[MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes šŸ’œ

As many should know that everyone beside Genji and Tracer, all share the base movement speed of 5.5MPS while Genjiā€™s and Tracerā€™s base movement speed are 6.0MPS

I feel like since she is classified as a Flanker and her kit literally screams
F L A N K E R how would the community feel if she got a nice QoL change/ Minor buff to her base movement speed.

SOMBRA

Base Movement Speed Has Been Increase From 5.5MPS to 6.0MPS

I just feel like that this change is so minor, but yet it can overall help improve her game play as to make her feel a lot smoother. Itā€™s a bit odd that she is this nimble hero, but share the same base movement speed with the rest of the cast member disregarding her kit.

Please let me know how you will feel about these changes? :heart_eyes:

-Signed: Somvra. BOOP :purple_heart:

EDIT: 50+ Likes Thank You Guys So Much !

EDIT: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 100+ Likes :blue_heart:
All we need is a dev opinion on this topic, and my dreams will come true.

EDIT: :sparkling_heart: 150+ Likes ! What would I do without my supporter, I truly thank each and every one of you guys! I love this community.

Please show some support to a good friend of my Djdoo123. He has some really great ideas on some Sombraā€™s buff.

Link is Above.

248 Likes

I would 100% love this.

17 Likes

Itā€™s just odd that she doesnā€™t have this already.

14 Likes

Could Doomfist get this too? Heā€™s a flanker right?

13 Likes

I think the community view him a brawler more than anything. However, Sombraā€™s kit is literally the generic Flanker kit.

10 Likes

Yea but wouldnā€™t it be safer to just buff invis speed?

1 Like

I rather take a base movement speed buff over the invisible speed buff.

Because if they buff the base movement speed, it will indirectly buff the invisible speed as well.

19 Likes

Yeah, I could roll with that.

6 Likes

I honestly donā€™t see a .5 increase in speed breaking a character into S tier, so it wouldnt be that bad, go crazy I guess.

14 Likes

Exactly.

Most definitely not.

6 Likes

I believe (could be wrong) genjis base speed is actually higher than tracers. Or maybe it was then got changed idk.
I like the idea of increasing sombras base speed, but if we donā€™t get that, at least let her keep speed during stealth even after taking damage. Iā€™m fine with damage de-cloaking her, but never liked that it instantly slows you down too.

3 Likes

No both Tracer and Genji has the same base movement speed, but Genji does gain additional speed when in Dragonblade.

Why not both :wink:
But I do like that idea.

3 Likes

i donā€™t think she needs a buff but im not a sombra expert so idc

1 Like

All this time Iā€™ve been playing her and I thought she already moved at their speed. Iā€™mm all for this QOL change. lol

7 Likes

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

3 Likes

lol i love you for actually calling your main ā€˜genericā€™.

2 Likes

Itā€™s something to, not really make her more consistent, but to even out all the lost time when someone sneezes at you and throws you out of invis and breaks you hack.

Nevertheless I think they should look once more at her, because she always needs a truly reliable front line DPS (or main DPS should I say?) so he threats the enemy team enough so they wonā€™t allow themselves to turn around with almost the whole team on Sombra. Also that main DPS often does that little damage to unlock the picks for Sombra.

2 Likes

I agree to be honest,

id also like this for doomfistā€¦maybe slightly higher to 6.5mps becuause he is always in there and this would give him some semblance of escape when he is out of abilities

This could apply for reaper too

2 Likes

Doomfist should get it too

2 Likes

I do not like that, it does not Help her at all.
She is fast as it is and can go to high places with her tanslocater.
No need to go faster from left to right

2 Likes