why was the Master Looter in the topic I’m referring to in the OP unsuspended and the binding given back to the Main tank by another GM?

Because Blizzard is getting involved in loot decisions without full context because guilds use Discord.

My guild rolls on offspec loot. Every once in awhile someone who wins the roll changes their mind and decides they don’t want the item, so it’s given to someone else. This means that at some point in the future, my guild’s Master Looter could be punished by someone opening a ticket.

I don’t believe anything about that situation. Even the screenshots were probably faked.

1 Like

Just because it is a decision that involved loot doesn’t mean Blizzard will always ignore it. Back in Vanilla, the only way to get loot moved to another person if a mishap happened was to have a GM personally intervene. Today we can just trade raid loot that was accidentally mishandled…THAT is what they’re talking about when they say they wont handle “loot issues” because they expect the playerbase to deal with it themselves.

The specific case in question though, was treated as loot-stealing or scamming. Which is completely and wholly different…and does justify GM intervention.

2 Likes

Is this CS response to that situation faked?

CS was not speaking from direct knowledge at that point.

Yup, ninja looting does have consequences. The social consequences are among them, but not exclusive…there could be additional consequences if egregious enough…lets say a Binding of the Windseeker.

And where does Blizzard state that?

They specifically said they would not be trading loot and then in the very next paragraph went on to talk about the social ramifications of Ninja looting. I don’t know how you could interpret this as “well but if the loot is really good, then we’ll interfere.”

The loot that caused this most recent interference I’m talking about today wasn’t a binding either.

Oh, here we go:

On the WHIMS of the many players and raid leaders who know each other.

You can either take Blizzards actions as how they view the spirit of the rules. Or try to argue pedantics…that they don’t literally spell it out word-for-word.

Blizzard has always reimbursed people for items that were blatantly stolen.

1 Like

If they have a policy, they should state it instead of implying otherwise.

WHERE do they state their POLICY on SUSPENDING “Loot Ninjas”

EVERYTHING I posted implies that they don’t get involved, stop trolling.

The post you keep referring to is only talking about the ability to trade loot in raids. I am not sure why you’re trying to hold it up as a law-book for every single loot-based interaction. That policy is explicitly about loot accidentally going to the wrong person and nothing else.

The bottom line, is in the Terms of Service…you consent to having items removed and accounts suspended for any reason that Blizzard wants. Just because you don’t like it does not mean I am trolling you.

3 Likes

UNDERSTANDING.
WHIMS.
RAID LEADERS.

They are saying that players should UNDERSTAND that loot distribution can depend on the WHIMS of many players and raid leaders who know each other.

Do you know what a whim is?

whim

1. a sudden desire or change of mind, especially one that is unusual or unexplained.
1 Like