Patch 2.7 quality of life improvement wish-list

Quality of life changes

1. Torment 16 has been removed, now there is a new difficulty call purgatory. There is a new object in town that can change the difficulty of the game. One can select 75 - 150 GR difficulty level for bounty, uber, cow level and rift. These option is unlocked alongside with GR.

2. This new object can also be used to reset world, including bounties, cow level and Uber bosses.

3. You can set a skill to auto-cast by pressing control + shift + assigned skill key. Cooldown based skill will recast once the cooldown is over. The auto-cast will be cancel automatically when u cast town portal.

4. New cube recipe is added which turn 10 Ramalandi’s Gift and 50 bounty material into anointment oil. Anointed item will keep all its rolled stat, but is now treated as a fleshly dropped item. One can pass this item to party member or reroll another stat on it. Completing the cow level will have a chance to drop Ramalandi’s Gift (50% of the GR difficulty level, i.e. 75% on 150 difficulty).

5. Salvage a primal legendary will result in a primal shard. 15 primal shards + 100 Demonic organ can upgrade an ancient legendary into a primal one with new cube recipe. (Drop from uber boss has also been improved)

6. Mass-Salvage button for non-ancient Legendary items is added.

7. An icon added to item that received new updated to indicate that it is an old item. This will help to avoid user spending material wrongly.

8. Increase end game activities make uber, cow level rewarding. Also how about introducing the boss rift from 2017 blizzcon.

Paragon changes
Paragon suppose to be a system of customization. Yet, it does serve the propose. We just max out everything and dump the rest to the main stat.
Some options like movement speed and gold farm should be removed and just be maxed out by default.

So here is what I suggesting:

Core tab:
Primary stat, Vitality
Season theme bonus, require 50 points (1 out of 3), unlocked at 800 paragon - Grandeur, Nightmares, and Forbidden Archives
Additional solo only bonus, free to select (1 out of 6) - Triune, Pandemonium, Tempests, Triple bounty bag, Double blood shard, Double Goblin, 50% increased experience gain

So basically, for all player they can now choose to have a seasonal theme active all time after they reach paragon 800.
If you play solo you can have another bonus. This is because if we allow the solo only bonus to being active in a group, it may be possible to have multiple buffs active. This changes could also potentially balance the difference in power level between solo and group player. I changed the double bounty bag to triple because in solo you have to clear all 25 bounties by yourself. I think the effort justifies the reward.

Offensive Tab:
Raw damage (1-3 damage per point)
Attack Speed
Area Damage
Thorn damage (150 per point)
Elite damage (10% @ max level)
pet damage (20% @ max level)
Critical Hit Chance
Critical Hit Damage

I think this will introduce customization in the paragon system. Currently, there are useless stat for certain build, e.g. CC and CD for thorn crusader, Resource cost reduction for HOTA, Area damage for pet build. This way we can change it based on our build.

Defensive Tab:
Life %
Armor %
Armor (+50armor per point)
All Resistances% (+25% @ max level)
All Resistances
Cooldown Reduction
Block chance (20% @ max level)
Dodge chance (15% @ max level)
Melee damage reduction (20% @ max level)
ranged damage reduction (20% @ max level)
Elite damage reduction (10% @ max level)

Utility Tab:
Maximum resource
Resource Cost Reduction
Control and impair reduction (40% @ max level)
Life per Hit
Life Regeneration
Health globe bonus (+400 per point)
Life per kill (+300 per point)
Pick up radius (+0.2 yard per point)

As you can see, basically there are more then 4 option for each tab and you cannot max out everything. You would have to choose what is the best option for your build and invest your point accordingly.

If you pick attack Speed, area damage, critical chance, critical damage from offensive. Life, armor%, all resistance, cooldown from the defensive. Maximum resource, Resource cost reduction, life per hit, life regeneration from Utility. You would end up having exactly the same bonus from the current system. So no extra power is being introduced, just adding some options.

14 Likes

I decided to respond to this part of your mega list because I had a specific thought: the wardrobe should also customize our followers items too. If I want my enchantress on one build and my Templar on another, or if I want diff items on the same follower for diff build, let it be so.

3 Likes

I have also include that in my follower revamp post.

:rofl: :man_facepalming:

‘fleshy dropped item’ what does this mean?
I assume you want to say that this item keeps all its current affixes, but that you again can reroll an affix of your choice on the Mystic.

I think this had to be done before you start the game, dunno.

An upgrade to Primal recipe would be interesting.
Does it keep its current affixes or will the be rerolled?

==================

For reference, here is my list.
You can take inspiration from that as wel if you want to:

Would this retain the rolls and just upgrade to primal maxing everything out, or would it be a reforge (new attributes rolled) that just guarantees a primal?

Some of the cool part about those season themes, especially grandeur, was the boost you got early season before completing your build. For example grandeur being able to complete sets easier before all the pieces dropped. For example you get 2 pcs from the first gift bag and get lucky and get another piece via drop before you get your gift bag, you can get the 4 pcs bonus a little bit early. Or getting 6 pc bonus before you get the last bag. Not being able to use it until after paragon 800 seems like it would invalidate a lot of bonus. Still would be an interesting choice between mainstat and an extra ring slot for hybrid builds I suppose. Does this work in NS also?

Um do you know how many people would abuse this when running bounties?
Just nope.

Not that I agree with the idea. But abuse how?

People will start a game on a low difficulty which will allow people to run them super fast and when they have completed everything they will increase to the highest difficulty and turn in the bounty quests, basically not working for it at all and players that are lower level that can’t complete T16 bounties can complete it on Normal difficulty and the increase it to T16 to get an absurd amount materials.

Surely the game can remember the lowest difficulty the game has been at during the time it has been open.

1 Like

Yeah that would be a better idea if the game could remember what difficulty you started on but brings in a lot other problems for Blizzard because they would have to program in that and that includes scaling for monsters because remember your level also counts and I don’t think they will do that it’s an awful lot of work for basically nothing when they can have it the way it is.

When introducing a new system, there is always a chance for exploit. Yet, that should not stop us from progressing.

The problem u said can be solved easily with carful coding.

I don’t see how that would stop anything from progressing, I think you lost track here completely about what the subject was about. Blizzard will not change this it will cost too much time and money and they have Diablo 4 to work on and only a small group of people are working on Diablo 3, we just have to deal with that fact.

this all sounds terrible. thanks.

Run 4/5 bounties in each act on Normal.
Use the object in town to set game to T16.
Do the remaining 1 bounty in each act.
Collect five T16 bounty caches
This despite 80% of the bounties being done on Normal.

How would that work in HC? Unless I’m mistaken, you can’t change the difficulty in HC. I guess it would just have no effect then?

So what is your list. Come up with something better.

You have to realize how far off in the development cycle we are at the moment. Most of the changes you proposed are something a new expansion could change. Sadly that’s not the case. What are we going to get instead is SOME number tweaks (read as power creeping buffs) , MAYBE a few new legendary powers (hopefully) and a slight chance of some reworks (looking at you firebird and raiment) .

Since D4 is in development and there’s no way D3 is making any money at the moment I’m honestly glad we’re getting anything at this point.

List is too long and unrealistic.

A realistic wish: rift guardian is actually NEXT to me when he pops, not 5 screens away. When pushing and every second counts, this is unacceptable.

1 Like

These are old saying. They are hiring a new animator for the diablo 3. Something may have changed.

Hydra set got new animation, necromancer Simulacrum using grim scythe is also new animation.

1 Like