Updated: Sombra's Suggestions 💭

Sombra's Suggestions

With all the Sombra's frustrations, I figured why not make a thread that suggest some great ideas that can appeal to both parties, which are Sombra's Mains and Non Sombra's Mains.

Sombra’s Opportunist: BUFF

• Sombra now deals a 15% or 20% more damage to enemies whom are below 50% health.
  • Sombra’s Hack: QoL CHANGE

• Hack now display a sugar skull timer above the enemies head.
  • Sombra’s Machine Pistol: BUFF

• Sombra’s Pistol now have reverse bloom, starting at spread angle of 2.7 degrees max, while firing the spread angle will decrease to max angle of 2 degrees supplementary slowly overtime.

Sombra’s Stealth: QoL CHANGE/ BUFF

• Stealth is no longer tied to a cool-down.

• Stealth movement speed increase from 50% back up to 75%.
  • Stealth cloak and de-cloak cast time reduce from 0.7s to 0.5s
  • Sombra’s Translocator: NEUTRAL

• No changes needed.
  • Sombra’s EMP: NERF

• EMP cast time increase from 0.18 seconds to 0.5 seconds.

• EMP radius decrease from 15m down to 10m
  • EMP now rests Sombra's Translocator.
  • Sombra and her TEAMMATES can now see hacked enemies through wall for the duration.
  • EMP will destroy barriers, but the barriers will block EMP effects (I Don't know about this one though) .
  • Sombra’s Movement Speed: QoL CHANGE

• Sombra’s movement speed increase from 5.5 m/s to 6.0 m/s

• With these changes to Sombra, it will allow counter-play to EMP, while reducing the effectiveness and range. However, some of the power has been shift to her base kit, allowing her communicate to her teammate better via through improve visual cue, while reducing her downtime.

I am curious to see what you guys think. Please feel free to leave constructive feedback and check out my other mega-threads. Which I will post below.

Mega Threads Links Below:

June 25th Edits:

Sombra is being revived 🌟 So We Thought
    Improvements to Sombra2.0
    [MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes 💜
    Sombra's Delay is Whats Killing Her. 😍
    Sombra PTR Changes from a Sombra Main
    Somvra's suggestions for Sombra. 💟

/End Edit.

11 Likes

add it!!

1 Like

Do you like these ideas? I made about 5-6 mega-threads in the past, and I figured why not try and make another one with more updated information and concepts.

That’s a lot of buffs for a boils down to range reduction on EMP. A longer cast time would be interesting, but there’s still not a lot of things you can do about it within that 0.5 seconds. Personally I’d like to see it being blocked by the barriers it destroys.

6 Likes

straight up buffs everywhere, wat, no

3 Likes

I think Opportunist is OP but everything else looks great!

4 Likes

I was thinking about this as well, as I was going add that to it, but I don’t know if many people will agree or be ok with it.

Some are straight buffs, yes, while others are QoL changes… while others are nerfs.

The opportunist damage increase percentage can be toned down if need, but this allow her to become a better duelist in those scenarios.

1 Like

Assassine Sombra would be way more frustrating to play against. But maybe thats just me.

3 Likes

I think this is too widow. I think opportunist for allies for as long as ult indicator is up would be more sombra

The what now?

Resets cooldown of translocator

3 Likes

She will still be that team dependent hero, these changes will only help her become more fluent when it comes to those situation, and also allow her to hold her own when she needs too.

Ohhhhhhh right, that makes more sense. I had another thing entirely in my head.

1 Like

Not denying that but this will make her step into Tracer territory no doubt. Why hack someone if you can just pop out of stealth and kill a support.

1 Like

That could also work, I just figured only hacked heroes are seen behind walls etc. where as Widow’s Infrasight , can reveal everyone.

No doubt she will be stepping into Tracer territory, however, there are more situation where you need to hack that per say target rather than just damage them.

Tracer will always be a better duelist than Sombra, but these changes will allow Sombra to have those duelist capabilities, however, not as strong as Tracer though.

1 Like

I’m against making her a budget Tracer with hack.
    I’m all for all speed buffs to reduce her downtime, but damage buffs open another can of worms.

5 Likes

The damage buff is only situational though since it is locked behind her utilities, but I can see what you are saying.

Too many buff suggestions

1 Like

It’s to compromise for the EMP nerfs.

EMP is the one ability which she gets the most and arguebly only value from in pro play.
    That got nerfed pretty hard. If you nerf that, her buff list has to look similar to make up for it.

5 Likes