I miss the old Sombra

While you’re at it, revert hack’s ability to wall ride, wall climb, double jump, and active aura

I prefer her current state actually. Not as exciting but it’s not bad for me.

Well thank god you don’t balance these heroes then huh?

no offense but if you stay invisible for the whole game you are doing it wrong lol

6 Likes

Ah, if you only knew.

Yeah same (300+hr on sombra with all acc), i like how Sombra was after her hack Nurf (of course in the fixed state now) and before the "Buffes she got (perma invis and TL). I got used to the perma invis and in some situations its help full, so in some point its funny but her weapon is more than fine right now. Reduce the spry maybe a bit, but boosting dmg would make her broke af. TBH if u have problem with the dps out put with Sombra work on ur aim and dont blame the Weapon. Small tip form a Sombra Main to a other Sombra main.

As much as I miss the Old Sombra, honestly the old Sombra was simply too slow aside from her ultimate charge via hacked health packs giving ultimate charge.

Check this thread out as I post my feedback about the matter of the fact about Sombra. Sombra - an Adjustment Required

Sombra’s Machine Pistol is fine honestly, all it needs is a reduce in spread. I proposed a reverse bloom where the longer she hold the machine pistol the more accurate it gets.

Sombra’s Hack to me is also fine, just need some QoL changes such as Sugar Skull above hacked enemies. They added to B.O.B and in the PvE events, why not add it in the rest of the game.

Picture Below for the image.

I honestly do not understand why the devs are taking there time with this changes, as many Sombra and non-Sombra Players are requesting this as out of all the de-buffs indicators, Sombra is very very lack lustering.

Example:

Sombra’s Stealth All that is needed is a cast time reduction from 0.7 seconds to 0.5 seconds. I want them to increase the speed, but I have a change that will indirect effect this.

I also seen ideas of putting this on a resource meter. Not a bad idea honestly, and let her use this at free will, I mean she can no longer contest.

Sombra’s Translocator, I am fine with how it function now. It has counter plays… something that people was complaining about before. I know, and yes people was complaining about her having a “get out of jail free card”

Sombra’s EMP, like you said, it is fine, as soon as they add the Sugar Skull icon above hacked enemies, this ultimate would be golden.

Sombra’s Base Movement Speed need to be increase from 5.5 m/s to 6.0m/s to match Genji and Tracer. I made a mega-thread explaining why, as I will link it here. [MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes 💜 (Click Me)

Other than that, Sombra is in a pretty good spot, as she is not OP nor a must pick.

1 Like

Any tips against Hanzo and Widow besides uncloaking right behind them and spraying their head? I always feel afraid when facing them, their one shot potential is scary.

sombra trades reduced gun damage for more utility.

What I dislike about Sombra now is that her hack is simply too fast. People don’t even have time to react to it unless they’re already firing at you. I feel like Sombra’s old design felt better in that regard. It was slower to hack people but you could take angles faster with the increased movement speed.

For me it’s the kind of thing where if I know she’s around I’m expecting it and listening for it. I have little problem spinning around hitting her when I hear it.

Keep in mind that if it was so slow that you could almost ignore it then go “wait, SHE’S HACKING ME” then what’s the point of having an ability that never goes through.

It’s already slow enough that half roster is better to just open fire rather than hack (better to damge/kill than leave unharmed).

Same. She seems to be just fine. If people find her needing more damage, likely it is more for aiming issue. I realized in good days when my aim is good, I can be very effective with the gun. But if my aim go wild sometimes, it is almost not possible to get any kill from somrba.

3 Likes

If her current Hack can be interrupted easily by someone farting in her general direction,do you really think 0.8 seconds won’t make it impossible to use??

Hack

• 0.8s cast time
  • 0.05s LoS check
  • 20hp damage threshold
  • No longer shuts off Lucio’s aura, instead returning to just locking Crossfade to the aura it was already on
  • Sugar Skull icon above hacked enemies

Stealth

• Revert to pre-infinite stealth

Healthpacks

• 1 ult charge per 2hp healed (ie 125 points for a full mega)

Damage

• 10% Damage boost on hacked enemies for Sombra only

EMP

• 1600 ult charge required

THE RESULT OF PROPOSED CHANGES

• 2 inconsistencies fixed (Lucio can’t heal whilst hacked, Sombra can’t gain ult charge from healing)
  • Healing EMP bot Sombra not viable (old Sombra = 20% ult from 1 mega, proposed = about 7.5%, old mini = 6%, proposed mini = under 2.5%)
  • Sombra less overbearing in pro play (can’t get easy EMPs/positioning for a push)
  • Easier for Sombra to secure her kills, stronger at lower ranks
  • Incentivises using hack regularly

That to me would be a well balanced build

1 Like

People still want Tracer with stealth and hack huh?

Sombras issues come from people having trouble playing with a Sombra. People not knowing how to play her is a meme, its actually the other way around. Sombra is more than any other dps dependend on follow up by her teammates. But she spends like half the hack duration just explaining and making callouts on who is hacked and where he/she is unless its the obvious main tank in front of them.

Thats why i think she needs better hack visualisation.
Best way to do this is to add timer skulls above hacked targets and make the visuals purple instead of red. The reason for this is that enemies already have by default red outlines, which makes hack outlines more difficult to see.

Besides that she needs set up time to get into position, just to get a hack which by itself is just another set up for her team to do something. Thats is relative slow gameplay in an environment where other dps can burst your team down and even get one shots. She needs her speed back. So either revert her speed nerf for stealth, or buff her base movement speed.

This helps her to be where shes needed and allows her to chase down low health targets which goes in tandem with her passive.

Another quality of life improvement i’d like to see, which could be seen as a bug fix is allowing her to translocate while reloading and not interrupting the reload in the process. She can already do that while invisible, but for some reason it doesnt work while visible.
There is a weird inconsistency going on.

1 Like

Last time I checked Sombra had a walk speed of 5.5 instead of 6.0, no blinks, no recall, and no burst damage.

Thats the Point of an Counter Hero i guess XD

IMO Widow and Hanzo r counters to her. Its like i hope i one kilp her fast enough so i don t get one shoted XD (Widow less then Hanzo cause its hard to hit in meele range with widow)

Create a hero with the same damage as tracer, stealth and instant safety?

not to mention one that can take away all your cooldowns?

do you think before you type or?

This post looks very wholesome :roll_eyes: