Solo Self Found (SSF) for S22, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Here is my suggestion :
Put a SSF flag on each player who has never joined a group in the current season.
Make a “SSF flag only” filter for the Leaderboards.

Enjoy.

3 Likes

If you put a mode for 11% of your player base (HC), you have to put modes for other 11% groups (like SSF), don’t you agree?

I’d say D3 SSF would be way more popular than PoE SSF due to D3 having way less variance than PoE.

There is a grouping achievement. They just need to make it Seasonal and add a LB filter using it. That’s literally one hour of programmer’s time.

No. Besides, 11% in one game doesn’t mean 11% in another game.

A well balanced game, like PoE for example, has loot drop in intervals, or odds like D3. However, you may not get what you specifically want, you will get good items. A good player is able to work with those items and transition into a full out competition for the top spot.

Skill is the #1 factor.

If people want to use “streamers” as an example of players, then they are also game in the discussion due to what they want.

SSF is a bad idea imo. A band-aid fix, instead of addressing the real issues.

Just balance solo and grouping. Then people can choose whatever they prefer.

Some fairly small changes would be enough.

1. Same or at least nearly same XP buff for everyone. Make it 20% for 1man, 30% for 2-4 man, that is a good start.
  2. Bounty adjustment for 1/2/3 players. More bounty rewards for each of these group sizes.
  3. Reduce monster HP for 1/2/3 players.
  4. Buff follower with new/better items. Make them immortal as default.
    Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list - some ideas for follower items/buffs in this thread
1 Like

I like this one, just do it already. :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: They could rework Asheara’s Vestments so that followers are active 100% of the time and do a major upgrade to the other set bonuses. Include the follower skills that were remove prior to launch. It appears that each follower had an additional 4 skills to pick from. I am not sure why they removed them.

May 13, 2011

I wish they would. Sucks Blizzard gave up on Diablo3 so long ago.

1 Like

All this time wishing and asking for triple followers and IT WAS ALREADY THERE WHY AM I SO BLIND

This, D3, is not designed as a single player game. It’s just not going to happen.
D4, by the same token, is not a single player game. It’s just not going to happen.

Assimilate and be well.

Had no idea until now either that this possibility existed, lol… this being said, I never see players wearing Asheara’s Vestments (having 3 followers is cool but does not make you especially powerful…)

1 Like

It’s great that this article is discussed in such detail by most of the people!

The best ideas in this regard so far:

• The solo leaderboard should be split off and only be accessible to people who play solo without exception.
  • Implement an additional SSF (HC) mode for character selection.

But since most users argue that this will not happen because it consumes too many resources and thus high costs, I would like to address another very good idea (I think):

• Since it is a BALANCE season in S22 anyway, please change the XP advantage that the players receive if they play in a group.

This XP difference is far too big! There should be only a small advantage for groups of 4 to give an incentive to play together, but this must not completely leave solo players out of their way and make it impossible.

Hence the request to the Blizzard DEV team:

If NO SSF mode is possible, please balance the XP advantage of group players over solo players, so that both parties have an equal chance of competing against each other in the leaderboards.

At the moment the advantages that result from the group game are so huge that there is no other option than to play in a group if you want to keep up on the leaderboard.

Greetings to the community and the DEVs,

Stay save

kay0

I play PoE SSF … I would prefer to play D3 SSF if it was offered.

D4 SSF option would be nice too which is possible if they build that concept in from the ground up.

Also you wouldn’t be splitting the player base. Folks who play self imposed SSF don’t group anyway so they wouldn’t be missed from the server.

More options that cater to a players enjoyment of the game is better than less.

2 Likes

Then why ask for SSF mode again?

In case you missed:

D3 team literally telling everyone that they don’t have resources and manpower to do SSF mode in D3 GR Blog thread at Diablo Reddit.

Actually, the post does not say that at all. It says that doing an SSF mode would mean they couldn’t do other stuff for the game. Which is quite different.

I agree with Nevalistis that SSF mode isnt a good use of resources though.
Everything an SSF mode can offer, can be achieved through better game balance.

Dude you can easily make out Nev’s comment as:

" We have our currently available resources already allocated to other type of content we are more certain will be actually consumed."

3 Likes

How for all the people who keep saying that D4 is setup as multi-player only from the start, no, look at this and ask if it is. https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23189677/diablo-iv-feature-overview

To Party or Not to Party

Whether you’re prone to partying up or an independent adventurer, Diablo IV will have a way for you to play.

When it comes to the Campaign, you’ll be able to play through the entire story at your own pace or alongside friends, with progress syncing up to the party leader so there’s no question about what’s been done or what’s next on the checklist.

While most of the world is socially open, certain, smaller parts of each region are campaign specific. Once the campaign objectives have been completed, those areas will also dynamically open to other players. This means you might see another party of adventurers pass you by or you could organically stumble into an event or World Boss other players are already battling. You won’t need to party up to enjoy these activities; whether you decide to join the fray or continue your own journey, that decision remains yours.

point being that Blizz seen that there are a lot of solo people so D4 will have a lot of solo content. I and alot of other have read and heard them say that people DO NOT need to group to do dungeons, i.e. no place in D4 do you have to group to play, in D3 you do not have to group but if you do not you get punished for not grouping.

1 Like

Keep telling yourself that, :deer:

“A lot” is significantly different from “All”.

Blizzard strongly indicated that there would be multiplayer only content in Diablo 4 (not only world bosses, they directly said there would be other group content too).
Which tbh is unacceptable.

please show a link to where they say this?