The Buffs Sombra needs đź’Ş

Sounds good to me. :+1:

1 Like

Technically you could still hear you hit someone, so it’d be up to the player shooting figure “hold on, I hit someone, must be Sombra” and try tracking her from that.
Not making her useless by fluke.

1 Like

This was exactly the thought. I wanted to keep counterplay with the purple flicker without punishing Sombra for things outside of her control.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind, it wouldn’t be broken, nor would be it be too good to me. That’d give windows for both Sombra and the enemy to do something about it.

1 Like

Thank you. I know a lot of people are really skeptical about Sombra buff requests but I’m pretty sure her community is the most lax on requests and understands that in theory if over-tuned she could be broken lol

Absolutely, I think the recent changes and her speed reduction in stealth took a toll on her. I actually find it too easy to chase her now, I’m guilty of often figuring out where she translocated, shoot around, reveal her and kill her even if there’s a hacked healthpack around.
A thing I wouldn’t do that often before that, probably because speed and playstyle helped her.

So I believe she’s in need of some changes.

1 Like

I’m certain that she needs some help but honestly I would be happy if Blizzard would just listen to their community lol.

If even one of these buffs went through I would be satiated.

1 Like

I love this one, but it need to be tied to something such as her passive Opportunist, you can have it where it give Sombra only, a buff whenever she is near an injured enemy.

You can have it link to the passive so that she only does extra damage to whomever enemy is in critical condition state, and revealed by her passive.

You can have it so whenever you hack an enemy either they do less damage or Sombra only deal additional damage to hacked targets.

Another route you can go is that whenever she de-cloak, she deals additional damage for x amount of seconds… reset every time you de-cloak manually, but if you get knocked out of stealth, then you don’t get the additional bonus damage.

This is a toss, as I would love for this mechanic to be a thing, I don’t see the devs giving this Strat and mechanics back to Sombra. I would love for them to do so though.

This is an unpopular opinion: But I am fine with her translocator being at 5HP, I am not opposed of her getting an health pool buff to Translocator, but I am honestly fine with it being 5HP.

This, I made countless mega thread asking for this. This QoL Change need to be a thing, or at least tested on the PTR.

Garret showed me this.

But if you look at all the indicators, Sombra’s Hack is by far the most un-noticable for not only Sombra and her teammates, but also for the enemies as well. Instead of the swirls that has hacked numbers coded spin in spirals around the enemies, it need to be something like this.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet (Click On The Link)

or even this

Another yet most requested and most asked QoL Change of them all, this again need to be a thing. I made a mega-thread with over 200 likes on this and many would love this buff as it wouldn’t break her at all, let alone it make perfect sense for her to have this QoL change.

[MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes đź’ś (Click Me)
Here is the thread above.

Also here is my suggestion, I would edit it, but it been locked... but this is some of the things I would do to improve Sombra for sure.
2 Likes

I was under the impression it only became destructible once it hit the ground, but now I can’t find anything to prove this is the case.

1 Like

See the only reason I was asking for a flat damage buff is because I know Blizzard doesn’t want the “Assassin” style to be the main playstyle for Sombra (although Zens know no fury like a good Sombra 2.0) and I know that Blizzard has a tendancy to over-tune or under-tune anything that is even slightly gimmicky.

If it were linked to Sombra’s Passive I would love it to be a 10% buff to her damage just to help that umph on a low health target.

The extra damage to hacked targets just seems unnecessary and encourages hacking targets like the already slow Zenyatta even if it was only for Sombra

The De-cloak damage Boost is something I thought about for ages and it’s very similar to that same mechanic in MMO’s and Moba’s and while I would like it I doubt Blizzard would implement something like this.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S:

Thank you for your Sombra activism! :heart:

1 Like
P.S to your P.S

No Problem Mate! :heart:

1 Like

Now I would really like to see the buff you proposed but they need to come with bug fixes.

I even think before the developer do anything else to the game they should fix the tons of bugs still in there. Not jut Sombras but everyones. Just put out some Patches only addressing bugs before trying to rebalance anything. Just imagin how great it would be to play Sombra (or anyone else for that matter) and feel consistency in your abilities.

i agree i just don’t think she needs extra speed out of stealth and self heals ult charge. since she already gets ultimate real quick
Btw everyone is asking for fix LOS bugs so jeff pls thx

Yes please. If shes gonna be a flanker, she needs to be as fast as Tracer and Genji

1 Like

I would take this or a tighter spread. Both are good.

Weird, I know, but I would actually prefer she gain ult-charge from allies healing from them rather than herself. Then Hack-Packs are useful for everyone. Sombra has a 60-second safe haven and allies can help Sombra gain EMP.

Oddly, I’ve never run into this issue. Even when I threw it directly at a Moira who was beaming in my direction (I was invis so she couldn’t connect to me but she was right in front of me.)

It’d be nice.
I would also half the un-stealth time if Sombra does it herself. This way it rewards her for being sneaky while keeping the punishment for being hit.
Why not go the full mile and give Invis a 4 second CD if she uncloaks herself? I’ve never seen anyone Stealth right after uncloaking so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue and would put it in line with Translocator’s half CD if she cancels it herself while, once again, rewarding a sneaky Sombra.

Y E S !

Just like reduced cloaking, not required but It’d be nice. I would proritse this before stealth time though.

The buffs Sombra needs: None, shes fine, shes only as good as the rest of her team

No to everything except hack visibility.

cant hear you out when you have to use a shotgun hero at point blank range to justify wanting a sombra dps buff.

Ok, firstly I don’t think all of these should be implemented. Just some

Yeah that’s fair

Maybe, but only a very small gain.

Maybe something like 15 hp or 19.

Kinda unneeded. Also I hope you realise every hero in the game (except for tracer and Genji) base speeds are the same

Yeah I guess so, not really a buff more of small QoL changes

No, Otherwise invis would become to good at being used as a quick escape tool. Which is what translocator is meant to be used for

Is already the case in live

Maybe would not be bad.

Yes please.

And yes please

For the rest I don’t really think it would be good for her nor would it ve needed