Sombra - an Adjustment Required

Why is sombra an issue?
Hack, its way too powerful but also inconsistent. Honestly it just lasts way too long.

Probably OP due to compensation
Might only want hack changes.
Heres my Proposition
SMG

• Ammo increased to 100

Hack

• No cast time
  • Hack duration decreased to 2-3 seconds
  • Range reduced to 10m
  • Puts a sugar skull above the target

Invisibility

• Speed increased to 175%
  • Revealing time decreased by half
  • Range of voiceline decreased to 10m
  • Cooldown decreased to two seconds
  • Cast time reduced

Translocator

• For 3 seconds healing received is tripled
  • Health increased to 15
  • No longer has a beeping noise

EMP

• No changes

Honestly I didn’t really think this through much. I don’t agree with half the changes since they are over compensation and this might be even more obnoxious to deal with.

It lasts “long” because it takes as much time for Sombra to get a pick after hacking.

Sooo… For some heroes that use their skills regularly, almost no change is noticed?

How about instead of that, everything goes on cooldown for an additional 6 seconds?

Sombra’s Machine Pistol is fine honestly, all it needs is a reduce in spread. I proposed a reverse bloom where the longer she hold the machine pistol the more accurate it gets.

Sombra’s Hack to me is also fine, just need some QoL changes such as Sugar Skull above hacked enemies. They added to B.O.B and in the PvE events, why not add it in the rest of the game.

Picture Below for the image.

I honestly do not understand why the devs are taking there time with this changes, as many Sombra and non-Sombra Players are requesting this as out of all the de-buffs indicators, Sombra is very very lack lustering.

Example:

Sombra’s Stealth All that is needed is a cast time reduction from 0.7 seconds to 0.5 seconds. I want them to increase the speed, but I have a change that will indirect effect this.

I also seen ideas of putting this on a resource meter. Not a bad idea honestly, and let her use this at free will, I mean she can no longer contest.

Sombra’s Translocator, I am fine with how it function now. It has counter plays… something that people was complaining about before. I know, and yes people was complaining about her having a “get out of jail free card”

Sombra’s EMP, like you said, it is fine, as soon as they add the Sugar Skull icon above hacked enemies, this ultimate would be golden.

Sombra’s Base Movement Speed need to be increase from 5.5 m/s to 6.0m/s to match Genji and Tracer. I made a mega-thread explaining why, as I will link it here. [MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes 💜 (Click Me)

Other than that, Sombra is in a pretty good spot, as she is not OP nor a must pick.

4 Likes

Do you mean, everything as in the enemies cooldown?

Yeah, that was a smart *** reply.

Although I disagree with you on this:

I just came back to Overwatch earlier this week, her accuracy isn’t as bad as I remember it. I think the problem is the distance for damage fall-off. It’s a relatively short range that takes off almost all damage when you’re not really that far.

I’d say extending it a bit (along with hack distance) would be a good idea, that way she doesn’t need to get Tracer close with no mobility… However I haven’t really reexamined everything, might not be the thing to do (been a while since crunching numbers and applying mechanics).

EDIT: At a certain point you’re doing 1 point of damage a bullet… But there are other things to consider.

Yeah, her spread is not as bad as people make it out to be, but it could use some touch up in my honest opinion…

1 Like