[MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes šŸ’œ

Too bad the community is wrong on that one. Heā€™s an awful Brawler. Reaper and Hog are a thousand times better in that respect.

3 Likes

If they did this, theyā€™d have to do it for Doomfist and Reaper, too. Theyā€™re technically flankers as much as Sombra is.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct, however this changes are welcome as it wonā€™t break her at all.

Nope my friend, she moves at 5.5MPS which sucks because when I hop on Genji or even Tracer, I can tell the difference.

What can I say :wink:

Itā€™s something that is so small that it can help her not feel so sluggish and slow.

I am okay with her damage, as I can truly aim with her weaponā€™s spread etc. as my accuracy average between 39% - 50%

I just want her to be that silencers, Stealthy Nimble hero that she is supposed to.

Same :sweat_smile:

We have to be careful on this suggestion as I donā€™t mind them, I know others will, especially with Reaper.

The reason being I said Sombra, was because she literally has the basic flanker kit, and yet she moves slower than the other flankers.

Like I stated above, I am not opposed of the idea, but then people will start to ask why not McCree, or Pharah, Solider 76 or even Reaper.

I mention Sombra because she is literally the basic definition of Flanker, but yet she moves slower than the actually flankers in the game despite her being the True Flanker.

Itā€™s ok mate, this is a place for you to express your opinion about the matter. I just want to say that this changes are superb minor change that it wouldnā€™t affect her at all, but make her feel a bit smoother.

Itā€™s kinda of tough because what do you classified Doomfist has?

Couldnā€™t this argument goes for McCree and Solider 76 even Pharah?

Like I stated above, the reason why I suggested Sombra, is because her kit is the generic and basic kit for a Flanker.

Stealthy (Invisibility)

Teleportation (Translocator)

Silencer Ability (Hack)

This change would likely do next to nothing. Tracer and Genji arenā€™t mobile because their base speed is 0.5 higher than what others have. Itā€™s entirely down to their abilities.

Iā€™d love to see Sombra buffed, but with actual buffs.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a dive.

Sure, Rocket Punch can one-shot in a hectic situation but DF has no staying power. Heā€™s too big and his passive is not enough to keep him up without hit and run.

Heā€™s meant to dive in with Seismic Slam, Uppercut, then Rocket out. At least, thatā€™s how the best Dooms play. Leaving him in a static location, even a location as large as the point or payload, is just asking for death. Not to mention, outside of his abilities, heā€™s going to have a hard time getting kills. Heā€™s better off exposing himself only when his abilities and positioning allow it, whereas Hog or Reaper are far too dangerous and bulky to allow ear your team for an extended period, like an all out team fight on point.

1 Like

The base movement speed does help, but ever so slightly.

One can tell the difference though.

I wouldnā€™t call him dive.

1 Like

Why not? A good Doomfist drops in on your back line from insane angles, kills someone/s, and then flies away to cover. If thatā€™s not dive, I donā€™t know what is.

2 Likes

ā€œItā€™s ok mate, this is a place for you to express your opinion about the matter. I just want to say that this changes are superb minor change that it wouldnā€™t affect her at all, but make her feel a bit smootherā€

I thank you searesly.
What i mean it woud be nice if she were faster but that is at the bottom of the list that she needs.
My biggest fear is that the devs will do that and call it a day saying she is done now.
Witch she is not in a long shot.

p.s. I am a Sombra main and this is the first time i feel useless for my team playing her insted of another char.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all about position. I supposed.

Maybe they will look at her stealth.

Reinhardt and Winston donā€™t need another hero who can just walk out of their weapon range.

Edit: TBH I donā€™t think Genji and Tracer should even have that.

2 Likes

Any heroes with mobility can easily escape those two tanks.

3 Likes

Yeah, with their abilities. The last thing they need is for people to be able to straight up walk away even when they have them dead to rights because their abilities are down.

2 Likes

I would take the extra speed from genji and tracer.

2 Likes

Doomfist is designed to be a backline defender IMO. People just play him like a flanker, which is why there are so many bad Doomfist players. Doomā€™s kit screams anti-dive, but nobody plays him that way.

4 Likes

I can understand your frustration.

This could work too.

Exactly.ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €

1 Like

tbh I was wondering why she never had a 6.0mps base movement speed from the start. Her invisibility is clunky thanks to the start up and her teleport isnā€™t instant. Her hurtbox is bigger than Genguā€™s incredibly shrinking hurtbox and Tracerā€™s hurtbox. So itā€™s not like sheā€™d be broken with it.

3 Likes

Sombra doesnā€™t really need this, she just needs all her bugs fixed. You say she needs this because sheā€™s a flanker? Thatā€™s what her stealth is for, getting into position. And you shouldnā€™t use it for anything else. Her gameplay is vastly different from Tracerā€™s and Genjiā€™s so we shouldnā€™t try to compare them.
I wouldnā€™t mind her getting a buff, but I donā€™t support imbalance even when itā€™s a buff to my favorite hero.

2 Likes

Exactly.

I respect your opinion mate, however even with her stealth delays it feels clunky. But I do agree that her bugs need her bug fix.

Agreed, her stealth should feel more fluid, but Iā€™m surprised they even bothered making a skin for her

2 Likes

Thatā€™s her Rhianna skin.

1 Like