Crusader set suggestion for patch 2.7

Crusader has the best RGK build. The class shortcoming is its inability to speed farm. Some build and the class also lack toughness for most of its build.

AKKhan
(6) increase damage bonus to 5000%

Belt of the Trove: Every 4–8 seconds, call down Bombardment on a random nearby enemy.

Norvald’s Fervor Set Bonuses (2 pieces): Gain 400% increased damage while using Steed Charge and for 5 seconds after it ends. Increases the duration of Steed Charge by 2 seconds. In addition, killing an enemy reduces the remaining
cooldown of Steed Charge by 1 second.

The Mortal Drama: Double the number of Bombardment impact. Bombardment deal 150-200% increased damage

Swiftmount: Steed Charge gain Spiked Barding rune. Also increase the damage and duration of Steed charge by 100%

Unrelenting Phalanx: Phalanx now casts twice. Also Increases Phalanx Damage by 500–600%

Eternal Union: Increases the duration Phalanx avatars by 200%. Phalanx gain Bodyguard rune.

Warhelm of Kassar: reduces the cooldown by 60% and increases the damage of Phalanx by 300-400%

Akkhan’s Manacles: the first 5 enemies hit by Blessed Shield suffers 80-100% increased damage. Increase damage of the Blessed shield by 250%.

Akkhan’s Addendum: gain an extra 20% cooldown reduction to all skill affix.

With the above changes, crusader should have 2 speed farming builds, Akkhan bombardment and Aegis of Valor Fist of the Heavens. The damage buff to AKKhan should also bring condemn, blessed shield to similar power level compare to Heaven fury.
Phalanx pet build could also be potentially used for a speed farming build. Maybe we can give it some damage buff and have a try.

Seeker of the light:
(2) set: also reduce the cooldown of Akarat’s Champion by 1 second
(4) set: damage reduction increased to 60% and duration increased to 12 seconds. Generate 20 Wrath per enemy hit
(6) set: damage of both falling sword and blessed hammer increased to 20000%

Guard of Johanna: Blessed Hammer damage is increased by 200-250%. This effect is doubled for the first 3 enemies it hits.

Johanna’s Argument: increases attack speed by 100% (Global). Increase damage of Blessed Hammer by 300%.

Every since SOTL is released, the casting animation of the Falling sword is very slow. It interrupt the flow of the build, Increase its damage, attack speed and make it generate wrath would make it feel so much better.

Roland:
(4) set: damage increased to 20000%
(6) set: damage reduction increase to 20% and the duration increased to 12 seconds

Denial: increase the damage of sweep Attack by 500-625%. Each enemy hit by Sweep Attack increase the damage further by 1% (multiplicative).

Piro Marella: reduces all resource cost by 50%. Increase damage of shield bash by 300%

Drakon’s Lesson: increase damage of shield bash by 200-300%. if Shield Bash hits 3 enemies or less, refunds its Wrath cost and increase the damage by 100%.

Shield bash and blessed shield now benefit from TOTAL block chance.

I know shield bash may need even more changes, but I have no idea on what else is needed. So I would said just buff the damage first and see what other need may be needed.

For Sweep Attack, I suggest changing the mechanism for it to flat damage as it would help with killing single target. However, one may still face the problem of lacking Wrath when facing 1 enemy.

Invoker
(4) set: damage reduction increased to 60%
Hack: Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 100% more damage. 150-200% or your block amount is added to your Thorns damage.
Now also roll with extra thorn damage affix.

Justice Lantern: Gain damage reduction based on 80% or your Block Chance. Also, increase the block amount by 45-60%

Iron Maiden and Hold Your Ground(passive) now also increase your block amount by 50%

Divine Fortress: Increases Armor by your TOTAL Block chance.

Tyreal’s Might: Law of Justice gain all runes and its rune effects are 50% stronger.

Law of justice - Faith’s Armor: empowering the Law Crusader and allies gain a shield that absorb 26821 + 200% of your block amount for 5 seconds

Simplicity strength and depth digger now work with invoker.

I think block amount is a long-forgotten stat. With the above suggestion, the block amount would become a useful stat.

Support build
Akanesh, the Herald of Law of Valor gain all runes, and its rune effect now also apply to allies

Hallowed Protectors: Hallowed Barricade can now roll a random element
(2) set: +500 all resistance,15% attack speed, 50% increased block amount
all affix on your shield is also apply to your allies. (also work on follower)

A zdps that could provide resource cost reduction. I would also like to see what the community can come up with with the new Hallowed protector build.

Passive change:
Righteousness: increase your damage to demon and undead by 20% (original effect added to Fanaticism)

Renewal: Using a defensive skill heal you and your allies for 20% of maximum life over 5 seconds

Insurmountable: Blocking an attack generates 6 Wrath and heals the Crusader for 16093 Life. The heal amount is increased by your life on hit.

Long Arm of the Law: Reduce the cooldown of all skills by 15%. Increase the duration of the Active effect of all Laws by 5 seconds.

10 Likes

That can be fixed by adjusting a few things.

This is one of the things, plus giving some more power to blessed shield (since the multiplier isn’t matching condemn), with that you could have two really decent speed farming builds.

I believe this bonus is far to high, the current one is actually fairly fine as it is, foth speed build needs improved power on the belt for instance since it needs that power in a pushing build. Other things could be said about something like swiftmount, you could add a damage multplier to that to improve runes like spiked barding, you basically run through enemies and melt them with thorns damage.

But that is only if you can change invoker.

In my opinion, you could apply 3000% to thorns damage on the 6-piece and reduce the damage on the single target effect to 500%. What it would do is essentially make the 2-piece aoe work, since the 2pc stacking and the 6pc static would be multiplicative with eachother, as such the crusader will explode in thorns damage as it runs through enemies.

1 Like

I come up with 500% because, on average most of the skill bonus on crusader main hand and shield is around that number. Also the current LON bombarment build can barely clear GR 100, the gap is around 28 level, a 80X damage multiplier is needed.

Sure, but what I was saying was to put more damage bonus on other items like mortal drama or belt of throve.

The set is fairly allright as it is, but since there hasn’t been builds that could utilize due to no supporting items, it hasn’t been dusted off. Rather increase the power on those, then we would see that it’s strong enough.

As such, I suggested to change invoker, both an improved swiftmount or mortal drama could work well on that set combined with the Norvald’s set.

That I agree. I have added a higher multiplier to Belt of the Trove and The Mortal Drama

1 Like

The primary skill change on hack wouldn’t work as it’s not the primary skill dealing the damage.
This could be a change to the set that your primary skill now deals thorns damage instead of the thorns on top of the damage. Then you could add the multiplier from simplicity strength and depth diggers. It also makes the slash belt more appealing too for aoe.

The block amount is interesting with the rest of the block amount changes, turns a neglected stat into something usefull.

may be that should be changed along side with Simplicity strength and depth digger.

I really liked your roland’s changes, maybe there should be some new bracers that have an interaction with sweep attack. perhaps give all the runes to the attack or just an extra multiplier like Bracers of fury making Sweep attack deal increased dmg to targets stunned immobilized etc,

I just would really love to be able to have more options to play, those sets need number buffs to be able to compete with shotgun build, This doesn’t mean either that heaven’s fury should be nerfed, in fact I love the build so much, it’s a lot of fun, but honestly having more options to play and have equal power should be in the game.

I totally agree with you on increasing the game play style. I hope to see each class got to have at 5+ styles that are with in 5-8 GR level.

However, I would rather not adding a bracer to sweep attack, as the more core gear a build get, the less customization one get.

Adjustment for Blessed Shield - make the base skill damage based on 500% weapon damage and 500% of your TOTAL BLOCK %, not just shield.

Do this, and the Akkhan Manacle adjustment you mentioned, and no other changes would be required for that set, or the LoD version (which I like so much more).

2 Likes

After making wish lists for monks and wizards for 2.7, I came to the crusader forums with the same intention. I see now that is no longer needed

What i would like to add tho is a simpler solution to both Roland and Akkhan Condemn:

AKKHAN’S ADDENDUM: Akarat’s Champion gains the effects of the Prophet and Embodiment of Power runes. While under the effect of Akarat’s Champion all damage is increased by 100%.

I’m not sure AoV would benefit from it since having two slow 2h weps will mean not 100% uptime.
Akkhan and Roland instead get a way better alternative to Furnace.

I’m also a huge fan of adding powers to items that don’t have any or have lackluster ones :smiley:

Regarding set bonuses, 5000% for the 6pc might be too much. 3000-4000 seems reasonable.

I agree that AKKHAN’S ADDENDUM can also use some love. I am thinking about changing Firestarter rune to provide 35% fire damage and, make the item provide all runes.

I also have a post on wizard and monk. In fact I have post on all classes.

Lon bomb can easily clear 120.

Roland doesn’t particularly need single target damage.

Overall, not a fan of those reworks.

Then how come no one is using LON bomb to do speed farming? It is not even seen in T16. It was the fastest crusader build.

You don’t have resource problem when facing 1 target with Roland?

Because foth is just simply more reliant, LoN bomb was strong at killing clusters of enemies, but Foth doesn’t need that. Even condemn was more efficient since it would pull in everything, essentially create its own density.

Because of the cooldown nature of bombardment, it’s not gonna be as fast as a spammable skill. That is why I suggested improving swiftmount as an additional damage source in between the cooldowns.

Since there’s a rune on both bombardment and steed charge that works with thorns, it would feel quite natural. Run around through enemies, let the horsey kill the smaller ones then pop bomb when you see an elite pack.

With the new cc combo resource isn’t really an issue anymore, and before that it was possible to find rcr on gear to circumvent that, 38% was needed on the gear to have full uptime of wrath throughout a single target fight, with only paragon and cc, you would net around 28%, which is pretty close.

But even before cc, any boss with some form of summoning ability would almost always leave you with full wrath.

Cool it is good to know. Thanks for the info. The following adjustment is made.

Belt of the Trove: Every 4–8 seconds, call down Bombardment on a random nearby enemy.

Norvald’s Fervor Set Bonuses (2 pieces): Gain 400% increased damage while using Steed Charge and for 5 seconds after it ends. Increases the duration of Steed Charge by 2 seconds. In addition, killing an enemy reduces the remaining
cooldown of Steed Charge by 1 second.

The Mortal Drama: Double the number of Bombardment impact. Bombardment deal 150-200% increased damage

Swiftmount: Steed Charge gain Spiked Barding rune. Also increase the damage and duration of Steed charge by 100%

I’d say the main issue with LoN bomb crusader as a speed farming build is the time it gets for the bombardment to fall and kill mobs.
In t10, you could kinda kill things with just steed charge, but nowadays, that’s not happening.
Fyi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkuhu4-SGQo&t=2s a video about LoN Bomb in 2019.

The problem with LON Bomb is it uses the thorns for damage as it is the only multiplier that bombardment really has.

Mortal drama and belt of the trove should at least have a multiplier, so you can use the other runes if you wanted. However I’d actually like to see bombardment used in conjunction with phalanx, instead of thorn’s I think it would make for a much more engaging playsyle and would allow CDR from orotz

1 Like

This is something the Shield Bash build really needs!
At least the addition of Shield Bash damage, but I am not so sure if it would be a good idea to make it reduce the resource costs of ALL skills as well. Might become too overpowered.

That is definitely an important change!

Currently it only increases the damage of Shield Bash when you hti 3 or less enemies with Shield Bash, and changing this to a static bonus that increases the damage regardless of how many enemies you hit is definitely good and makes the Shield Bash build more viable.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
yes, please!!

What exactly do you mean with “flat damage” in this context?

The problem with block is that it blocks a flat amount of damage rather than a percentage amount, which means that in higher difficulty settings it become basically useless.

To make block more useful, blocking with a shield should absorb ~30-50% of the damage blocked, instead of absorbing a flat amount. For all classes, not just the Crusader.

Had the same idea in my proposal thread.

=========

Overall a good proposal, although Crusader is not one of my main classes (though it might be if Shield Bash would be more useful)

I am refering to Denial, its original effect is to provide 100-125% increased per enemy hit. So when facing 1 enemy your damage is lowered.

Diablo 3 is flooded with % damage reduction. I would want to see something different. I suggested a lot of skill or item changes that increase block amount by 50%, with a few of them block would really be able to block incoming damage.

1 Like