Patch notes are coming

Because they said a few years ago that they were moving away from the forums. It could be because a very few players actually come to the forums. After the way some of the people on this forum treated our last CM Brandy after the Diablo Immortal announcement I do not blame them. No one should have to put up with that.

1 Like

Yet in the end, they made the D4 forum. :frowning:

5 Likes

But they normally do not have any inter action (discussions) with the players on the forums. Some players find out things (news) and post it on the forums, because blizzard uses the other platforms. I saw the patch comment and posted it on the forum because they did not.

2 Likes

Why the :frowning: though? Reddit and especially discord become echo chambers that are far more hostile to a wider group of people than these forums ever were. There should be a place for people to discuss the game, trolls and all.

Not everyone wants to (or can) use Twitter, which Rocket Man has recently decreed that the site must now be pretty useless to people without accounts, even just to get information and announcements.

If anything, I wish Blizzard would use their forum for relevant announcements, even if they’re just links to whatever they posted to Twitter.

The abuse of the CM’s is unacceptable of course, and I’m sure whoever runs their other social media gets it too.

3 Likes

You can say that again.

1 Like

In D4 they post end dates for seasons right on the loading screen :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hah! That’s nothing compared to the filth that gets slung on that Twitt app.

I’ll tell you the same thing our IT guys tell us at work when they are too lazy to do something that someone else is doing or has been doing for years:
“Sorry, but the technology is not there yet.”

2 Likes

They never said that they would move away from here, but it happened.
It makes one wonder why would they keep it open if it’s easier and cheaper to just lock and archive the D3 forum.

Because if there is no D4 forum, we can discuss about D4 in D3 forum for free. :laughing:

2 Likes

Could always post D4 stuff in the “Games & Technology” section, but no one will ever see that.

I’m thinking when they announce the next Campfire Chat, we’ll probably get our first glimpse of S29.

2 Likes

The D3 players have been very fortunate. Not long after the Necromancer DLC, the game went into Classic Game Status. I say fortunate because they were not obligated to do anything but patch and bug fixes.
We have seen years of seasons and new content since then and as many alluded, people still complained.

While I certainly agree that with D4 and Immortal, the focus has changed and even D2 resurrected has taken a back seat. I’d like to think that is the main reason, but as many have insinuated justifiably, for a game they never had to do anything more with for many years, they were given a lot of unpleasantness. “Throw enough mud and it eventually sticks”.

There is a definite ‘no-win’ with games now. People are complaining about P2W. I find this almost hilarious. If they are paying they have every right to complain. Many in the P2W complaining, are not paying, so it is funny. With D3, they paid once, no online fees and nothing more other than DLC’s like every game ever made. They got ten years out of it for around $100 or $10 a year. These days, you are lucky if you can feed yourself healthily for one meal on $10.

I would like to believe they will do another but I also believe like D2, it will be resurrected at some point.

2 Likes

If they had been more transparent with their ideas that went into the game and actually listened to and gave feedback to players, there would have been a lot less backlash.

Just look at how most PTRs were done. One (lately two) week to test surprising major changes, one week of absolute silence and then the final patch notes. It’s ridiculous.

Also, for years now people have asking for a major balance patch (ex. Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list) that would require mostly number tweaks and not new mechanics, it never happened.

I would LOVE a buff to EQ barbarian for this season.

1 Like

It’s been more than a “few” years. More than 10, I remember complaining about them using Twitter for important stuff since Mists of Pandaria on WoW.

1 Like

These forums are blocked on blizzards intranet like a restricted web site.

I agree with this in that the game has actually been supported with ongoing patches and content for much longer than expected.

On the other hand…

The worst offenders is when the devs rework a class set in guise they see fit… but the set doesn’t optimally work the way the envisaged and last minute, untested change to the set mechanics is pushed out live.

Worst offenders IMHO…

• Necromancer’s Rathma set: it’s the only pet set the Necro has (strange since Necro’s are the summoner archetype) and whilst many found the frantic mage spamming gameplay to feel like we’re working for the pets rather than the pets working for us, the rework to make your only viable attack an AotD nuke makes it feel less of a summoner set than before.

• DH’s Natalya’s set: went from a jack of all trades and only set to facilitate a Rapid Fire build to another spin to win “strafe does no damage but triggers the actual damage dealing skill” playstyle. Many players thought this was doubling up (rightly so) and we now have this crappy looking manually triggering spiked traps set at the cost of no set that supports Rapid Fire (a more satisfying skill to use IMHO).

Maybe it’s the economist in me but when something is to be implemented, the benefits needs to outweigh the costs and anything worth doing needs to put one in a better position than they would be compared to doing nothing.

I don’t know about you guys but I’d have preferred the devs to have not done anything to change these sets, or to add in a new set to facilitate these new playstyles.

It’s why there’s a part of me that just hopes the next patch is just a balancing patch to bring lower tiered builds to parity. Considering the misfires in D4 and the sets above, I’m not keen to gamble on another set rework that may see something that currently still has some use be turned into something not fun to play.

3 Likes

I’m happy to pay for dlc’s, new content, expansions (yes plural) for d3.

Let the 2nd expansion come out pls. New level cap for everyone, additional story, etc. New balances. A fix for the stash. For example convert some tabs to personal, character bound tabs instead of shared (such as a character’s inventory).

I do not like nor support p2w as that has to negatively impact game play/drops to work.

Selling pets, cosmetics, wings, I don’t care about as long as they are obtainable in game too. I do not mind people having shortcuts to those.

Since d3 has a shop, i believe they once had plans to sell stuff. Probably cancelled due to rmah p2w burn.

1 Like

Instead of D3 dlc they should port the game to the d4 engine and make it a retail expansion. You could access it via the world tier column or main menu.