QoL Improvement Requests

This here is a list that I have compiled with the most common and most important QoL changes that are requested by the community and a few QoL stuff that I personally think would be good for the game.

I don’t demand anything, I just thought they might be worth mentioning and maybe some make it through. I know that definitely not all (or maybe even any) will make it into the game, but it still would be nice if the list (at least in parts) would be forwarded to the devs.

Interface & Visual Changes

• Search Function for stash AND bags.

• The Search Function should also be able to search for tags like “ancient”, “set”, “gem”, “jewel”, set names like “unhallowed”, item types like “staff”, “ring”, and slots like “head”, “torso” etc.

• Move the Paragon Point Button to the right, between the resource orb and the friendlist & collection buttons, so it isn’t too much in the way when you level up during a GR.

• Allow us to turn of killstreak notifications (Massacre bonus) and others like Mighty Blow, Destruction or Pulverized.

• Give us the option to change back to the old gauntlet cursor! Many people do not like the current cursor. Allow us to select a check mark in the options menu to change the cursor for people who want to use the old one.

• Save the page that was last opened on an artisan and Kadala, so the next time you click on that NPC, the same page opens again.

• Allow the Chat Box to be deactivated, so it can’t open when you accidentally click on it.

• Allow us to hide the minimap.

• An option to lock the UI buttons during GR’s.

• An option to lock the whole UI while in combat (to prevent accidentally clicking on it).

• An option for GR invites to open in the foreground, including when looking at other player’s build in pub game.

• An option to hide, disable, minimize, etc the pop-up notifications for quest completion, GR invites, follower dismissal when entering a party, chat and quest dialog, etc. (or let someof them fade out over time, like for having completed a GR, Quest or Bounty).

• Also show the actual cooldown and the actual resource costs of a skill when you hover over its icon after cooldown reduction and resource cost reduction were subtracted and not just base cooldown/resource costs. This could eventually work with the damage / dps a skill does as well, that include things like x% increased skill damage and x% elemental damage, etc.

• Allow us to reduce/adjust the spell effects of other players, just as it is with pets from allies right now.

• When you have put an item in one of the Mystics crafting tabs and you switch from for example Enchanting to Transmogrifying or to the Color Dying Tab, the item should remain in the crafting window on the Mystic, so you do not have to reapply it everytime you shift from tab to tab.

• When you reroll an affix on the Mystic, the tab that shows all the different affixes and possible ranges these affixes can roll should not close and instead stay open.

• When changing a property on an item on the Mystic, display a window that shows how the stats (Damage, Toughness, Recovery) would change if the new affix is chosen (similar to the window that pops up when comparing item in the inventory with equipped items).

• Visually show your remaining Energy Shield (like from the Wizards passive skills Galvanizing Ward and Domination, or from items like Molten Wildebessts Gizzard, St. Archew’s Gage, etc) as an additional layer above a characters health globe. This feature was already in the game during the RoS beta, as it can be seen here: https://imgur.com/2fHihdf

Gameplay Changes

• The all time classic: let pets pick up crafting materials.

• Enemies could have a separate CC resistance for knockback and hard CC’s (hard CC = freeze, stun, fear, charm, confuse, blind, etc), because knockback is not a hard CC and there are certain skills (like Ground Stomp – Wrenching Smash) that otherwise apply more total CC resistance than they deserve imo.

• Remove the movement speed cap. That way, Movement Speed would become a much more interesting affix on boots, because you didn’t just simply had to max it out on Paragon.

Item Changes

• Radmaladnis Gift could also work on amulets and rings.

• The Sage Set could also increase the number of Reusable Parts, Magic Dust and Veiled Crystals that drop, not just Death Breaths.

• At higher Torment Levels, several Reusable Parts, Magic Dust and Veiled Crystals could drop at once, scaling with Difficulty Level.

• Add the Wizard’s Channeling Skills and Electrocute to DMO bonus

• Remove certain fixed affix rolls from certain legendary amulets, so these amulets can be useful as well, because they then would be able to roll with the trifecta of x% elemental damage, CHC and CHD, which they currently can’t, because currently legendary amulets like Countess Julia’s Came (the amulet that makes you immune to arcane damage) ALWAYS roll with x% increased attack speed, or that The Ess of Johan (the amulet with the proc that pulls enemies together and slows them) ALWAYS rolls with cooldown reduction. etc.

• Allow the LoD gem (and eventually some of the less powerful gems like Mirinea, Wreath of Lightning, etc, but not the main gems like BotT, BotS, etc) to be able to be socketed into armor.

Other Changes

• The option to gamble from Kadala as another class.

• Move Kadala closer to the Blacksmith in every act.

• Allow the Mystic to enchant one Primary and one Secondary Affix.

• Let Bovine Bardiches and Puzzle Rings stack. Not directly, but let us transmute the Bovine Bardiches with the cube into a stackable item like a cow-bell and this cow-bell stacks up to 100 times. When you then cube the cow-bell again, it opens the portal to the cow level. Same for the Puzzle Ring.

• Move the Town Portal away from the Wardrobe in New Tristram.

• Move Tyrael and the Town Portal away from each other in Bastion’s Keep, even if it is just slightly.

• Allow us to freely choose a default act in which we can spawn when we start the game.

• A way to tell which items are tagged for builds in your armory.

• Maybe there can be a way to select to convert more Crafting Materials at once in the cube (e.g up to 1.000 Arcane Dust to 1.000 Veiled Crystals at once, etc).

• Replace Gold Find in Paragon with Pickup Radius.

• Allow Force Move/Interact to be bound to the Left Mouse Button.

• Allow us to prematurely close regular rifts and GR’s in one way or another.

• Allow us to prematurely close Cow Level and Vault Portals in one way or another.

• The portals from the Uber Event (which you open with Infernal Machines) should close automatically ~30-60 seconds after the second boss has been killed.

• Uber Bosses should drop an equal (not random) amount of materials after you killed them in all 4 realms.

Area Changes

• Increase the monster density on Shrouded Moors maps in Nephalem Rifts.

• Increase the overall monster density in man rift maps, like for example caves.

• Maybe cave maps should no longer spawn starting at certain GR Level (e.g. starting at GR80, Cave Maps no longer spawn in GR’s)

====================================================

If anyone has other ideas that could be be added to that list, please share them below.

Ty!

21 Likes

Very detailed and informative, good work. I was planning on posting something similar but you did it first and even better what I had in mind. Pretty much brought up all the things that i’ve seen what the community members had suggested throughout the past.

I think 1 thing I would like to add is make Nephalim Glory Globe/Power Globe more meaningful and useful for the PC version.

Lets hope they actually listen and do something rather than ignoring us per usual…

3 Likes
  • Radmaladnis Gift should also work on amulets and rings.

I think this would be far too OP and need a lot of work from the devs to be correctly balanced, can’t see it happening tbh

• The option to gamble from Kadala as another class.

Seems pointless, you need to be using the correct class to see if the item is really useful anyway. You can already earn bloodshards with one character and spend them on another.

• Allow the Mystic to enchant one Primary and one Secondary Affix.
  • Let Bovine Bardiches and Puzzle Rings stack. Not directly, but let us transmute the Bovine Bardiches with the cube into a stackable item like a cow-bell and this cow-bell stacks up to 100 times. When you then cube the cow-bell again, it opens the portal to the cow level. Same for the Puzzle Ring.

I quite like these ideas, the secondary affix thing could be interesting and shouldn’t be too OP. I’d love a way to stack Bovines and Puzzle Rings.

• Allow us to freely choose a default act in which we can spawn when we start the game.

Yeah that would be good, I always seem to start in Act III for no apparent reason and it’s the absolute worst place to be!

• A way to tell which items are tagged for builds in your armory.

This would definitely be very useful, or at least a warning if you are about to destroy an item “this item is currently in use for x build by x character”

Thank you! That is some nice feedback to hear.

Something like 10% increased damage per stack of Nephalim Glory?!
I would be fine with that…

I am totally aware that some of my suggestions are maybe too powerful and eventually also too difficult to implement, however, since I personally do not know how long something would actually take or how difficult it would be to implement it, I post them anyway, but still, only as requests. If these suggestions/requests are implemented or not is up to the devs and when they don’t, that is also okay…

This is one of the suggestions that does not come from me and I personally would be okay without it, however, it is one suggestion that often (or at least regularly) comes from the community and they seem to like ti, and so I included it in the list.

==================

And thanks for the rest of your feedback as well.

Love this post!
My own thoughts have to do with cleaning up the pop-up notifications for quest completion, GR invites, follower dismissal when entering a party, chat dialog, etc. These need to be able to be turned off or minimized by implementing user interface option that allows players to have a different look.

I agree wholeheartedly about ramaladnis on jewelry. I do not think it would be OP at all, simply adding one stat line to the item, and it gives us more to do with all those things when they stack up. Every jewelry to be maximally effective needs a socket, though not all rings earlier in the game need them automatically. This gives players a chance to socket the rings they most want to use which are most valuable. Some have suggested making all rings roll a hard socket so that you only enchant the stat lines, but ramaladni’s allows more discrimination and choice to which jewelry you want to be your main gear - plus it is already in the game and it didnt make weapons OP!

3 Likes

Nice list you have…
To add on the feedback made by the others…

Though I get the reason why… it’s not possible. items that can be stacked should have the same properties (i.e. normal gems and ramaladni’s gift). Both bardiche and ring do not fit this criteria.

A change I would like to see is removing doors in GRs (i.e. Ruins of Corvus)

2 Likes

ty!

I can add that to the list!

There also is the idea that once you finished a bounty of GR, that the notifications fade out after ~5 seconds or so.

You didn’t read the rest of the paragraph…
But thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Allow to bind left mouse skill to a key leaving LMB as “force move/interact”.
Ideally put the option into the skill window and store it in the armory.

Option to disable ALL clicking on HUD while in combat.

GR invites should open in foreground, especially when looking at other player’s build in pub game.

1 Like

Absolutely! Force move/interact on the same button as a skill is one of my biggest pet peeves in the game. On PC it should be a done deal, just have skill 1 and interact/move be separate items in the key assignments, but the only 2 that can be assigned to the same button and both assigned to LMB by default.

Consoles can run out of buttons, though, so some consideration needs to be considered there. Unfortunately, as much as I find the issue annoying on PC, it is at least twice as annoying on the Console where you can’t point with a mouse cursor so you are relying on the targeting AI to determine whether you cast skill 1 or tried to interact. This can actually kill your character when you needed to cast skill 1 in the heat of battle and the game decided you wanted to open a chest instead. There lies your dead character in a pile of gold. To that end…

The typical layout is:

• Left joystick is movement, so you don’t really need force move on console.
  • Right joystick is dodge, which doesn’t exist on PC, but I don’t tend to use it.
  • 4 right thumb buttons are skills, one is currently overloaded with “interact”.
  • left and right triggers and shoulder buttons are the 2 remaining skills + potion + target lock (not in the same order on all consoles, but those 4 buttons have those 4 assignments)
  • Left d-pad buttons are town portal, map, season journey, and fast equip.
  • pressing L/R thumbsticks tends to be things like “unequip/dismiss follower” and too easily trigger a move/dodge to be useful in the wild

The question becomes which buttons are prime locations for combat skills and is there one convenient enough to swap out for “interact”? I’d personally give up season journey and fast equip without even getting something back in return (fast equip is really targeted at couch co-op and only useful during leveling and the season journey belongs in the menus), but putting “interact” on the left thumb buttons seems a little awkward for something you do pretty often.

Perhaps have a shoulder button be interact and move health potion to a left thumb button? The danger would then be missing the button and bringing up a map when you are desperately in need of health. The left thumb doesn’t get as much training for heat of battle decisions.

There’s a pattern to it.

Starting act still changes like the old bounty bonus rotation used to. You know how you used to start in the bonus bounty act and the bonus act changed once an hour in a fixed rotation?

That still happens. We don’t have the bonus act anymore, but there’s still a fixed rotation of starting act that changes once an hour. You should find you start consistently in Act 3 for an hour, then when the hour rolls over and you create games in the next hour window you should find you are starting in a different act for an hour.

With the old bonus bounty act it used to be a 20 hour rotation in a fixed order. So it wouldn’t be the same at each time each day, since the rotation was different than day length. But if you knew where you were in the rotation, you could figure out what was coming up next.

Not sure if the starting act order is still the same 20 hour rotation or if they changed the order at some point, but it definitely still changes every hour.

1 Like

I added all three of your suggestions to the list.

1 Like

I would really like to when you engage an elite to see what affixes they’d have in the chat box.

1 Like

I think that is probably gonna take away too much place in the chat box in order for being seen and processed by players easily/intuitively.

Salvaging a primal gives a primal essence. A new cube recipe that takes five primal essences, 100 forgotten souls, 20 of each bounty mat and 500 DBs reforge an item of your choice to a primal that can roll just like it would if it dropped or was gambled.

Put a choice for the map over the middle of the screen like in D2. I find myself still looking up at the top right corner way too much.

Regular puzzle rings have a 10% chance to spawn an ancient vault.

1 Like

I find that I have to spend way too much time to reforge legendaries at Kanai’s Cube. Why not allow us multiple selections…

1. Auto reforge until (ancient or primary) - selectable
    This would automatically keep reforging until the selected prefix is acquired.
  2. Allow us to select 1 (maybe 2) stat boosts for the resulting reforge…
    Again, this would keep reforging until the selected boosts are acquired.

Essentially this keeps using your materials until the end result is what you requested, or you run out of materials. Really, all this accomplishes is not forcing us to keep checking the resulting item type (legendary, ancient, primal) and which stats are active.

Obviously, both of these are optional selections… maybe a small button that pops up a simple dialog to select the options available.

I’d like higher tiers of the Material Exchange Recipes (1000 and 10000 recipes for exchanging RPs, ADs, and VCs.)

A recipe to cycle Bounty Materials (A1:KR + DB = A2:CN, ETC)

And more Armory Portraits, specifically:

1. One Icon for each helmet in each class set and one Icon with the LoD gemstone.
  2. Running Man Icon.
  3. Yellow Opened Nephalem Obelisk.
  4. Greater Rift Stone with a small Attack Icon. (The Armory does have a Legendary Gem Icon, but I think there needs to be two icons, to indicate whether the slot is for pushing or farming.)
  5. Greater Rift Stone with a small Running Man Icon.
  6. Bounty Cache Icon. (The Armory does have the Bounty Wax Seal Icon, but I don’t think that’s as recognizable)

To add more…

1. Uber to have equal mat drops in all 4 realms.

2. Auto close of uber portals (realm portals) after the 2nd boss is killed (anytime between 30 and 60 secs).

I don’t think this would qualify as a QoL change.

There already is a feature like that in the game. You can open a map of the zone that you are in (not talking about the world map). The only difference from the D2 map is that you can not click on something in the gameworld while that map is open.

That also does not qualify as a QoL change.

I can add these.

They are not going to do this.
They want you to play all acts in the game, which is one of their design choices.

I can add that.

Primals giving a primal essence on salvage that is reusable in crafting to make another primal would be nice to see. Questionable for a QoL change but I still see it as one.

The map in this game is awful. Improvements on it would be amazing. I liked the dimmed map overlay of D2. That would be great here. While they are at it they can mark elites on the map when you run into them and put markings next to them to let you know what the affixes are.

People have dozens and dozens of puzzle ring or just salvage regular ones. Giving people another shot at a use for them wouldn’t be bad but I see your point about it not being a QoL change.

So, let me look over your list:

A lot of ideas are good, especially gambling for other classes on one class which I have asked for in the past.

Search function in bags is not a huge improvement as it is small and easily looked through. It isn’t needed at all.

Having your pet pick up crafting materials is not either. This is a time sink that adds up over time. May as well suggest all blues drop as arcane dust, yellows as veiled crystals and white/grays as reusable parts. Once you have all legendaries equipped in each slot this should be an option.

Having the Ramaladni’s Gift useable for jewelry is a Quality of Power creep idea.

Socketing legendary gems into things other than jewelry is a Quality of Power creep idea.

Rolling a primary and secondary stat on items would never be allowed as it negates a huge part of the time sink in the game. Plus, it would help negate some of the worst loot itemization I have ever seen. I just love how a secondary single resist overrides a primary all resist still to this day.

As Bovine Bardiches and Puzzle Rings roll with stats they can’t be stacked. Have them drop like a Ramaladni’s Gift with no stats but can be used in the cube.

yeah, me as well, but I think that would probably be too much work to code something like that at this point in time.

People regularly ask for it.
I kinda would like it since I already have mules for items that don’t fit in my inventory anymore.

Lot of people ask for it and this list is not jsut for the things that I wanna see, but also what the community asks for.

yeah, I can see your point…

My point was that the rings and bardiches should be transmuted in the cube to an item that stacks, and then you can use this stackable item in the cube to open the portal.