Solo Re-Balancing Patch 2.7

D4 won’t favor multiplayer game play. Why don’t start with D3 and do the same?

1 Like

Sadly we dont know that yet.

But agreed. Time to rebalance the game for all group sizes.

1. Same XP buff for everyone
  2. Bounty adjustment for 1/2/3 players.
  3. Reduce monster HP for 1/2/3 players
  4. Buff follower with new/better items. Make them immortal as default.
    Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list
    Follower improvement suggestion for patch 2.7
    Some ideas for follower items/buffs in these thread

I like the “strength in numbers” feature in D3. Gives incentives to play with others to get more rewards as you play. Though it does seem unfair if you dont play in groups, not sure if theres a good compromise/solution for this. But instead of getting rid of it right away perhaps they could try reducing the amount of “extra” we get for each party memebers?

1 Like

Sure. How about
Solo: 20% buff
2-4 man: 30% buff
So it doesnt matter if you are 2 or 4 in a group. And the bonus is “only” 10% more than solo.

D4 has world boss event. Sound like multiplayer to me.

Also, if you read their D4 blog, they are actually focusing on couch co-op feature in that. It should tipped you on what they wanted to do with D4.

Couch Co-Op UI

We know many players enjoyed couch co-op in Reaper of Souls , and that the biggest complaint was the inability to do anything while one local player had a UI screen open. When the topic of couch co-op came up early on in development, we looked at the number of people who utilized this feature in Diablo III and found that the 2-player setup accounted for an overwhelming majority. For Diablo IV , we decided to focus on improving the favored 2-player co-op experience and set up our core progression UI screens such that they can be opened independently or at the same time.

“Strength in Numbers” is one of the reasons why I can tolerate baggage in the group play. If there is no “Strength in Number” buff, I would have kicked the weaker players aka baggage from the game immediately.

I mean, if I can solo GR90 in 3 minutes, why should I party with baggage to clear GR90 in 3:30 minutes again? Simple, the “Strength in Numbers” gave me the reasons not to kick them or stop playing with them.

I never play multiplayer, but I think it’s far too early to say D4 won’t favor multiplayer.

If anything, all signs point to multiplayer being the focus since the open world won’t have a solo version. We also need to take into account how D4 is being monetized with cosmetics. Sure, you customize the looks of your character to your taste, but Blizzard wants you to show off your cosmetics to others so that other players might spend money on them.

1 Like

Sadly true.

Why would you want to play with baggage regardless? Unless you are carrying them on purpose, because they are your friends or whatever.

Player skill is a non-issue in regards to the solo/group problem.
A “weaker player” will also be doing worse solo. And there will be plenty of weaker players they can play with. They dont have to play with someone who carries them. Heck, being carried is not fun. That is a matchmaking issue though, unrelated to solo/group balance.