Sombra bottom-tier again

The new META also makes her pretty much useless.

To me, that’s just more of the “well now you can 3 shot pharah”. Okay, I can 3 shot pharah now… now what?

It just is too little and doesn’t address Ana’s core problems at all.

In OWL, Sombra has the same win rate as she does on live right now. The pro teams have better communication, but they still get the same results as random teams in comp.

4 Likes

That’s because those same pros are also coordinated enough to dodge big EMPs. Sombra can hit 3-4 people but if the Zen is untouched, he can just Trans. If you do hit the Zen then the Mercy will be there instantly to pocket him and possibly also a D.va if she wasn’t hit.

1 Like

i dont understand what you mean. anas problems go as.

1.being harder to play and not getting as much value as the other healers.
2.bad self healing
3. shots being blocked
4. having to reload

or atleast that is what i have noticed. other than that ana is a good pick. and i bet if they made a better self heal for ana she would finally be a good pick again.

I made a post of ways that to help slowly improve her as a hero.

2 Likes

But I agree, It’s just sad for use Sombra’s main/ user.

Your point being? What is that winrate if I may ask?

I don’t think there’s much wrong with Sombra’s changes - side for the ult charge with HP, if an ally or you use it then it should be healing charge. But I think her pickrate is more down to people being reluctant to learn how to use her

it’s a shame because if used well she can be deadly, and trounces on the heroes the forums call OP. Her winrate is still an admirable 44% in comp so it’s not like she’s a terrible pick, just more a support dps than a flat-out front-line dps

Sad that my most favorite two heroes both get neglected in this game. Considering I put so much work into them. Feels great man.

They counter hard core game mechanics so nobody wants them to be good. Because they bring counter play to the table of people’s habits like pocket healing somebody or overly reliant and confident on using their abilites.

Sombra and Ana counter these types of strates and nobody likes that thus meaning if we keep these two down we never have to really worry about counter play.

2 Likes

Isn’t the hack cooldown only if it’s interrupted by damage? (Sorry if I missed this part) and I don’t find her bad. I actually want to play her more in comp because I swear, every time I’m solo healing, someone asks if someone can play Sombra and the other dps is like “I don’t play her but I’ll try” then they put their translocator in spawn, get their ult, use it after everyone dies and them flames the team.

I see how people find it hard to find hack openings but I’d stay with the Rein and wait for brigitte to bash him then hack her. Shes everywhere and hack paired with a discord is pretty good.

Again? I’m pretty sure the word you were looking for is “still”.

I’m fairly sure her damage won’t ever get buffed, because the idea behind Sombra, is that she is a “disruptor” not a frontal dps, but her hack got nerfed because people found it annoying.
What else can be changed on her? Her mobility cooldowns are already really low, and the delay makes them bad for in-combat use.

Go hack Brigette… 2 birds 1 stone

Fix bugs, add timer skulls to hacked targets, reduce stealth delays.

Hate to ask this, but has Sombra ever not been bottom tier?

2 Likes

Not only is she “bottom-tier again”, she’s straight up worse off than if they had never “buffed” her in the first place.

2 Likes

I thought that if communication was the problem, pro teams would be doing better with Sombra than the players in comp are. When I last looked at the stats, both OWL and comp had Sombra with a 46% win rate.

I don’t often - if ever, post in the forums. With that being said, I have found it very difficult to play Sombra effectively now. I play to the tune of some 100+ hours I believe and for the 2 weeks that she was buffed, she was in a good position.

Her winrate barely climbed, however, which suggests she was still not very effective (or, gasp, not enough time went by to evaluate her new position!). Never the less, she was nerfed worse than before she was buffed.

At this point, I would rather she be fully reverted and give her ult charge with healthpack hacks. The amount of times the hacks just bug out now is asinine. Completely full-view players that just don’t get hacked because a blade of grass blocked the foot of the target you were hacking.

What is the point in putting in a punishment of 2 second instant cooldown of a skill when trying to use it. Completely counter-intuitive to the game’s play style. Especially when the game has no ammo conservation. Bullets are flying all over the place all the time. A Dva pellet from 100 yards away not even being directed at you and doing less than 1hp of damage stops the hack.

These nerfs have now been out way longer than her ‘buff’ and it’s clear there are huge problems with the direction she is being driven. She deserves to have a chance to show if she is actually broken with her buffs - more than the sub 2 weeks she was out.

Make Sombra Great (can’t even say ‘again’).

2 Likes

If they go baby steps, people will complain that the buffs aren’t happening fast enough.

If they go quickly (Bastion Buffs), people will complain about how hasty the dev team is being and how they went way overboard.

I’ll take the baby steps, personally.

i like these types of people