Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

Foreword:
Creating diversity in diablo is hard. Players like to go for build with the highest possible damage potential. When all set has the same damage potential, players would most like chose the easiest and the fastest set to play.

If the aim of balancing in 2.7 is to create diversity, I believe we cannot just change the number in the gear. We also need to provide quality of life changes to the underperforming set. Hidden mechanism, annoying mechanism, ramp-up should be removed or reduced.

I have lay down most of those idea and suggestion in the following post. Please let me know if I have missed anything. I will solidify it and update accordingly.

Suggestion for all class

Guardianā€™s Jeopardy:
(2) set: increase your attack speed by 30%
(3) set: You gain movement speed and dodge chance based on your attack speed bonus on gear

I want the set to become gear for speed farming. The dodge chance would make the maintain of Squirtā€™s Necklace easier to class that donā€™t have shield.

Demonā€™s hide
(2) set: 25% area damage
(3) set: Gain damage reduction based on the 50% of your area damage
(4) set: You no longer trigger area damage but gain a 500% area damage as damage bonus to the first enemy hit.

I want to do something crazy with Demonā€™s hide set. The 4 set is design to completely change the function of area damage to damage bonus on the first enemy hit. This way RGK build will have an extra gearing option, and it may also help solo build that have trouble dealing with a single target.

Krelmā€™s Buff Bulwark:
(2) Set: 50% control and impair reduction
(3) Set: You deal 50% increased damage for 4 seconds and heal for 30% of your missing life after hit by a control impair effect.

The aim of this set is to provide control impair immunity to class without transformation option.

Blackthorneā€™s Battlegear
(2) set: +1500 all stat
(3) set: You are immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plagued monster ground effects.
(4) set: Staying on the ground effect increase your damage by 10% each second

This bonus will stay true to the Blackthorne theme, and making it useful in the same time.

Hallowed Protectors: Hallowed Barricade can now roll a random element
(2) set: +500 all resistance,15% attack speed, 50% increased block amount
all affix on your shield is also apply to your allies. (also work on follower)

This will open up a new support build, and it should make followers stronger and thus closing the difference for solo and group play.
Now you have to hunt for a shield that provide elemental bonus, critical chance, area damage, cooldown reduction and skill damage on your follower. Good luck for that :).

Improve amulet option:
Xephirian, The Star of Azkaranth, Countess Juliaā€™s Cameo, Talisman of Aranoch and Maraā€™s Kaleidoscope. Now also provide 40% elemental damage of their corresponding element.

Overwhelming Desire: Chance on hit to charm the enemy. While charmed, the enemy takes 80% more damage

Golden Gorget of Leoric: After earning a massacre bonus, 4ā€“6 Skeletons are summoned to fight by your side for 10 seconds.
All pet deal 100% increased damage.

Flavor of time and Squirtā€™s Necklace is just too strong. They effectively removed option in the amulet slot. So I would like to add more options to it.

Improve ring option:
Stone of Jordan: Elite damage moved into legendary affix, elemental damage become an extra affix. AKA now it is possible to roll a trifecta SOJ
Also increase all your maximum resource by 30-50%.

Pandemonium Loop: Enemies slain while Feared die in a bloody explosion and cause other nearby enemies to flee in Fear and takes 80% more damage.

Wyrdward: Lightning damage has a 25% chance to Stun for 1.5 seconds and deal 50% increased damage.

Nagelring: Summons a Fallen Lunatic to your side every 10 seconds. All pet deal 50% increased damage.

Bul-Kathosā€™s Wedding Band: You drain life from enemies around you and cause them to take 30% increased damage.

Kredeā€™s Flame: Taking Fire damage restores your primary resource. You deal 30% increased fire damage.

Band of Hollow Whispers: This ring occasionally haunts nearby enemies, also cause them to take 50% increased damage.

Uber improvement:
Hellfire amulet: can now roll 1- 2 passive
Hellfire ring: changed to roll 1 random class legendary affix.

I have also created a post for quality of life improvement.

71 Likes

Good list, balancing sets and adding diversity is the key to keep this game alive. But Iā€™m worried no one will listen to our suggestions. New Blue said he will participate in our discussions. it never happened.

1 Like

Hasnā€™t happened yet. Although 90% of the forum posts go into lengthy books of bickering and arguing, which arguing is good as long as it stays healthy.
They might just read through the mess and when they find suggestions, if itā€™s actually feasible, and more problematic to how the game plays, they take note and address it later within the thread or elsewhere.
Canā€™t say for sure.

1 Like

Bickering and arguing post is so annoying, but those post are so popular because it got so many replies.

oof, now I know how people must feel when they read my postsā€¦

I will go through this and respond to it later.

3 Likes

Haha. I is hard. I just finish reading your skill improvement post.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to ask for this, once again.

Please, please make Elemental Arrow viable for the first time in years. Add a large multiplier to Kridershot, do something, anything. The skill is great and we have sets that compliment it already. The only thing that needs to be done is placing a large multiplier to the damage on some item.

Itā€™s really that simple. Please, please, please buff it. We donā€™t need a new set that overcomplicates the ability. Please just buff the damage.

8 Likes

These kind of ā€œall-in-oneā€ posts are really hard for me to wrap my head around. Itā€™s probably best that they stay in the class specific forms to be honest.

The question is if the CMā€™s are looking there (regularly), so if these thready only get posted in the class forums, they might not even be noticed by the CMā€™s or not being forwarded to the devs since maybe less people care.

1 Like

You can click on the link for each class and go to the discussion of that specific class. I just linked them here to make it more convenient to read.

3 Likes

Thanks for the share, links and thoughts. This definitely took a lot of time and love so thanks for this! I look forward to finishing up the read(s).

44 Likes

Itā€™d be real nice if Ashearaā€™s Vestments just straight had your mercs summoned 100% of the time, any of the past seasons I always secretly had hopes that I could get enough augments on their gear, get their stats high enough for them to be relevantā€¦ I mean the proc is nice but itā€™d be better if it was consistent, also be nice if they could get more crit damage but something like 1250% bonus follower damage would put enough flavor in the game iā€™d probably jump back on just to try and make the set workā€¦

I remember actually getting the enchantress to have some decent throughput back in like season 7-10 (canā€™t remember) exactly, had enough + elite damage with furnace, sojs etc that she actually could put out 125 mill or so which is trash now but it was still a fun goal to work towardsā€¦ Similarly bul-kathoā€™s drain always felt like a nice bonus to the mercs aoe throughput, negligible now though with people reaching GRā€™s 100+ but a fun enough concept Iā€™d jump back on just to play withā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget 300th Spear & Skularā€™s bracers.

1 Like

You pointed out how reliant Monks are on cooldowns and Epiphany right off the bat, but failed to do the same for Crusaders and Akarat.

4 Likes

For the balancing patch, are the developers looking primarily to modify ā€œthe numbersā€ on class set bonuses or on items or a combination of both?

I donā€™t need any balancing. I need a weapon.

Hey, I also made a a few extensive feedback threads.

Maybe you can send it over as well when you are already at it, that is unless this is not the kind of feedback you are looking for:

For possible Skill Changes:

For possible Quality of Life Changes:

In that regards, it would be interesting to know what kind of feedback you and the devs are looking for and what not, because that would also make it easier for the community to provide the correct feedback to you.

Maybe you can give us some information about that, so we donā€™t spend too much time with writing feedback that will go nowhere since it would be useless for you.

Thank you!

2 Likes

In the past, they mostly have done both.

I see a lot of ā€˜rebalancingā€™ by making underpowered items stronger, but nothing about making the top builds weaker. This game is getting far too easy with all of the power creep, it needs to stop.

4 Likes

In the unlikely event this ever sees the eyes of the dev team.

Make sure part of ur 2.7 balance patch is to overhaul the Proc Coefficients of all skills.
That damn hidden stat is the reason half the Legenderies in the game with ā€˜on hitā€™ effects are unusable.

The last time something was nerfed using the hidden proc stat was when Inarius Necro was successfully using Mirinae Teardrop gem procs with its Bone Tornado.
it was hella fun, but ofc the inevitable happened.

Activison HQ:
Monitor : Warning! fun detected.
Monitor : Inarius Bone Tornado proc rate too high
Monitor : Initiating nerf
Monitor : Proc coefficient now 0.1
Monitor : Fun levels now returning to minimal levels.

-.-

10 Likes