Idea: Boon of the Soloist

Not half-bad, but what would such a gem do? simply increase XP by 50% while not in a group?

1 Like

Not a bad idea. Fits into helm. Increases XP. Sort of like an uber ruby.

I’m hoping for something more.

If it increased cooldowns or doubled damage it would also be more of the same.

I’m not coming up with anything original.

[edit: using the flavor text (and why not) I think the gem should add to all random rolls. Upgrading gems? Now you have a 100% change at 7-8 levels above rank (normally 10). CHC? You crit more often. Magic find? you get the idea.]
[edit: roll the dice. Add 20% of the range to the result. Set any overflow to max]

1 Like

It’s too late to fix the weird mechanic that makes players get more xp just because they are in teams. We can only hope they don’t introduce it in D4 !

2 Likes

Or they could just release a new SSF game mode so that players who plays solo wouldnt have to get jealous of other players gaining more benefits from grouping. They wouldn’t compare themselves with players that groups, they would compare themsevles to other solo only players like themselves in SSF mode.

3 Likes

A gem for solo players or a SSF mode will most likely not happen in D3.
They do not care about solo players, they are even pushing group play in D4.

1 Like

Doesnt really solve anything.

I am not a fan of a gem either. You shouldn’t give up a gem slot to get closer to groups. That is kinda one step forward and one step backward.

Do this:

1. Same or at least nearly same XP buff for everyone. Make it 20% for 1man, 30% for 2-4 man, that is a good start.
  2. Bounty adjustment for 1/2/3 players. More bounty rewards for each of these group sizes.
  3. Reduce monster HP for 1/2/3 players.
  4. Buff follower with new/better items. Make them immortal as default.
    Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list - some ideas for follower items/buffs in this thread
2 Likes

Flavor text on this should be

“Forever alone” with a little meme sad face.

4 Likes

What about items that only drop, and are only usable in a solo game? Or perhaps being able to socket a legendary gem in something other than jewellery… say a belt?

1 Like

I really like this idea!

50% more XP, incoming Damage reduced by 80%, damage increased by 1000% and 4x Bountymats would be a nice first iteration on a PTR, imho.

However, that’s not gonna happen. “Group good, solo bad”. It’s that simple for D3.

1 Like

EXP is the only answer.
exp increased by xxx% while playing solo. (playing GR75 while getting exp form GR100)
lvl25: +25% movement.

Consider if you use this gem, you have to drop one of your three best gems. This means you cannot play high GR in solo (and group) and you cannot leveling your gems as high as anymore.

Would this really satisfy the fanatics? I don’t really think so. But ok, maybe this would help a bit. Sadly - they won’t implement such a mode during the maintenance mode. But maybe they could add some more game information from the profile to their API. In this case, players could easily create some semi-official websites about the SSF-Players.

• Achievements: Cooperative > Heroes of the Ages
  • GR Records

If this achievement is missing and also the entries for 2,3,4man doesn’t exist, than it’s a SSF-Profile.

That’s what I always thought. In my poor mind, and based on some other games I’ve played, you do an X activity solo and you get Y exp, and if you do this X activity with 3 others, the total Y exp should be divided so everyone gets Y/4. And to battle it , or encourage the group play, the group should be able to do faster and higher content as a group so there is some balance in between.

2 Likes

Since those solo players always love to complain how unfair was group synergy, maybe the gem should give them 30% EXP like group XP bonus and double bounty crafting mat after the solo cleared 25 bounties alone.

Who knows, maybe with the help of the new gem, they will be the one reaching P5000 first with full primal while the group is probably struggling reaching P4000 in the future season.

This will never happen and you know it. Why are you so against soloer from getting close to what group gets?

2 Likes

Groups get 30% more XP. A gem, socketed anywhere, costs at least an affix slot. HOWEVER, a charm that works while your in solo play would be elegant.

The charm could be earned with a cube recipe or crafted with hellfire reagents, just off the top of my head. I’m gonna invite Shadout. He <3 charms.

1 Like

As someone had already said in another thread, any adjustments made regarding solo vs group efficiency should be applied to the game as a whole, in other words generically rather than through the means of items.

Now will blizzard do anything regarding the solo efficiency? Maybe, maybe not, only time will tell.

2 Likes

Maybe you should ask why those solo players think that 30% group exp is the main reason why they can’t compete in the solo leaderboard.

What’s wrong with a minor trade-off? If you think 30% is low because it costs an affix, you can increase it to 100% then.

Instead of asking charm, which the developer has to design and coding it, which is pretty much going to be used no matter (or fill in the inventory), might as well make it a baseline for solo player.

Sure, they could totally just make it baseline; just up XP by 30% and remove Strength in Numbers. I really don’t care: I just thought a way to earn a charm that was end-game only was a better solution.

It would work. But why not simply make it baseline like the group buff. Coming up with new gems, charms etc. is an unnecessarily complicated solution to a very simple problem tbh.

:smiley: I’d certainly take it over nothing.
(I actually dont care much about charms one way or the other!)

Maybe they dont think so. It is multiple reasons. 30% XP is just one of those reaons.
All these reasons need to be addressed.

Indeed.