Partial Sombra Revert?

Her hack wasn’t bad the way it was pre “buff”.

So I propose:

• Hack is back at 0.8s.
  • Hack regains the grace period.
  • Hack no longer has a 2 sec cooldown when interrupted.
  • Hack and Invis can only get interrupted when she takes 25 damage.
  • Sombra gains ult charge when she specifically uses a hacked health pack (same charge rate as before).
  • Translocator stays at the 20 second duration.
  • She keeps the spread buff.

I think (hope) this will be enough to bring her to at least semi-viable.

11 Likes

I want this now. Hire this man blizzard.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t want the 0.8 second hack back…

know that I am used to the 0.65 seconds, it will feel somewhat slow reverting her hack back.

1 Like

Reverts are extremely rare. :frowning:

1 Like

A bit of a slower hack is worth the extra viability imo

I nearly completely agree with this, excluding the part about the hack time revert. I also think she should get a hacked Health Pack boost, but only 1/4 to 1/2 as before.

2 Likes

I added the hack revert because I’m worried that my proposed buffs would render her slightly OP if she didn’t have any compensation nerfs.

She could always keep the 0.65s hack but I’d personally prefer a longer hack without the 2 second cooldown (which I actually forgot to state in my OP).

1 Like

Using that statement, i’d be able to agree with that.

Indeed, however, there are way we can go about to help improve her without reverting her back as we know Blizzard does not revert any changes.

I made a mega-thread about Sombra about how we can slowly improve her by first increasing her movement speed. Sounds silly and minor, but with Sombra you have to approach her with small and minor buffs.

1 Like

I say yes to all of this

This sounds like my ideal Sombra

What was a time they completely reverted something?

Problem is there’s still no real counter play to it. The reason she was nerfed was because of how quickly she could get the hack off without much of a chance for anyone to react (more specifically the tanks who are much more susceptible to it and are left in a worse state).
Edit: From what I’m aware of that is. Most of the forum outcry was from tank players, which is understandable.

Would making it more obvious you are being hacked be to much? I just mean like a calling card sugar skull appearing somewhere obvious on the UI since in a team fight you’re not really listening for the audio cues of a Sombra as much. Makes it easier to react in time without directly nerfing or buffing anyone.

1 Like

Somvra’s Ideal changes to Sombra :sparkling_heart:

Stealth
  • Reduce her Stealth’s Delay from 0.7 seconds to 0.5 seconds

Somvra Comments: With all these changes, it will help Sombra from feel so less clunky, as the delay hinders her a hero. With this she can move in and out of Stealth more fluently.

EMP

• EMP when activated now resets Sombra’s Translocator

Somvra Comments: Many typically use this following combo
→ Translocate - Stealth- EMP- Translocate out. This change will help promote more way to contribute and play aggressive without hindering nor leaving your team with a 5v6.

Base Movement Speed

• Increase from 5.5mph to 6.0mph

Somvra Comments: This thread below explains it all. Link Below.

HACK

• Now display a sugar skull above the hacked opponent head.

Somvra Comments: This is a nice QoL changes that can also help not only the player who is playing Sombra, but also the team to notified a better visual of who is hacked.

These are changes I would like to see first.

EDIT: I want to add self-heal ultimate charge for only when Sombra heals herself with an hacked health pack, as I don't think that would make her overpowered/ broken at all.

Check out my potential changes I will make for Sombra. I post it here on this thread. It’s right above this comment.

I really believe all the problems are from a limitation of the game engine because the same bugs are present in the other heroes as well. D.va had it, Roadhog had it, Genji had it, Widowmaker had it, McCree had it, etc. They added work arounds to make them work, D.va had additional points on her model to check for LoS, Roadhog had his targeting reworked multiple times, Genji had his deflect hitbox oversized, etc.

They all had workarounds. Except Sombras workarounds were removed and even compounded by additional functions that were coded on top of those broken game functions even more. I believe there’s an additional function they added that essentially created a sight cone after Tracers complained about being hacked after blinking behind Sombra, and that’s causing the random hack breaks as well.

Unless they plan on overhauling the game engine, the only way to make Sombra work is to reinstate the workarounds they removed.

PS: Have they actually fixed Widowmaker? There was a time where there were constant complaints of her shots not landing but i don’t see those anymore.

Tbh I don’t want her to get ult charge from her hp packs again. I hated that playstyle so much

But I 100% agree with everything else, except I think hack should be interrupted with 5 or 10 damage instead, or else it would be impossible for someone like Mercy to ever cancel hack

1 Like